Tri-County Seven

coachh17

The loss to Avery County was at Avery. After trouncing them in Tennessee, we knew we would have a fight to win at Avery. It is much like Greene County, with their own set of rules and referees. The only thing I need to mention is that there were 33 traveling violations called. And we lost by only a few in overtime.

I was at the Avery game. If we had game film i think we would find that the most of the traveling calls, by both teams, were legit. You can't shuffle your feet before you take off. I thought the biggest difference was that they had their 6 ft. center back that did not play in the first game. Friend of mine told me that Avery was 0-4 to start the season without her and 11-1 with her back.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The loss to Avery County was at Avery. After trouncing them in Tennessee, we knew we would have a fight to win at Avery. It is much like Greene County, with their own set of rules and referees. The only thing I need to mention is that there were 33 traveling violations called. And we lost by only a few in overtime.

I was at the Avery game. If we had game film i think we would find that the most of the traveling calls, by both teams, were legit. You can't shuffle your feet before you take off. I thought the biggest difference was that they had their 6 ft. center back that did not play in the first game. Friend of mine told me that Avery was 0-4 to start the season without her and 11-1 with her back.

CoachH, sorry to reply on the "older" thread, but Old44 is correct. The center was a difference maker in the game. Avery had also lost to Mitchell County the preceding week, at Mitchell. Then exactly like they did Cloudland, beat Mitchell a few days later at Avery.

As for film, I do have it. Some of the traveling calls on both teams were legitimate of course. I don't recall the number, but about 75% of the 33 violations were called on Cloudland. I actually recall seeing Clark called for traveling while dribbling the ball though. That one threw me!