7AAA

Blazeallthewaze

Last night Blackman had a hard fought win over Smyrna. Close all the way to the end and Blackman pulled out in the last couple of minutes. Big first district win for Blackman.

Tonight Blackman beat Franklin County by around 15. Led all the way. Played really good the 1st 3 quarters. Blackman is more athletic than they have been in the past. Finally have our point guard Darius Thompson back and he makes a big difference in this team. Blackman has a mix of youth and experience and can look really good at times. We looked good tonight against the Rebels. Quindell Cousins is very good and tough underneath. Leroy Jefferson is maybe our most consistent player. Jalen Smith and Alex McMiller are also very good.

I do think Blackman will upset one of the big 3 this year (Siegel, Lavergne, Riverdale). This is something I have not thought in the past. Blackman is coming.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night Blackman had a hard fought win over Smyrna. Close all the way to the end and Blackman pulled out in the last couple of minutes. Big first district win for Blackman.

Tonight Blackman beat Franklin County by around 15. Led all the way. Played really good the 1st 3 quarters. Blackman is more athletic than they have been in the past. Finally have our point guard Darius Thompson back and he makes a big difference in this team. Blackman has a mix of youth and experience and can look really good at times. We looked good tonight against the Rebels. Quindell Cousins is very good and tough underneath. Leroy Jefferson is maybe our most consistent player. Jalen Smith and Alex McMiller are also very good.

I do think Blackman will upset one of the big 3 this year (Siegel, Lavergne, Riverdale). This is something I have not thought in the past. Blackman is coming.

Blackman looked much better than they did earlier at Franklin Co. We looked flat and not just one but 2-3 three steps slower and not ready to play. Blackman won by 15+ but I think they could have won by 25. I think if they bang the boards like they did tonight they will have a shot at pulling an upset over the other three. But I think they will need to do better with turnovers. I thought they had too many non-pressure TOs and they will need to make those possession count more. Good Luck this Friday...hope you pull off the upset..

my WARRIORS lost tonight to lavergne not sure what happened from the 2nd QTR on but we didnt look like we knew how to run our offense give lavergne fredit they are quick and fast and had a lot to do with our problems...but i think we may of had more turnovers than shots and i am sure these are things that can get corrected

GO WARRIORS

Blackman lost tonight to Siegel 30-10. Very boring game to watch for the most part as Blackman held the ball for probably about 10 minutes of the 1st half trying to get Siegel to come out of the zone they were in. Blackman did not play well. Siegel is just too big. To compete with Siegel, Blackman has to shoot well from outside and we did not shoot well from anywhere. Blackman looked scared for a good part of the game. Quindell Cousins did play well after halftime as he seemed to be the only one that wanted to compete for Blackman. Blackman has to get better guard play out of Jefferson and Thompson, Smith has to shoot well and Peak has too rebound. Cousins needs to do what he did in the 2nd half.

Blackman lost tonight to Siegel 30-10. Very boring game to watch for the most part as Blackman held the ball for probably about 10 minutes of the 1st half trying to get Siegel to come out of the zone they were in. Blackman did not play well. Siegel is just too big. To compete with Siegel, Blackman has to shoot well from outside and we did not shoot well from anywhere. Blackman looked scared for a good part of the game. Quindell Cousins did play well after halftime as he seemed to be the only one that wanted to compete for Blackman. Blackman has to get better guard play out of Jefferson and Thompson, Smith has to shoot well and Peak has too rebound. Cousins needs to do what he did in the 2nd half.

Sorry, But I think you're blaming the players for a rotten game plan. This game was a example of why all other leagues have a shot clock. With this game plan your players don't get better and as you said for the fan "it's boring". If you want to point a finger in this game it should be at the head coach who made Blackman history. A 10 point game and one I'm sure his players will never forget. You can forget a 20 point loss as just a loss, but a 10 point game, NEVER.

Sorry, But I think you're blaming the players for a rotten game plan. This game was a example of why all other leagues have a shot clock. With this game plan your players don't get better and as you said for the fan "it's boring". If you want to point a finger in this game it should be at the head coach who made Blackman history. A 10 point game and one I'm sure his players will never forget. You can forget a 20 point loss as just a loss, but a 10 point game, NEVER.

Not blaming the players for the game plan, but the players do have to play with confidence when they play. Didn't see much confidence. You have to expect that good things are going to happen even if they don't.

Not blaming the players for the game plan, but the players do have to play with confidence when they play. Didn't see much confidence. You have to expect that good things are going to happen even if they don't.

as we were getting score updates we was like awe man they are stalling?...to ME its too much like playing scared...my twins play middle school ball at chrisitana and all i ask for out of them is to hustle because when u hustle you can make things happen and the stall game is totally opposite of that I hate it for the players that this game plan was chosen and hope that the lesson was learned

I agree with you, However trying to run out the clock when your team is down by 15 points is just dumb. The team was out scored 3 to 1. Do you think if they played again tonight they would use that game plan again? No shooter ever got hot by standing at half court with the ball on his hip. I think Blackman is loaded with talent. If there is one thing I've learn from watching Siegel is there are cases where it's better for the coach to sit down and let his players do what the fans came to see them do, THAT'S PLAY. :rolleyes:

Knows it's not my place to add a response, but when I saw the 11-2 halftime score, was really suprised. I thought Blackman would try to be more physical, up tempo and take care of the ball. I think that stalling just helped the Seigal's bigs stay in the game...rested. With Blackman stalling all you're really trying to do is spread the defense so you can get lay-ups...but it helps if you have the lead and can force the defense to adjust. I wonder if LaVergne will stall or try to run...will be nice to see that game and how they attack Seigal...I doubt they'll stall though and if they do...they'll probably have the lead to force their bigs out from under the basket...

as we were getting score updates we was like awe man they are stalling?...to ME its too much like playing scared...my twins play middle school ball at chrisitana and all i ask for out of them is to hustle because when u hustle you can make things happen and the stall game is totally opposite of that I hate it for the players that this game plan was chosen and hope that the lesson was learned

Kinda of like you guys getting scared of Lavergne during the 2nd half? Although I don't necesarily agree with the strategy, it is a strategy. Those who live in glass houses should be careful of casting stones.

I THOUGHT YOU SAID JEFFERSON WAS THE MOST STEADY PLAYER ON THE TEAM. (SEE ABOVE POST). NOW, YOU TOSS HIM UNDER THE BUS. SCARED? BLACKMAN DIDN'T LOOK SCARED AT ALL. LET'S NOT FORGET THAT SIEGEL ONLY SCORED 30 POINTS. 19 POINTS IN THE SECOND HALF. 19. THEY PLAYED GREAT DEFENSE. SIEGEL'S SIZE DID NOT MATTER. OAKLAND PROVED THAT. I THINK YOU HAVE OMITTED SOME GLARING FACTS BY DESIGN.

I THOUGHT YOU SAID JEFFERSON WAS THE MOST STEADY PLAYER ON THE TEAM. (SEE ABOVE POST). NOW, YOU TOSS HIM UNDER THE BUS. SCARED? BLACKMAN DIDN'T LOOK SCARED AT ALL. LET'S NOT FORGET THAT SIEGEL ONLY SCORED 30 POINTS. 19 POINTS IN THE SECOND HALF. 19. THEY PLAYED GREAT DEFENSE. SIEGEL'S SIZE DID NOT MATTER. OAKLAND PROVED THAT. I THINK YOU HAVE OMITTED SOME GLARING FACTS BY DESIGN.

Looking for a moral victory? Smyrna played them closer, losing by only 14. Stalling to keep the score down is pretty weak. Blackman has good talent and good size. It seems like Wortman could come up with a better plan than this.