Tri-County Seven

coachh17

We have another week under our belts and some changes in the rankings:

1. Elizabethton-(5-0)- Nice win over Hampton by 31. Loss of Jones hurts depth. DeMoss developing nicely. Host East and Happy Valley this week.

2. Unicoi Co.-(6-0)- Nice win over Hampton by 7. Edwards and Thompson stepping up. Host Unaka and Cloudland.

3. Cloudland-(6-1)- Rolling merrily along. Big test at Unicoi Co. on Tuesday.

4. Hampton-(4-4)- Tough schedule is taking its toll and Lady Dogs are struggling. All four losses are to very good teams. Providence Academy should reboost their confidence.

5. Happy Valley-(2-2-?)-I am not sure if their record is right. Playing ok, but lost by 18 to Unicoi Co. Get their first shot at Betsy Friday.

6. Unaka-(3-5)- Still do not know if transfer Colbaugh is eligible. At Unicoi Co. this week.

7. Johnson Co.-(0-4-?)- I am not sure if all their game scores have been posted. It will be interesting to see if they keep improving or unravel as the losses pile up.

Edited by coachh17

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lady Cyclones had an offensive eruption tonight against Sullivan East. It was 23-3 with about two minutes remaining in the 1st quarter when Lady Cyclones Kristen Powell and Chelsea Bowling had a violent collision trapping an East player in the backcourt. Bowling's shoulder collided with Powell's teeth, resulting in a cut shoulder and some lost or cracked teeth. Powell did not return to the game. Bowling was on fire before the collision, hitting four straight three balls, but I do not think she hit another the rest of the game. It was 58-17 at halftime and the Lady Cyclone backups played most of the second half. The final was 83-37. Cara Bowling, Chelsea Bowling, and Erin Kiser had very good shooting games. Sophomores Savannah Madgett and Reazyn DeMoss also had nice scoring games in the paint. Go Cyclones!!!!!!

Edited by coachh17

The Lady Cyclones had an offensive eruption tonight against Sullivan East. It was 23-3 with about two minutes remaining in the 1st quarter when Lady Cyclones Kristen Powell and Chelsea Bowling had a violent collision trapping an East player in the backcourt. Bowling's shoulder collided with Powell's teeth, resulting in a cut shoulder and some lost or cracked teeth. Powell did not return to the game. Bowling was on fire before the collision, hitting four straight three balls, but I do not think she hit another the rest of the game. It was 58-17 at halftime and the Lady Cyclone backups played most of the second half. The final was 83-37. Cara Bowling, Chelsea Bowling, and Erin Kiser had very good shooting games. Sophomores Savannah Madgett and Reazyn DeMoss also had nice scoring games in the paint. Go Cyclones!!!!!!

Hum! Ahead that much and still pressing. Says it all JUST WIN BABY

Injuries occuring. Look out area schools recruiting about to begin

Hate to hear about Casey, she is a sweet girl, my daughter spent time with her at basketball camps over the summer and really likes her.

Hope Kristen didn't have too much dental damage. I remember well the collision Brooke Johnson had with the wall at Unaka a few years ago.

We would just like to play a game this week, against anybody. I'm not sure you guys in the flatlands understand we have 12+ inches of snow in Roan Mountain.

The Highlander

Hum! Ahead that much and still pressing. Says it all JUST WIN BABY

Injuries occuring. Look out area schools recruiting about to begin

It was the 1st quarter for crying out loud! No need for recruiting, kids want to be part of a winner. As usual, no substantive inputs from you on any subject. All I hear from you is "Wah, wah, wah..."

Hate to hear about Casey, she is a sweet girl, my daughter spent time with her at basketball camps over the summer and really likes her.

Hope Kristen didn't have too much dental damage. I remember well the collision Brooke Johnson had with the wall at Unaka a few years ago.

We would just like to play a game this week, against anybody. I'm not sure you guys in the flatlands understand we have 12+ inches of snow in Roan Mountain.

The Highlander

First, let me say I hate to see any kid from any team get injured. Most kids work hard and have a lot invested, so season-ending injuries are difficult. I worry about that with my daughters all the time. You're right, Casey is a sweetheart. She has worked extremely hard to be in a position to be a significant contributor this year. Losing her certainly hurts the Lady Cyclones. I too hope Kristen is okay. It's unfortunate, but injuries are a part of sports life.

Yeah, I realize the weather in RM is somewhat different from what we flatlanders experience. Hope you get to play this week too. Big breaks between games can create issues.

Edited by etownsparky

Well, we will be playing at home Thursday night, games beginning at 3:30. That's the good news. On the other hand, it is Johnson County, a team we've already played, so while its good to play, it isn't as nice as playing someone different. Then on Friday, we play at Avery County, NC. Avery is a very good team. They match up well with us, and it is a huge rivalry, just like Hampton.

And, we are playing in NC, which is like playing in Greene County, you know the "rules" are just a little different in both places. And they will make them up as they go on occasion.

We beat them handily in Roan Mountain, frankly in part by doing what doodlebug is griping about with Dugger. We jumped on them hard very early and never let up. Pressure defense creates turnovers, turnovers creates points.

The Highlander

Edited by The Highlander

Elizabethton beat Happy Valley 91-36 tonight. Ten Lady Cyclones scored in the contest. They were raining threes and shot a very high percentage from the field and from beyond the arc. As always, the pressure defense forced a bucket full of Warrior turnovers. Greeneville will be a test for Elizabethton next week. Go Cyclones!!!!!!!!!

It was the 1st quarter for crying out loud! No need for recruiting, kids want to be part of a winner. As usual, no substantive inputs from you on any subject. All I hear from you is "Wah, wah, wah..."

I see a rapid influx of home schooled girls registering in the Eliz. school district. Look area schoolsthe draft is under way.

I know a lot of what goes on over there by talking to the kids that play summer ball there. Casual remarks about how nice it would be if we could keep our summer or middle school team together through high school.Get a keasr 2 kids a year that way.

But last laugh will be on ole Betsy this year wait and see