Jefferson County FB 2011

dvp4life

Thanks and will do. Yes this area needs help. IMAC 0-8 in first round of playoffs over the past 2 years.

WOW... I did not know that. Hopefully things can get back to being more competitive. I have heard that there may be a chance that JeffCO could break up into 2 schools? If that happens that could go either way as far a being competitive. I am not sure that would be a good move and hope that does not happen.. Thanks for the info.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW... I did not know that. Hopefully things can get back to being more competitive. I have heard that there may be a chance that JeffCO could break up into 2 schools? If that happens that could go either way as far a being competitive. I am not sure that would be a good move and hope that does not happen.. Thanks for the info.

For now I think this is a dead deal. They have killed the 2 high school idea. too expensive. going to work on the old one. Probably bad for the kids but may benefit the athletic program?? Rumors was they was going to have 1 county field like East and M west and turf it this year. I think this has also been killed due to money. See the trend here. Money Money or the lack of!

For now I think this is a dead deal. They have killed the 2 high school idea. too expensive. going to work on the old one. Probably bad for the kids but may benefit the athletic program?? Rumors was they was going to have 1 county field like East and M west and turf it this year. I think this has also been killed due to money. See the trend here. Money Money or the lack of!

AH the same issues that linger in most systems across the state right now. It seems businesses around high schools would step up and help out to create a better situation for the kids. Most businesses probably have some students work there..

AH the same issues that linger in most systems across the state right now. It seems businesses around high schools would step up and help out to create a better situation for the kids. Most businesses probably have some students work there..

This has been a problem for years. Sadly, it comes from not having a stud program that goes 9-1, 8-2 or 7-3 year end and year out. Businesses do not want to let go of big cash to a program that does not put up good winning seasons. The biggest fund raiser is Meet The Patriots (MTP) and it is hard to get parents to help for an hour with just concessions let alone get business to give cash to an "average" at best program. People/Businesses want to be associated Winning and going 2 or 3 rounds into the playoffs. That way their name gets exposure for the $'s they give/donate to the program.

Our schedule "should" help with winning. The new coach needs to make his first hire a Strength/Conditioning Coach. That coach needs to understand how to max out the players and put a plan in place to get their benches/squats/dead lifts, ect. in the range that will help us dominate. The players have to COMMIT to that plan and be held accountable for that work. Goals set and players pushing each other to be their best. The players have to eat right, get into gym, lift. We should have 2 or 3 weightlifting meets with other area/IMAC schools to encourage players to workout. Nothing inspires work/development than healthy competition. I did like the "SUPER"/"RED"/"WHITE"/"BLUE" Patriot individual scoring system that I was told about last during last summers workouts. That was a good first step, but fell off the map once we got into two-a-days.

Cowbell, More Cowbell

I am not sure of how good the team at JeffCo could be but from what I have read they have a chance to be good but not alot of athletes. I keep hearing the name of Coach Case from West Greene. He would be a great fit if you look at what he has done at WGHS. He did not have much to work with there and very limited to nothing with assistant coaches and has gone to the playoffs the last 2 or 3 years. Will be interesting to see what JeffCo does.

The three names I have just today are Joe Case, Spencer Riley and Lamar Brown.

The reason, from what I was told is they MAY want someone with JCHS ties. Is JCHS ties always important or should the powers that be look outside the PATRIOT circle. After all wasn't coach Kisabeth from the outside at the time he was hired in 1982 ?

My understanding is that the reason Lamar Brown's name came up is because he and AD Rogers worked together

at Morristown West. Are and can these be the right hires or not ?

The reason, from what I was told is they MAY want someone with JCHS ties. Is JCHS ties always important or should the powers that be look outside the PATRIOT circle. After all wasn't coach Kisabeth from the outside at the time he was hired in 1982 ?

My understanding is that the reason Lamar Brown's name came up is because he and AD Rogers worked together

Kisabeth did come from cocke county. I feel that JC ties are only important if all else is equal. If not, hire the best coach. I think this showed when they went outside to get a baseball coach. I just hope they get someone who can sell/energize the program. PAY THE MONEY AND GET THE COACH. THE 3000 EXTRA FANS IN THE STANDS WILL PAY THIER SALARY.

Kisabeth did come from cocke county. I feel that JC ties are only important if all else is equal. If not, hire the best coach. I think this showed when they went outside to get a baseball coach. I just hope they get someone who can sell/energize the program. PAY THE MONEY AND GET THE COACH. THE 3000 EXTRA FANS IN THE STANDS WILL PAY THIER SALARY.

The PAY part is what worries me !!

what has the County Commision done for our kids???? OH yeah they closed the county pool !! As long as someone(architects/planners/portable leasors) continue to make money BY NOT building,we will continue this downward spiral.Millions spent, yet not a shovel of dirt turned over!!!Please lets hope that the States attny will come and investigate and inprison these thieves!!!

I am not familiar with Lamar Brown. I do know what Joe Case has done and would seem to be the front runner. I have spoken to Spencer Riley and he said that he would not be interested, I'm not saying that something couldn't change but probably wouldn't.

I am not familiar with Lamar Brown. I do know what Joe Case has done and would seem to be the front runner. I have spoken to Spencer Riley and he said that he would not be interested, I'm not saying that something couldn't change but probably wouldn't.

Lamar Brown is a former player at JCHS, I believe from the mid eighties, and is now the head coach at

Morristown-West. If Spencer is not interested that is fine.

AD an HC are no longer in these positions> iguess the long process of applications and interviews has begun.WAIT we do have a NEW AD !!! man that was fast!!! best man got the job? or best friend ? Another example of JC cronyism!!!!!!! Prospective Head Coaches be aware .

So who is the new A.D.? Why is this a prospective problem?