Science Hill vs. East TN

Toppsportsfan

Like their 4 point win 67-63 over Sullivan Central at Science Hill a Cougar team that lost to Unaka the last place team in Hampton's league. Science Hill wouldn't come to Hampton and play for no amount of money. They might walk the dog in seasons past but the talent level is about the same this year.

Considering SH beat Central by close to 50 at Central a few weeks ago, yes the win the other night was very underwhelming. Two major reasons SH didn't blow Central out the the gym again the other night were the absence of Jaylen Allen(did not play due to illness)and it was Central. The Toppers were looking ahead. It's hard to really get hyped to play a team you just beat by 40+ a few weeks earlier. Central played much better this time around though and the Winchell kid is a player.

Edited by AlumnI01

Considering SH beat Central by close to 50 at Central a few weeks ago, yes the win the other night was very underwhelming. Two major reasons SH didn't blow Central out the the gym again the other night were the absence of Jaylen Allen(did not play due to illness)and it was Central. The Toppers were looking ahead. It's hard to really get hyped to play a team you just beat by 40+ a few weeks earlier. Central played much better this time around though and the Winchell kid is a player.

AlumnI, your posts are always to the point and supportive of your team but you also find a way to give props to the competition!

Reminds me of, well.......ME! :)

Edited by uknoit2

Like their 4 point win 67-63 over Sullivan Central at Science Hill a Cougar team that lost to Unaka the last place team in Hampton's league. Science Hill wouldn't come to Hampton and play for no amount of money. They might walk the dog in seasons past but the talent level is about the same this year.

Well science hill beat hampton by 14...central lost by four...so that means that central is ten points better than hampton? This is the logic your using? i specifically said that on any given night any team can win....and you have no credibility if you seriously think that hampton has the same talent as science hill. you are nuts! Science hill doesnt play hampton for the same reason duke doesnt play ETSU. Get outta here...HOw many D-1 players play for Hampton? HOw many kids off the team have legitimate chance to go play D-1? Science HIll has 4? Back to the central game...yes it was a 4 point win and central is notoriously bad...its one night? let them play ten more times and they wouldnt come within 20? but on any given night anything can happen. Like i said in my previous post...its hard to get up to play little teams who arent as good as you... i.e. central, HAMPTON, Volunteer etc...etc...Im not taking anyhting away from HAMPTON...get this straight...they are good and have talent...I hope they do well in the playoffs...but they are not SH in any sport...and they never will be. sorry its the small vs. the big...they shouldnt expect to be in the same league...and they are not.

If I had been SH watching Hampton's first half against Hunter Huss (yes we lost by 12), I wouldnt have taken them lightly...and I dont think they did.

Yea, Ive played alot of ball...too much for too long. I know a few things about the game.

You said SH would and should win against Hampton, that was exactly my wording also because of bench help and depth....BUT, if SH's 5 ran four qtrs with Hampton's 5,Id take Hampton alot more than one or two out of ten!

So you think hamptons starting 5 is better than sh...or even comparable? come on man...SHHS (like jeff says) has depth...they play like a college team...not this "well we got a heck of a good starting 5, but our bench couldnt fall out of a boat and hit water". The HIll runs 8-10 guys out every game...bc thats what good teams do...they have depth. for someone who "Knows a few things", you dont seem to understand competitive, high level playing very much. more good players equals better than not having many good players? Name a college team that runs only 5 people and competes at a high level every game? go ahead ill wait.

So you think hamptons starting 5 is better than sh...or even comparable? come on man...SHHS (like jeff says) has depth...they play like a college team...not this "well we got a heck of a good starting 5, but our bench couldnt fall out of a boat and hit water". The HIll runs 8-10 guys out every game...bc thats what good teams do...they have depth. for someone who "Knows a few things", you dont seem to understand competitive, high level playing very much. more good players equals better than not having many good players? Name a college team that runs only 5 people and competes at a high level every game? go ahead ill wait.

Hit the nail on the head there 'Fan.....What makes us a lil diferent and good is that we do what we do with, basically, the same 5!

I didnt say our bench couldnt fall out of a boat, but our bech, like yours, dont stack up!

I see competitive, high-level playing every time these boys hit the floor, thank you!

Subbing 8-10 guys out every night is what most AAA teams do! Thats the difference between A, AA, AAA and so on.....quantity, choise and depth!

And I never said Hampton's starting 5 were better than SH's....I said if they went head-to-head 10 times, Hampton would win more than one or two!

Read it again...go ahead, ill wait.

Well science hill beat hampton by 14...central lost by four...so that means that central is ten points better than hampton? This is the logic your using? i specifically said that on any given night any team can win....and you have no credibility if you seriously think that hampton has the same talent as science hill. you are nuts! Science hill doesnt play hampton for the same reason duke doesnt play ETSU. Get outta here...HOw many D-1 players play for Hampton? HOw many kids off the team have legitimate chance to go play D-1? Science HIll has 4? Back to the central game...yes it was a 4 point win and central is notoriously bad...its one night? let them play ten more times and they wouldnt come within 20? but on any given night anything can happen. Like i said in my previous post...its hard to get up to play little teams who arent as good as you... i.e. central, HAMPTON, Volunteer etc...etc...Im not taking anyhting away from HAMPTON...get this straight...they are good and have talent...I hope they do well in the playoffs...but they are not SH in any sport...and they never will be. sorry its the small vs. the big...they shouldnt expect to be in the same league...and they are not.

Good point...I was going to bring that up, but it'd been kinda like cutting off the nose to spite the face :roflolk:

I really dont think anyone on here said, at any time, that Hampton was better than SHHS....Hampton does have 3 that could play for the Hill...and if they had, D-1 schools may well have looked at them also....but we dont get many looks up here in the sticks!

"not SH in any sport"? Maybe so, but I'd love to have seen them play a lil football the last couple of seasons.

Hey, you pull hard for your team, Id say youd have the same attitude if they were playing the Lakers! Kinda like me!

2,200 to choose from vs 440 that Hampton chooses from and S.Hill only won by 14? That is plumb shameful if you ask me.You guys have how many gold balls in the trophy case? How many do you have post PITTS era? Not even relevant in AAA state wide scene anymore.You said it is hard to get up for these "little" teams. That is why Pitts won so many because his teams "got up" for everybody every night. The Ward kid from Hampton would start for ANY TEAM IN THE AREA INCLUDING SHHS. PERIOD.

Edited by Bluengoldblood

The Hilltoppers really don't have depth you all have three good players in Allen, Hale, and Adams. Levauo, Howard, and Carter are decent players and could start at some other big eight schools not all. The rest of the team is JV level players. You all do not have depth it is just that the big three are so good and the competition is weak. If any player from your big three left you all would have lost at least two games in the season. You all can go to state and win a game, but the hilltoppers will have to only play the eight list because the other players are not ready for state competition. Especially the jv coaches son.

2,200 to choose from vs 440 that Hampton chooses from and S.Hill only won by 14? That is plumb shameful if you ask me.You guys have how many gold balls in the trophy case? How many do you have post PITTS era? Not even relevant in AAA state wide scene anymore.You said it is hard to get up for these "little" teams. That is why Pitts won so many because his teams "got up" for everybody every night. The Ward kid from Hampton would start for ANY TEAM IN THE AREA INCLUDING SHHS. PERIOD.

The competition is much better state-wide than it was when Pitts was coaching at SH. SH didn't have to "get up" for everyone they played because they were simply on a different level than most back in the early-mid 90s. There were very, very few teams in the state that could play with them back then. However, things change. The talent level in East TN(especially Knox)is much better than it used to be, and the talent level in Memphis is insane. Times have changed since Pitts was coaching at the Hill. As for your comment about SH no longer being relevant in AAA state anymore, that's laughable. SH made a name for themselves and that name has stuck. They still get plenty of talk state-wide every single year. Believe me I have family in Memphis, Nashville etc and the name SCIENCE HILL is as recognized as its always been when it comes to basketball in this state. They may not have brought a championship back to JC in a while but they established themselves as a state power years ago and they continue to be that and represent this area well.