Father Ryan

memphiswrestling171

Why don't u think cbhs will bring everybody I'm pretty sure cbhs wants to prove that they are the best this year and take the father Ryan tourney just cause they just got back from Hawaii def doesn't mean they're gonna slack off

CBHS DID did not bring all of their starters and almost won the tourmanet. CBHS is loaded this year and deserve all the compliments they get. As I said earlier, they would not, and did not, bring all of their starters. They did not win the tournament. If they had they had all of their starters, they probably would have won the tournament. They did not slack off. I gues I win on this..

Edited by facenthecrowd

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some observations:

103 lbs CBHS looked strong and looked like a man wrestling boys. CBHS pinned FRHS. I cannot remember the CBHS wrestlers name.

112 lbs MBA (Casey) finally got to a weight class he could handle and did well. Not sure about the seeding in the rest of the tournament. MBA pinned FRHS (McNally). FRHS beat a couple of seeded wrestlers.

119 lbs Shocking at the results other than Bates from Mt. Juliet looks like a man wrestling boys. Tough weight class. Mt. Juliet 10-0 over BGA. (Bates over Olson from BGA).

125 lbs Franklin wrestler looked solid among the field. Franklin won over Auburn High School. Sims from Auburn is not at Auburn University. Bennett from Franklin with a victory.

130 lbs Best weight class in the tournament. When Carlos Calloway from Brentwood Academy is seeded in the top half of the bracket, it ought to tell you how tough the weight class is. Woods from Franklin and Moseley from Ryan wrestled in the finals and it was a classic, until the 152 weight class.

135 lbs Don't remember much about this weight class but I can assure you it was good. Oh, I was just reminded, it was Signal Mountain that won this match with a pin, I believe. Congratulations to Signal Mountain for, I believe, their 1st champion at this tournament. Coach Lennon is going to do great things at this school.

140 lbs Hamilton from Brentwood pinned Zeno from Bentwood Academy and looked strong. The match was not close. Hamiliton looked good throughout the tournament.

145 lbs FRHS wins with a pin to help Ryan win the tournament. Pulled the kid back on the mat in the finals to pin him. Marchetti wrestled welled.

152 lbs Classic match betwen 2 great kids who have known each other since they were little. Agnew scored a takedown with 13 sceconds left to win the match. Typical of all of their earlier matches. Bennett from Franklin wrestled well. Great tournament for him.

160 lbs I believe Shrader from Franklin pinned. He is a beast.

171 lbs I believe CBHS pinned Roberts from Beech. Don't know much about this weight class.

189 lbs FRHS beat Mt. Juliet in the finals. Believe it was T.J. Holmes from Ryan vs. a beast from Mt. Juliet. Have not seen anyboby that big since the Heavyweight from Mt. Juliet last year only wrestling 189 lbs. Is this the same kid? Just kidding; however, will tell you this wrestler is HUGE!

215 lbs Brentwood Academy won. Do not remember this weight class.

HWT Briarcrest over CBHS. May have been the worst match of the tournament. Both men only pushed each other for 6 minutes. No action until Briarcrest got a takedown with about 30 seconds left in the match to win.

Great tournamnet with a lot of great wrestling.

Question: Where does Mt. Juliet get these big kids for their weight class? These wrestlers looked HUGE! Coach Mattingly, can you give us your secret? Also, congrats to Coach Lennon for a great showing from Signal Mountain. Great job of bringing your team to a quality tournament to have them tested and having success.

Missed all of the CBHS starters and McCallie; however, still a quality touranment overall.

Congrat's to all who attended.

Edited by facenthecrowd

Some observations:

119 lbs Shocking at the results other than Bates from Mt. Juliet looks like a man wrestling boys. Tough weight class. Mt. Juliet 10-0 over BGA. (Bates over Olson from BGA).

Congrat's to all who attended.

Congrats to young Mr. Bates. He didn't give up a

single point last weekend !

Mt. Juliet, no response? I thought somebody out there would have given away your secrets. It seems every year your team has 3 - 5 wrestlers who look like they were cut out of granite. What is your secret? I promise not to tell. Coach Mattingly, what are you doing with these boys? You make us look like we are on the starvation diet that is popular at Miami Beach.

Seriously, Coach Mattingly does a great job with his program and he continues to come every year. FRHS always looks forward to seeing you and your team. Mt. Juliet could make some noise at the state with these 3 wrestlers and a little help from some of the other wrestlers.

BCB, the imigration officials are on an All Points Bulletins looking for you here in Nashville. Good thing you did not show up this weekend. The tournament was less exciting without your presence and your beads. Word on the steet is that they have sent this information to Signal Mountain and Chattanooga so PLEASE BE AWARE! Also, a new crop of mothers and they look great so you might want to make a visit when nobody is expecting it, you might be pleased!

Question: Why do wrestling mothers look so good?

Father Ryan won but how did the other teams finsih? top 10?

Found this on the Ryan website. Here are the top ten:

1. Father Ryan - 228

2. Christian Brothers - 220

3. MBA - 186.50

4. Franklin - 160

5. Mt. Juliet - 140.50

6. Brentwood Academy - 125

7. Benjamin Russell - 110.50

8. Dickson County - 108.50

9. Signal Mountain - 94

10. Hendersonville - 93