9-AAA

BallparkHotdog

Keep your eyes on Wilson Central this year. Head coach Anthony Ford has turned things around over there and is running a much better program. With help from Coach B. Howard and A. Schmeltzer the wildcats pose a real threat to anyone who is on their schedule this upcoming season. Although they will be fairly young and lack depth in their rotation, they have great leadership form their centerfielder, Devin Fish. I wouldn't want to hit the to centerfield, this kid can track just about anything down, not to mention how well he swings the bat. They have one of the best high-school catchers i've ever seen play, Dylan Prendergrast. He has an unbelievable arm, i would not reccomend trying to steal on this kid. One of the youngsters to watch will be first-basemen Jacob Wood. Both Prendergrast and Wood will be players to wacth for the next two years.

I agree with your assesement of Fish......but this is where you lost me.....the wildcats pose a real threat to anyone who is on their schedule this upcoming season" I hope the best for them, but they are not going to beat too many in this district, they just do not have the talent.

• 2 weeks later...

This district is as weak as it has ever been. MJ is at the top and no one else is even close. Beech will be lucky to be a .500 team and HHS has very little talent(saw them scrimmage Goodpasture last week - another team who doesn't look very good)... Gallatin has a lot back - so they could very well pop up to the top spot in the Sumner Co. side of things... MJ has had talent for years and never did much until Coach Purvis took over the program.

80's - 9AAA saw many different schools have success - really no dominant teams

90's - Early 90's (90-96) was Brentwood(91-92), Beech and Hville for the most part in the late 90's Gallatin had some great teams and Beech (97-98), Hville reappeared (99) had some good teams - Franklin HS was also good as they had MLB pitcher Derrick Turnbow

2000's saw the emergence of MJ as Purvis took over and Hville had another good run and some state appearances - and Smyrna had a couple good years with Sonny Gray

and that's kinda where we are at right now -

Edited by 3-6-3

This district is as weak as it has ever been. MJ is at the top and no one else is even close. Beech will be lucky to be a .500 team and HHS has very little talent(saw them scrimmage Goodpasture last week - another team who doesn't look very good)... Gallatin has a lot back - so they could very well pop up to the top spot in the Sumner Co. side of things... MJ has had talent for years and never did much until Coach Purvis took over the program.

80's - 9AAA saw many different schools have success - really no dominant teams

90's - Early 90's (90-96) was Brentwood(91-92), Beech and Hville for the most part in the late 90's Gallatin had some great teams and Beech (97-98), Hville reappeared (99) had some good teams - Franklin HS was also good as they had MLB pitcher Derrick Turnbow

2000's saw the emergence of MJ as Purvis took over and Hville had another good run and some state appearances - and Smyrna had a couple good years with Sonny Gray

and that's kinda where we are at right now -

80's, 90's, 00's. WHY? You a former player that thinks today's generation isn't as good as your generation? However, I do agree that Mark Purvis is awesome at MJ and will have da bears ready by postseason. Beech will be ok, HHS will not be ok, Gallatin will be average. Strongest division is MJ, LHS, WC, and SC.

• 2 weeks later...

Would have to agree with NashvilleBaller. GHS will not be at top but middle to bottom of the conference. Beech will own that division as MJ owns the other division. Lebanon is the team to watch out for since they did not lose anyone important from the 2010 season. Hendersonville will not be good(lost 9 players), Beech lost Hansen, but still has one or two good arms, Station Camp will compete and suprise some people, Wilson Central will be similar to Station Camp, and Portland will not be very good. Good Luck to all.

For a guy to say he has no connection and still pick a trainwreck like Gallatin to finish well, check out Pope John smoking the wave last week 11-2. I do have a connect... watch out for Station Camp.

Edited by haebvols

80's, 90's, 00's. WHY? You a former player that thinks today's generation isn't as good as your generation? However, I do agree that Mark Purvis is awesome at MJ and will have da bears ready by postseason. Beech will be ok, HHS will not be ok, Gallatin will be average. Strongest division is MJ, LHS, WC, and SC.

Never played 9AAA ball, but I have seen it since playing college ball in the area and I know what I'm talking about - Mt. Juliet has always had some good players - now they have a coach who lives and breathes it and I can call him my friend as well... known him for quite a while -

Though I am not expecting much from Beech this year, they did go 5-2 at the Hoover Ala. tournament last week. Lost 6-2 to eventual winner of the tournament. (cant remember who that was) Today's game at Goodpasture should be interesting.

they went 4-2 and lost to Cullman who beat Houston (Germantown, TN) 6-5... Beech lost to GP 4-0 today - neither of those teams is very good.

I was informed last night while attending the Wilson Co. Invitational that Lebanon is 0-7. Is there any truth to that statement and how did they do last night against Hume-Fogg?

Watched them handle H-F 9-3.Don't know about their overall record.

Edited by haebvols

9-AAA successful night--Lebanon beat Hume Fogg 9-3, Mt. Juliet beat Science Hill 2-1, and Station Camp beat Creekwood 12-1 and beat White House 11-0.

WH score was 10-0. I froze through it. Beech also lost to Clarksville, beat Ravenwood and Mont. Central, Gallatin lost to Centennial, and Wilson Cent. beat Mont. Central... according to sources.

Edited by haebvols