District 9 AA

WHHSHD13

well according to the fella shooting the radar gun, Newman and Hopkins both were throwing high 80's. Hopkins threw the ball really well too, but his defense didn't seem to make the necessary plays. As for hitting, you r correct, the bobcats had one hit tonight and this is definitely a problem that GB will have to fix if they want to have a chance on earth to b able to compete. I was told that Hopkins was clocked at 88, and that Newman was right there with him so who knows

Sycamore wins at Macon. 4-2. Game tomorrow at Sycamore at 4

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Newman or Hopkins were throwing upper 80's we would of heard of them a lot earlier in the season than this. Both kids throw MAYBE 80 to 84. How long will ledbedder be out?

Hopkins is definitely throwing harder than 80 to 84 you goon. If you have never seen him throw then quit guessing. I was at the GP-GB game and Hopkins topped out at 88 and was throwing his fastball consistently from 86-87. Newman was throwing well too and i think he topped out at 86 while consistently hitting 83-84. And as for Ledbetter, he is still playing, but he won't be pitching as much as he did last year due to what i understand to be elbow problems. but like soul survivor said earlier, this district is anybody's to win :ugeek:

Hopkins is definitely throwing harder than 80 to 84 you goon. If you have never seen him throw then quit guessing. I was at the GP-GB game and Hopkins topped out at 88 and was throwing his fastball consistently from 86-87. Newman was throwing well too and i think he topped out at 86 while consistently hitting 83-84. And as for Ledbetter, he is still playing, but he won't be pitching as much as he did last year due to what i understand to be elbow problems. but like soul survivor said earlier, this district is anybody's to win :ugeek:

Did the Hopkins kids throw any last year? Don't remember him. But, if he is touching 86 or above, then wow!

This district is up for grabs still. Any team 2-0 or 0-2 or 1-1 is still in it obviously. Next week should start to separate some of the more weak or more strong teams. Who will be 4-0 next week, Goodpasture, Sycamore, or White House? (assuming White House beat Westmoreland twice).

This is a fun district to watch, looking forward to it.

Well when white house and Greenbriar play monday we'll see this magic arm of Hopkins your talking about.haha

Never saw a radar gun at either game. Did both pitchers throw well? - yes. Were they throwing over 85? - nope. GP had a ton of strikeouts because Greenbrier's hitting was non-existant. GP's hitting is way down this year also (but we normally do not see them this early in the season). Ledbetter's triple play was the highlight of both games. Both games were 1 point games late(fifth inning), but I believe you can't give a team like Goodpasture a second and third look at the same pitcher without giving up hits and runs. Looking forward to the White House games. :thumb:

Edited by ogor

Never saw a radar gun at either game. Did both pitchers throw well? - yes. Were they throwing over 85? - nope. GP had a ton of strikeouts because Greenbrier's hitting was non-existant. GP's hitting is way down this year also (but we normally do not see them this early in the season). Ledbetter's triple play was the highlight of both games. Both games were 1 point games late(fifth inning), but I believe you can't give a team like Goodpasture a second and third look at the same pitcher without giving up hits and runs. Looking forward to the White House games. :thumb:

Sycamore and Goodpasture split. Goodpasture W3-1 on Tuesday, Sycamore W5-0 on Wednesday. Both competitive games, but Goodpasture booted some balls Wednesday to give Sycamore the early lead.

What happened around the district this week?

Any truth to the rumor that GP's Hunter newman is out for the season?

And i also heard that GP's leadoff man quit? If this indeed is true I think Sycamore and Greenbrier may be battling it out for the district crown, but we still can't sleep on GP

Any truth to the rumor that GP's Hunter newman is out for the season?

And i also heard that GP's leadoff man quit? If this indeed is true I think Sycamore and Greenbrier may be battling it out for the district crown, but we still can't sleep on GP

Let's keep this about the games that are played, not rumor mill. If the kid is out for the year, sorry to hear that.