5x State Medalists D-I ?

bbb

Have there been any 5x state medalists in D-I ... ???

*Tim Voiles (Lk Vly) was a 5x state qualifier but did not medal all 5 years

*Philip Simpson was a 5x qualifier and 4x champ ... (D-I qualifier as an 8th grader when it was one tourney in 1997 ... was in same weight in '97 with first girl Andi Jones, Casey Brewster, Erik Floyd, Matt McCarty etc

*Jeremy Miller would have done it in Tenn., if he had stayed at Greenback ..

In D-II, Alex Manley and T.J. Duncan will be 5x'ers this year and Zach Watson next year ...

Jordan Leen (Bay) 3-1-1-1-1 Philip Simpson (MBA) 0-1-1-1-1 .. Lee Connell (McC) 4-2-2-1-1

Trey Stavrum (Bay) 4-6-6-3-2 and maybe others

b.b.b.

Did Philip Simpson not weigh around 85# in the 8th grade when he tried to wrestle 103#?

yes ... won one and lost one that year and never lost again to a Tenn. wrestler ...

what a great 103 weight class in '97 with a handful of future state champs ... McCarthy finished 6th and was a 9th grader .. Casey Brewster won it.

b.b.b.

Have there been any 5x state medalists in D-I ... ???

*Tim Voiles (Lk Vly) was a 5x state qualifier but did not medal all 5 years

*Philip Simpson was a 5x qualifier and 4x champ ... (D-I qualifier as an 8th grader when it was one tourney in 1997 ... was in same weight in '97 with first girl Andi Jones, Casey Brewster, Erik Floyd, Matt McCarty etc

*Jeremy Miller would have done it in Tenn., if he had stayed at Greenback ..

In D-II, Alex Manley and T.J. Duncan will be 5x'ers this year and Zach Watson next year ...

Jordan Leen (Bay) 3-1-1-1-1 Philip Simpson (MBA) 0-1-1-1-1 .. Lee Connell (McC) 4-2-2-1-1

Trey Stavrum (Bay) 4-6-6-3-2 and maybe others

b.b.b.

which year did miller not place? :shock:

THERE ARE ONLY A FEW SCHOOLS WHERE THAT IS EVEN POSSIBLE IN DI. FOR THE 8TH GRADERS TO BE ABLE TO WRESTLE ON THE HIGH SCHOOL TEAM, THE 8TH GRADE MUST BE UNDER THE SAME ADMINISTRATION. I ONLY KNOW OF 2 SCHOOLS THAT ARE SET-UP THAT WAY; GREENBACK IS K-12 AND SCIENCE HILL IS 8-12. MOST ALL OF THE OTHER HIGH SCHOOLS ARE EITHER 9-12 AND SOME MAY STILL BE 10-12 (THE OLD JUNIOR HIGH CONCEPT).

THE ANIMAL

THERE ARE ONLY A FEW SCHOOLS WHERE THAT IS EVEN POSSIBLE IN DI. FOR THE 8TH GRADERS TO BE ABLE TO WRESTLE ON THE HIGH SCHOOL TEAM, THE 8TH GRADE MUST BE UNDER THE SAME ADMINISTRATION. I ONLY KNOW OF 2 SCHOOLS THAT ARE SET-UP THAT WAY; GREENBACK IS K-12 AND SCIENCE HILL IS 8-12. MOST ALL OF THE OTHER HIGH SCHOOLS ARE EITHER 9-12 AND SOME MAY STILL BE 10-12 (THE OLD JUNIOR HIGH CONCEPT).

THE ANIMAL

Chattannoga Christian. Lookout Valley, Boyd Buchanan might fit in the K-12 format with 8th graders eligible.

Lk Vly might be 6-12 .. Tim Voiles was SQ as an 8th grader in 1992

b.b.b.

MLK is a 7-12 academic magnet. Though they have a middleschool team so it's rare for an 8th grader to wrestle regionals. They'd have to not make the city tourney to be eligible to compete for the highschool team which would make it unlikely they'd turn around and qualify or place in state, but it is a possibility technically.

MLK is a 7-12 academic magnet. Though they have a middleschool team so it's rare for an 8th grader to wrestle regionals. They'd have to not make the city tourney to be eligible to compete for the highschool team which would make it unlikely they'd turn around and qualify or place in state, but it is a possibility technically.

6th & 7th graders are not eligible for TSSAA varsity competition

b.b.b.