OS DEFENSE

Guest OSGuacomole

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no it depends one containment... you Sweetwater probably won't be able to move the ball all night but the possibility of breaking a run off is high becasue of the great speed sweetwater has and lack thereof of OS. I think it could be 35-10 or as close as 21-14 but I doubt OS will win it especially since it's at sweetwater. And that's not because of homefield advantage because I don't think that that comes in effect in 2A football but because just like last year we will probably have touchdown passes called back and so forth to keep sweetwater up. Not blaming the lose of the refs, sweetwater was better but you all did have a lot of homecooking.

Posted by OSHSman:

Fanman,

OS doesn't need to move up to 3A anytime soon. You guys have an enrollment of about 620 if the TSSAA site is right, that's about as close to a 3A enrollment as a 2A school can get. OS's enrollment is around 490 this time around, you can clearly see the difference.

Also, you guys moved up to get away from Goodpasture and Lipscom (although you got Trousdale Co. and Portland in return). If we moved up we be in the 2nd or 1st toughest region in 3A (I think you guys region may be tougher) w/ games against Austin-East, Anderson Co., Fulton, Kingston, Loudon, and Lenoir City (who has a good team every now and then). We'd compete every 5 years or so, but not every year like we do in 2A.

Thanks for the thoughts, though!!

Your logic about enrollment is not totally logical. Trousdale has an enrollment of 360. Leaving the privates was a factor, but even more of a factor was travel. Most of our region games are very close.

Like I said it's a game of containment with lots of speed a team can score on the OS defense. I mean Smith CO scored 21 and Sweetwater has more offensive weapons. I think Smith Co is probably better all around. But from what I hear and have seen Sweetwater has a better offense and 35 is only 2 more touchdowns. But I made an error I meant it could be as close as 12-10.

Posted by JOE01:

but I doubt OS will win it especially since it's at sweetwater. And that's not because of homefield advantage because I don't think that that comes in effect in 2A football but because just like last year we will probably have touchdown passes called back and so forth to keep sweetwater up.

Why does TSSAA allow this? So simple to control...zero tolerance on the refs would do it. I understand that TSSAA called Coach Johnson after the Sweetwater game last year and apologized for a legitimate game winning TD being called back. I would have preferred them to fire the ref and take steps to ensure it doesn't happen again.

[Edited by cwp76 on 10-8-02 9:55A]

Guest ospringseternal
Posted by CIZZLE:

how do u think their d will hold up against sweetwaters potent O ?

sweetwaters so called "potent" o. is only potent against cake defenses. i doubt they can score 10 against us. I'm telling you, you haven't faced a defense like this one yet-but it's coming.

Posted by ospringseternal:
Posted by CIZZLE:

how do u think their d will hold up against sweetwaters potent O ?

sweetwaters so called "potent" o. is only potent against cake defenses. i doubt they can score 10 against us. I'm telling you, you haven't faced a defense like this one yet-but it's coming.

It will be an exciting game, our you a player? If so you better worry about this weeks game! This will be a great game, no doubt, and yes it's coming, and you will be very surprised! ;):D:D:D:D:D:D;) --

Posted by JOE01:

Like I said it's a game of containment with lots of speed a team can score on the OS defense. I mean Smith CO scored 21 and Sweetwater has more offensive weapons. I think Smith Co is probably better all around. But from what I hear and have seen Sweetwater has a better offense and 35 is only 2 more touchdowns. But I made an error I meant it could be as close as 12-10.

NOT TO TAKE AWAY FROM SMITH CO. BUT THE REASON THEY SCORED 21 POINTS ON OUR D WAS BECAUSE OUR BACKSIDE WAS MOVING TO THE BALL TO FAST AND NOT STAYING AT HOME . THEY SAW THAT SO THEY SET UP A TRAP LIKE PLAY AND THEN CUT BACK. THATS THE ONLY REASON. IF YOU THINK YOULL SCORE 35 POINTS ON OUR D THEN YOU BETTER BRING UT'S OFF. LINE