Harriman @ Wartburg

Flatts

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wartburg won 71-57. I must say this was one of the worst reffed games that I have seen. The refs decided the tempo of the game, not the teams. At one point the foul count was Wartburg-10 Harriman-2 and that was in the first quarter with 3 minutes left. The third quarter was the same way. Harriman was in the double bonus the WHOLE game from the 3 minute mark in the first and about the 2 minute mark in the 3rd. Fountain fouled out with 5 minutes left in game, Shannon fouled out with 3 minutes left and Goodman in the final minute. The majority of the fouls called were ticky tack that on any other night wouldn't had been fouls. The refs did make the fouls "even" at the end of each half by calling fouls on Harriman that were iffy at best. So an overall poor reffed game all around. If Harriman hit at least 50% of their foul shots then the game would've been closer and probably a win for Harriman. Poor foul shooting for the whole team. But I must give Wartburg huge credit. Their bench stepped up huge in the 4th quarter with having to play without their big three in Fountain, Shannon, and Goodman (Goodman only played a total of 4 minutes in the first 3 quarters). The Wartburg reserves grew up in a big way last night and Harriman showed that, while they are a good team, a lack of foul shooting and jump shooting will cost them this season (I counted a total of maybe 4 true jump shots hit maybe a few more, the rest was just slashing to the basket.)

Wartburg won 71-57. I must say this was one of the worst reffed games that I have seen. The refs decided the tempo of the game, not the teams. At one point the foul count was Wartburg-10 Harriman-2 and that was in the first quarter with 3 minutes left. The third quarter was the same way. Harriman was in the double bonus the WHOLE game from the 3 minute mark in the first and about the 2 minute mark in the 3rd. Fountain fouled out with 5 minutes left in game, Shannon fouled out with 3 minutes left and Goodman in the final minute. The majority of the fouls called were ticky tack that on any other night wouldn't had been fouls. The refs did make the fouls "even" at the end of each half by calling fouls on Harriman that were iffy at best. So an overall poor reffed game all around. If Harriman hit at least 50% of their foul shots then the game would've been closer and probably a win for Harriman. Poor foul shooting for the whole team. But I must give Wartburg huge credit. Their bench stepped up huge in the 4th quarter with having to play without their big three in Fountain, Shannon, and Goodman (Goodman only played a total of 4 minutes in the first 3 quarters). The Wartburg reserves grew up in a big way last night and Harriman showed that, while they are a good team, a lack of foul shooting and jump shooting will cost them this season (I counted a total of maybe 4 true jump shots hit maybe a few more, the rest was just slashing to the basket.)

Went to this game expecting to see the two best teams in region 2,wartburg reserves did play well considering,if wartburg starters stay in game this one could have been alot uglier than it was!Harriman still has alot of tallented players just not putting on the court.

Went to this game expecting to see the two best teams in region 2,wartburg reserves did play well considering,if wartburg starters stay in game this one could have been alot uglier than it was!Harriman still has alot of tallented players just not putting on the court.

If Wartburgs starters played the whole game, then this one wouldn't had been even close. At one point Wartburg was up 17 and that was with 5 Sophomores on the floor for most of the third quarter. (One of those Sophomores was Fountain, but most of the damage was done by the other 4 because of Harriman worrying about Fountain.) But Wartburg never could get in a real groove because of the fouls. If they were allowed to play the way they usually do, then this game would have been a 25 point game easy.

On another note, the Shaquille Love boy doesn't impress me at all. He's slow, clumsy, and makes the real "Shaq" look like a Free Throw god. I thought Harriman was a better team without him on the court. All he does is take up space and doesn't do that very well. I did find him flopping when little Brandon Justes bumped him to be hilarious and pathetic at the same time though, lol.

The Wartburg boys are putting it all together. They are realizing that they have a lot of talent but they can't win on talent alone. They have to play as a team and when they do it will be hard to beat them. The Dawgs are very deep and the bench did play very well when the starters were in foul trouble. I would say the amount of players they can play is what gives them the advantage to be a top team this year. If the boys keep working hard they will be hard to stop. I can't wait!!! :popcorneater:

As you said, Wartburg's reserves not only kept them in the game but won the game. Third quarter was completely dominated by Harriman. If Gallahar completes the dunk of Fountain, that game completely shifts in Harriman's favor. There was a couple signs of selfish play from Wartburg at times, but they were able to avoid falling into that rut. Wartburg's reserves played better defense than the starters, if only they could have executed better on the offensive end. Wartburg was very impressive, not talent wise but depth wise. It actually played in Wartburg's favor for Goodman to be in foul trouble because he scored like 20 points in the fourth quarter because he had fresh legs. Overall you could take away two things from this game. 1. These two are the two most exciting teams in the Region and 2. This game will be completely different next time they play.

The lack of defense by the starters, might have something to do with the early foul trouble. It kept wartburg from playing the aggressive style they prefer. But I was a little disappointed in the drop off by harriman in the Fourth Quarter. Goodman was the only scoring threat on the floor for wartburg for most of the quarter because of Fountain and Shannon fouling out. If Harriman had any shot, it would have been then, when wartburg was down to only one of their stars.

This game was poorly reffed but i have not heard one harriman player complain about that and you say harriman didnt hit many jump shots 3 of there 4 best jump shooters are out of the moment and they will be back next game for sure! and in the 4th quarter when harriman tied the game the reffs absolutely killed harriman (again not makin excuses just statin facts) and the game was tied them you cant be callin them little bull crap calls in that point in the game if its a ligament foul then thats one thing.... but harriman will get back to work and will take care of tellico plains and rockwood and focus on the rest of thier schedule but when these two teams meet again harriman will be comin for them and i think will show them how they can play! it will be a different outcome!

This game was poorly reffed but i have not heard one harriman player complain about that and you say harriman didnt hit many jump shots 3 of there 4 best jump shooters are out of the moment and they will be back next game for sure! and in the 4th quarter when harriman tied the game the reffs absolutely killed harriman (again not makin excuses just statin facts) and the game was tied them you cant be callin them little bull crap calls in that point in the game if its a ligament foul then thats one thing.... but harriman will get back to work and will take care of tellico plains and rockwood and focus on the rest of thier schedule but when these two teams meet again harriman will be comin for them and i think will show them how they can play! it will be a different outcome!

i still think these are the 2 best teams in the region dont count out sunbright and oneida however but harriman needs to play better team ball and defense and wartburg needs to play better defense overall next game should be closer as it is at harriman but wartburg i think made a statement dont underestimate them at all they could make some noise if they continue playing good basketball and where do they get these refs at o-m-g lol