District 3 AAA, is Powell favorites with so many returning starters?

baseballfreak865

They just don't field the ball well. Great kids, great arms, hit it a ton. I have seen most of these guys play since 9-10 year old ball.

I do agree with you that defense is not their strength. But in district play, they will most likely field it as good as most of the teams.

Beyond district play could be another story.

I also know that these guys work really hard and you may see quite a bit of improvement in that area this season.

Best of luck to all the teams this year! :thumb:

I do agree with you that defense is not their strength. But in district play, they will most likely field it as good as most of the teams.

Beyond district play could be another story.

I also know that these guys work really hard and you may see quite a bit of improvement in that area this season.

Best of luck to all the teams this year! :thumb:

They will most certainly be the best team in the district.

• 1 month later...

Dominate implies that everyone else has little or no chance. Seems a little silly to predict dominance. Halls and AC both have the pitching to compete and Halls has enough bats to compete as well. Throw in fielding, players slumping, and just the roll of the ball sometimes and you have enough variables for any game. Based on returning starters, Powell will be strong. Just remember though that at some schools, underclassmen don't get to play as early. It sure doesn't mean a returning starter at one school is better than a talented junior/senior getting his chance to start at a school that tends to play seniors first. I dont see any of the top 3 losing to anyone other than the top 3. Based on the talent in the top 3, I believe on any given day they can win. I think it will be an exciting year and I look forward to seeing how it plays out.

Dominate implies that everyone else has little or no chance. Seems a little silly to predict dominance. Halls and AC both have the pitching to compete and Halls has enough bats to compete as well. Throw in fielding, players slumping, and just the roll of the ball sometimes and you have enough variables for any game. Based on returning starters, Powell will be strong. Just remember though that at some schools, underclassmen don't get to play as early. It sure doesn't mean a returning starter at one school is better than a talented junior/senior getting his chance to start at a school that tends to play seniors first. I dont see any of the top 3 losing to anyone other than the top 3. Based on the talent in the top 3, I believe on any given day they can win. I think it will be an exciting year and I look forward to seeing how it plays out.

Great comment! AC and Halls will certainly challenge Powell. The district will be decided by how the big 3 do against each other and which one slips up against the second tier teams (HVA, Karns and Oak Ridge).