Unicoi County Girls

luv2playnwatch

I dont know about all of you on Coach T. out there, but how do you think Unicoi girls will do this year??? In my opinion, I think we have a chance to go to state. Our boys are doing well too. Does anyone know how any of the teams played in the tournament this weekend? I heard Hampton was pretty good. Did TN high dominate Elizabethton?? I was in Nashville for the big ut and vandy game, so I havent heard. GO DEVILS!!!

I dont know about all of you on Coach T. out there, but how do you think Unicoi girls will do this year??? In my opinion, I think we have a chance to go to state. Our boys are doing well too. Does anyone know how any of the teams played in the tournament this weekend? I heard Hampton was pretty good. Did TN high dominate Elizabethton?? I was in Nashville for the big ut and vandy game, so I havent heard. GO DEVILS!!!

Elizabethton is very good. Anyone who beats them will have to play well. Don't see them getting any better though, probably because they have practiced 'nonstop' as opposed to starting on Nov. 1 as the RULES state. I wouldn't worry too much about Hampton right now. I watched them Fri & Sat, was pretty bad both games. Lots of potential there but they are a LONG ways from getting there. As for Unicoi, I heard they only had 10 girls in the whole program. What's up with that ? Doesn't bode well for the future which is after next season.

Elizabethton is very good. Anyone who beats them will have to play well. Don't see them getting any better though, probably because they have practiced 'nonstop' as opposed to starting on Nov. 1 as the RULES state. I wouldn't worry too much about Hampton right now. I watched them Fri & Sat, was pretty bad both games. Lots of potential there but they are a LONG ways from getting there. As for Unicoi, I heard they only had 10 girls in the whole program. What's up with that ? Doesn't bode well for the future which is after next season.

The statement, "they have practiced 'non-stop' as opposed to starting on Nov. 1" is laughable, especially coming from a Hampton fan. And for the record, the Lady Cyclones can improve...

• Upvote 1

The statement, "they have practiced 'non-stop' as opposed to starting on Nov. 1" is laughable, especially coming from a Hampton fan. And for the record, the Lady Cyclones can improve...

I heard Elizabethton lost a few from last year too. I guess all that practicing everybody is talking about made a few run. That little skinny point,backup that went to unaka hated itfrom what some of the kids in softball said. I think anyone can improove,and as far as us only having ten players, thats a good number. we have some good ones coming up. The prob with Science Hill and Eliz. is that dont use their bench much. not good if ya get a couple hurt or couple mad and quit, then u have people sitting on the bench. And, the whole jv and varsity thing. the ones they use on varsity alot should play very little if any jv. or the jv will have no experience.

The new coach is definitely bringing his own style to UC girls BB. The numbers are down somewhat this year but talent-wise this years team can stand toe to toe with SG, Greeneville and Eliz. Might still be a year away from knocking Eliz from the top spot in the conference but we will be much closer this year than last.

The uptempo style should make for exciting games with Eliz as they like to run and gun too, and we all know SG invented that style of play in UET.

Funny that the Hampton fan posted about Dugger starting his practices early. Apparently its no secret he operates that way. Problem is in my opinion it backfires as the team can peak too early as they did last year.

Squirrel, how deep is Coach Ep going on his bench thus far? His style needs subs and I haven't been paying attention to how many he's rotating in.

he has 7 solid but goes 8 deep and it seems to work right now

they have been impressive so far. the numbers will grow with

about 8 coming in next year. we only lose 1 so should be a

good 2 to 3 years i hope.

Guest LowManWins

Thanks for the info and I'm glad to hear we've got a good pipeline in place. If Coach King's still running the middle school program, those youngsters will be ready to come in and contribute right away.