12AA New year New Season

Slider

Hey Willie, just wondering how the young men who signed from S.H. last year are doing in college. I saw that Broshu went 3 for 4 in a game for Columbia State and I figured you might know about some of the others. It was a really good class and i was just wondering cause i thought they would all do well at the next level. Thanks. I just don't have any connections or even know where some of them went.

Brochu and Bigler are both at Columbia State. Brochu made an impact for sure in his first college game. I'm not sure how Bigler done that weekend but I know he will make an impact soon. He is too good of a player not to.

Walton is at Walters State. I'm not sure how is doing. It has been a while since I spoke to him.

Therriault and Howard are at Martin Methodist. I know Therriault is traveling with the team this year and they are trying to change him from a 1B to a 2B. I'm not really sure about Howard but I don't believe he is traveling.

I need to contact all these guys and catch up since it has been a while. When I know more I will update.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Heath Petty (a Jr. PO from last year) be a starter in the outfield. SS will be taken over by SH's last year Sophomore 2nd baseman, Dathan Prewett. He is a D1 prospect definitely. I also think with the hitting that Luke Bigler put on as a Sophomore will allow him to jump on in the field with some of the older fielder's gone. I saw him playing 2nd this summer. Is that where he will be this season?

Petty started some games last year in the OF and should do so this season. L. Bigler was the DH last year and should play 2B now that Prewett will slide over to SS. L. Bigler could also play 3B at times when Schubert is on the mound. I failed to mention L. Bigler in my earlier post but he will be a big part to SH's success this year. He done a good job last season so it should carry over.

Brochu and Bigler are both at Columbia State. Brochu made an impact for sure in his first college game. I'm not sure how Bigler done that weekend but I know he will make an impact soon. He is too good of a player not to.

Walton is at Walters State. I'm not sure how is doing. It has been a while since I spoke to him.

Therriault and Howard are at Martin Methodist. I know Therriault is traveling with the team this year and they are trying to change him from a 1B to a 2B. I'm not really sure about Howard but I don't believe he is traveling.

I need to contact all these guys and catch up since it has been a while. When I know more I will update.

Thanks for the info. Wish all of them well !

Went and seen Spring Hill play at Columbia Academy last night. They looked good for the first preseason game of the year. Teal started on the mound and looked sharp! Did'nt see their other top pitcher. Their other young arms looked very good. The bats started out slow but picked up as the game went on. Bigler had a couple big bombs, one was caught and the other a 2b. Schubert hit two bombs also one was caught and the other off the fence for a 2b. The real test will be today when they play powerhouse Columbia Central. Basketball season is over for SH so they will have two important players back.

Went and seen Spring Hill play at Columbia Academy last night. They looked good for the first preseason game of the year. Teal started on the mound and looked sharp! Did'nt see their other top pitcher. Their other young arms looked very good. The bats started out slow but picked up as the game went on. Bigler had a couple big bombs, one was caught and the other a 2b. Schubert hit two bombs also one was caught and the other off the fence for a 2b. The real test will be today when they play powerhouse Columbia Central. Basketball season is over for SH so they will have two important players back.

How did Spring Hill look against Central? And do you know of any other teams scrimmages?

David Horne of Central( UT signie) shut them down the first 3 innings and they never looked back winning 7-1. SH pitching looked good just had a lot of walks toward the end of the game. Central is a very good aaa team and should do well this season. Lots of pitching!!!!! SH plays in Mount Pleasant tonight and should be a good game. Blackman on thurs.

Edited by 40n81

I see Heath Petty (a Jr. PO from last year) be a starter in the outfield. SS will be taken over by SH's last year Sophomore 2nd baseman, Dathan Prewett. He is a D1 prospect definitely. I also think with the hitting that Luke Bigler put on as a Sophomore will allow him to jump on in the field with some of the older fielder's gone. I saw him playing 2nd this summer. Is that where he will be this season?

spring hill lost alot of players for sure but has plenty of guys to replace them in the field on the mound and at the plate. this team has done a tremendous job bringing new guys into big roles and their coach will have them ready to go far in another year.

SH sweeps Eagleville on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Tuesday 11-1 WP - Teal

Wednesday 10-2 WP - Schubert

Schubert threw the ball very well Wednesday night especially after the 2nd or 3rd inning. He looked like as the game went on he got more loose and had a lot of zip on the ball. I would say he was throwing 87-88 or maybe more. SH definatly has some good players left on this roster. Darren P. who is just a freshman is doing a great job in CF and looked good at the plate last night with a 3B & 2B.

I heard Teal threw great on Tuesday night but didn't get to see it for myself.

Tech14 hit the nail on the head by saying the coach has them ready and bringing new guys into the big roles. SH should have another outstanding year. It's going to be fun to watch.

As far as I know, the first district games for everybody start this Monday 3-21. Marshall Co. plays Lewis Co. there. Who does everybody else start with? Good luck. and remember enjoy every moment and let the young men enjoy the best times of their lives. FREE OF DRAMA. It will be gone before you can blink, so don't sweat the small stuff, just let em PLAY BALL ! Good luck too every young man who is blessed to still compete.

Edited by HOOKEM

As far as I know, the first district games for everybody start this Monday 3-21. Marshall Co. plays Lewis Co. there. Who does everybody else start with? Good luck. and remember enjoy every moment and let the young men enjoy the best times of their lives. FREE OF DRAMA. It will be gone before you can blink, so don't sweat the small stuff, just let em PLAY BALL ! Good luck too every young man who is blessed to still compete.

Hickman and East Hickman started Thursday and Friday. Thursday with Gossett on the mound for East, Hickman won 4 to 3 with B Owens getting the win. On Tuesday at Hickman Milam was on the mound for East. Hickman won 6 to 0 with Johnson getting the win.