watertown and the whacked out gym seating

ALABAMAMAN

Well if any of you made it to the FCS VS Watertown game.You experienced the craziest seating the other night.Who thought up the STUPID idea to move the score table over to the visitors side the gym.THE GYM is small to begin with and it really has no room the way they had it set up.You could not even inbounds the ball at the right spot because the score table was in the way .Who is so STUPID to do something like this.Come on you guys never fill your side of the gym you dont need that much room.If your crowds are growing that fast build a new gym with the table on the visitors side.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if any of you made it to the FCS VS Watertown game.You experienced the craziest seating the other night.Who thought up the STUPID idea to move the score table over to the visitors side the gym.THE GYM is small to begin with and it really has no room the way they had it set up.You could not even inbounds the ball at the right spot because the score table was in the way .Who is so STUPID to do something like this.Come on you guys never fill your side of the gym you dont need that much room.If your crowds are growing that fast build a new gym with the table on the visitors side.

Plus Watertown's bench is right in front of visitors fan section?? Maybe they like that? HaHa

how in the world does Watertown get to host region, too small and too far away for some 8a teams and all of 7a teams. Years ago JC hosted district and region and had plenty of room and centrally located for most of teams. Some coaches (and I don't blame them) didn't want to play on someone's home floor so they moved it to LA every other year which is ok, but then 7a travels to Watertown also a home floor in 8a and dosen't even have room to park or sit. Then 7a traveled to 8a three years in a row and don't know why. Either rotate each school in both districts that qualify to host district and region or play all tournament games on neutral floors.

Well as far as where the district tournament is played goes is up to the other coaches in the district. I personally think the district tournament should be held at a neutral court for everyone. When RBS was in 7a I enjoyed the tournament when it was held in Upperman. It's impossible to pick a place where it's the same travel time and distance for every team. I believe Upperman was the safest place for every team to travel. For the most part I believe the trip is straight highway or interstate to it and it wasn't a bad road to travel. As for the region goes I believe it should alternate every year as to which district gets to decide where it's played. For example, this year the coaches in 7a would get to decide where the region tournament is played at, and then next year the coaches in 8a would get to decide. Having the region and district tournament at Watertown doesn't really effect any team as far as home court advantage goes because rarely Watertown is a threat to win either tournament, but i'm sure all the other coaches and fans would prefer to have it elsewhere. But it's up to the coaches and there is nothing us fans can do about it, so if we want to see the game bad enough we'll go no matter where it's held. If you don't like the gym well enough to sit in it then it's an easy fix...just don't go to the game! :thumb:

Edited by swanson71

Well as far as where the district tournament is played goes is up to the other coaches in the district. I personally think the district tournament should be held at a neutral court for everyone. When RBS was in 7a I enjoyed the tournament when it was held in Upperman. It's impossible to pick a place where it's the same travel time and distance for every team. I believe Upperman was the safest place for every team to travel. For the most part I believe the trip is straight highway or interstate to it and it wasn't a bad road to travel. As for the region goes I believe it should alternate every year as to which district gets to decide where it's played. For example, this year the coaches in 7a would get to decide where the region tournament is played at, and then next year the coaches in 8a would get to decide. Having the region and district tournament at Watertown doesn't really effect any team as far as home court advantage goes because rarely Watertown is a threat to win either tournament, but i'm sure all the other coaches and fans would prefer to have it elsewhere. But it's up to the coaches and there is nothing us fans can do about it, so if we want to see the game bad enough we'll go no matter where it's held. If you don't like the gym well enough to sit in it then it's an easy fix...just don't go to the game! :thumb:

Swaney what your saying is somewhat true but a gym where you play your district and then play your region is an advantage and we went to watertown three years in a row and it is not big enough to meet TSSAA capacity standard and Clarkrange had to move their sub state game because of this. but I'll be there whereever they go.

Swaney what your saying is somewhat true but a gym where you play your district and then play your region is an advantage and we went to watertown three years in a row and it is not big enough to meet TSSAA capacity standard and Clarkrange had to move their sub state game because of this. but I'll be there whereever they go.

I agree that the tournament should be held elsewhere and I personally wish it would all be held at Upperman. It's a big enoug gym with a great atmosphere and as I said it's mostly straight highway and interstate for most of the schools to get there!

I agree that the tournament should be held elsewhere and I personally wish it would all be held at Upperman. It's a big enoug gym with a great atmosphere and as I said it's mostly straight highway and interstate for most of the schools to get there!

If you think it wasnt big enough before wait till you go there now with this stupid way it is set up now.But like you say i want to be there and will be there i just dont like the score table on the visitor side just wait till you get there it is dangerous to wait and see .

Edited by ALABAMAMAN

If you think it wasnt big enough before wait till you go there now with this stupid way it is set up now.But like you say i want to be there and will be there i just dont like the score table on the visitor side just wait till you get there it is dangerous to wait and see .

the gym seats right at 1500 around 1450 if that will make you cry babies chill out. thats more than fcs and rbs. but who cares play ball!!!!! the ball still has to go in the basket.

the gym seats right at 1500 around 1450 if that will make you cry babies chill out. thats more than fcs and rbs. but who cares play ball!!!!! the ball still has to go in the basket.

It may sit a few more than RBS, but in no way does that gym sit more than FCS. Even that is still too small, I believe, to seat the region tournament with the fan bases some of these teams bring. And of course it doesn't effect the ball players as you are right when you say "the ball still has to go in the basket" but the fans are going to complain because they want a comfortable place to sit to see their respective team put the "ball into the basket"

It may sit a few more than RBS, but in no way does that gym sit more than FCS. Even that is still too small, I believe, to seat the region tournament with the fan bases some of these teams bring. And of course it doesn't effect the ball players as you are right when you say "the ball still has to go in the basket" but the fans are going to complain because they want a comfortable place to sit to see their respective team put the "ball into the basket"

eat you a cheeseburger,popcorn and a sprite and you will be comfortable to watch your team PUT THE BALL IN THE BASKET!!!! REALLY WE ARE TALKING ABOUT A GYM!! A GYM.