D1 AAA Pre District

PHargis

What are these numbers supposed to be? They're certainly not up to date records. DB has played more than 2 games. They aren't nonconference records as Tennessee High was 3-3 out of conference (now 4-3) at the time of this post. And if it was supposed to show what teams did before conference play started, Science Hill didn't lose a game until they played Tennessee High. So what is the point?

Many teams do not keep updated schedules, scores, or records on coacht. I wish they would; it makes it easier to keep up with all the teams. District 1 AAA is going to be a three horse race between Tennessee High, Science Hill, and Dobyns-Bennett. Nobody else has a chance to win it. I still like Science Hill to win it, but they have already lost to Tennessee High. We will not know how good Kingsport is until they play one of the other two.

Many teams do not keep updated schedules, scores, or records on coacht. I wish they would; it makes it easier to keep up with all the teams. District 1 AAA is going to be a three horse race between Tennessee High, Science Hill, and Dobyns-Bennett. Nobody else has a chance to win it. I still like Science Hill to win it, but they have already lost to Tennessee High. We will not know how good Kingsport is until they play one of the other two.

coach, I got my information on Districts from as many major newspapers as I could find throughout the State. If you have one which has up to Date District 1 records at this point, I would appreciate you posting that news organization here so the state might have it. Many news organizations have systems that havea somewhat up to date records but you can tell its not up to date. Coacht has tried to get the info and with his connections in Football, it along with fans works. Districts 1,2, 3, and 4 in aqll classifications seem to be a problem. But its really not a problem. most of the rest of the state might be able to share.

Of Course some great information on the home page, Team Standings. Even can find undefeated teams at this point, Maybe can find teams with the best records and can find the best teams with the best District records or even the worst. Maybe even find standings that are not even being posted on the scoreboards. I would guess its either all there or its not all there for those who want to see it or do not want to see it. And yes what about D2 schools. They can be found somewhere, but have to be posted.

The Johnson City Press does a very good job of keeping accurate standings in District 1. You can e-mail sportswriter Doug Fritz at dfritz@johnsoncitypress.com for the latest information. Here are the standings from Saturday's paper:

AAA

Team Conference Record Overall Record

Dobyns-Bennett 3-0 7-0

Tennessee High 2-0 5-3

Science Hill 2-1 6-2

Daniel Boone 1-2 2-4

Sullivan South 1-2 3-5

Sullivan Central 0-2 2-6

Volunteer 0-1 1-4

David Crockett 0-1 1-6

AA

Elizabethton 2-0 7-0

Unicoi Co. 2-0 7-0

Sullivan North 1-1 1-4

Sullivan East 1-1 1-6

Happy Valley 0-2 4-3

Johnson County 0-2 0-7

A

North Greene 1-0 7-1

Cloudland 0-0 7-2

Hampton 0-0 4-4

Unaka 0-0 3-5

University High 0-1 3-4

Tennessee High, Science Hill, and perhaps Dobyns-Bennett have a chance to make deep post season runs in AAA. Elizabethton and Unicoi Co. have very good teams and it would not surprise me to see either of them reach the substate or state level in AA. North Greene, Hampton, and Cloudland all have legitimate shots to reach Meurfreesboro in A.

Edited by coachh17