7AAA

Blazeallthewaze

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched Blackman beat Springfield last night 45-40 in overtime. Springfield is probably not a great team but any win for the Blaze early in the year will be good for there confidence. I like the look of this team. I look forward to seeing Wortman coach and what he can do with the talent at Blackman. As far as the team, a good mix of youth(sophomores) and experience. Very impressed with sophomore Darius Thompson at point guard. He's a good ball handler and passes well. Looks to set up his teammates and seems to like to pass. Also Sophomore Alec McMiller is very impressive. Seems to have good presence and is very athletic. He did not have a great game but came thru in the clutch when it was needed. Also was impressed with senior Greg Peak. He is a big guy underneath that is naturally athletic and is a good rebounder. He will be depended on a lot underneath this year. Cole Robinson was one of the top players returning from last year and is a good scorer under the basket and should be one of Blackman's leading scorers on the year. Senior Leroy Jefferson and Junior Damian Sales played a good game and they are also both very athletic. Junior Jalen Smith did not play a great game the other night but he will be one of if not the top player on the team this year. I'm sure he is still getting his basketball legs under him after football season.

Overall this team is an average team at the moment but they do have the potential for much better things if they can jell into a good cohesive team.

Edited by Blazeallthewaze

My WARRIORS looked good last night I am very proud of them. They played hard all 4 QTRs and on defense they looked like they had a clue as to what our opponent was trying to do offensivly. I thought offensivly we played well and moved the ball decent I hope things go well and we continue to improve as the season goes and lets see what happens

my WARRIORS defeated lincoln county tonight in a good win LC hit about 8 3 pointers AT LEAST they was lighten it up from outside they only had about 37-40 points and most of those was behind the arc...we played very sound defense and moved the ball well on offense looks like we are about 7 deep and he is developing a few others so it will be intersting to see how the season pans out and who will do what is expected and get the minutes

GO WARRIORS

Blackman defeated Brentwood Academy tonight 47-44 in a close hard fought game. Game went back and forth. Jalen Smith hit a 3 pointer late to put Blackman up with less than a minute to go and held on for the win. Greg Peak played well inside I thought. I was also impressed by Quindell Cousin. He really has some hops. This team has potential to be good. Next year really good. I like the looks of this team.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Blackman lost to Lavergne tonight big. I forgot the score but it wasn't close. Blackman could not handle Lavergnes pressure. Blackmans starting point guard was not there. Anybody know what happened to him? They certainly needed him tonight. I think it could have been a different game with him but who knows? Is Darius Thompson sick? Hopefully he is not out for the year.

I believe Blackman is better than they showed tonight but we will see how they rebound from this.

Edited by Blazeallthewaze