Science Hill vs. East TN

Toppsportsfan

This guy honestly thinks that Science HIll "changed the schedule". Those sneaky toppers. haha get outta here. Thank you dare for shedding some light for my obviously ill informed and paranoid netfan.

GOOOOO HAMPTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcasm) but seriously. I hope that hampton gets to state...bc if not they will be the greatest team of all time...to not make it....these guys would all be d1 if it wasnt such a small school. Duke, Carolina, and Ohio State were gonna come watch these great talents but their GPS's werent working.

OK sarcasm aside...good luck to all the teams playing this week and this weekend...I hope everyone gets good games from their teams and play injury free... God Bless.

p.s. i will say a prayer for the officiating bc i guarantee that these nimrods we call officials (only 60 % are nimrods) will ruin someones post season.

Good Luck everyone!!!!! Go HILLTOPPERS.

Your initail post asked if anyone east of Nashville could beat the Toppers. Most of the comments have been back and forth between SH and Hampton. Not much has been said about SH and 3A competition in East TN - districts 1, 2, 3 and 4. How do you think they will stack up?

Edited by TNHSBBALLFAN

Why did the Big 8 let Science Hill change the bracket for tonight's game? The #1 seed always plays the last game yet SH was afraid their fans would not get into the game since they would not move it to Freedom Hall so they changed the schedule where 1and 4 play at 6 then the Boone and DB fans will not get in to see their game. Just don't understand why they would let them pull this. It will be interesting to see if SH makes the championship if their fans will even get to see it since the championship is the second game on Saturday. I think the consolation game fans will stay put and not let the other fans come in.

Everyone else's thoughts.

You wrong the BIG 8 the # 1 seed always plays the first game untill the finals ,Even when it was all 4 teams playing the same day it went 1 2 3 4 seeds And why should they move it 2 freedom hall if thats the case why host.if your not going 2 play it in your home gym. Science Hill doesnt play home games there.If you dont know how it works it goes 2 each big 8 school so you host every 7 years.Did you get on here just 2 hear yourself when you didnt know what you were talking aboutAnd if you look real close Hampton a #1 seed plays the first boys game sat i guess they changed it also

Edited by jeffs

It pains me to say this but we couldn't take a upper east tn. all star team and come within 20 points of Oak Hill. There are no players in upper east tn. that could make a Oak Hill team. Everybody needs to get a grip and remember just how weak we are in this area. We just don't have the coaching to develope any talent that "might" be there. I don't like saying it but it's the truth.

It pains me to say this but we couldn't take a upper east tn. all star team and come within 20 points of Oak Hill. There are no players in upper east tn. that could make a Oak Hill team. Everybody needs to get a grip and remember just how weak we are in this area. We just don't have the coaching to develope any talent that "might" be there. I don't like saying it but it's the truth.

You must be watching Elizabethton play YOU really need 2 get out more .Iwas wondering were you was Im really glad you gave that players playing out of zone a rest your ALWAYS Negatve about everything please dont start that here Your wrong theres not a team in the state of tenn that can play with them ask Melrose AND Bearden.But i can tell you one thing SCIENCE HILL is the last Tenn team 2 beat them.

Edited by jeffs

You must be watching Elizabethton play YOU really need 2 get out more .Iwas wondering were you was Im really glad you gave that players playing out of zone a rest your ALWAYS Negatve about everything please dont start that here Your wrong theres not a team in the state of tenn that can play with them ask Melrose AND Bearden.But i can tell you one thing SCIENCE HILL is the last Tenn team 2 beat them.

I had to read your post three times and im still not sure what your trying to say there. But if telling the truth sounds negative then so be it. Oh and for the record, since you mentioned Melrose and Bearden. No team in upper east tn. can play with those two, so that should give you some ideal about playing with Oak Hill. Yeah, thats negative......but also true. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

I had to read your post three times and im still not sure what your trying to say there. But if telling the truth sounds negative then so be it. Oh and for the record, since you mentioned Melrose and Bearden. No team in upper east tn. can play with those two, so that should give you some ideal about playing with Oak Hill. Yeah, thats negative......but also true. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

You dont hurt my feelings at all ,I belive thats why you play the game.NOBODY knows if S hill can play with Bearden or Melrose untill they meet on the floor i hope that we get 2 play them that would mean we made it 2 state.And like i said before its a Honor for ant team to get there and iceing on the cake if you win it .I really dont think Melrose will make it there any way.And by the way next year is S hills year anyway if you keep up with east tenn basketball you should know that DB with 7 sr was suppose to win it not SH that plays 2sr 2 jrs 4 soph

You dont hurt my feelings at all ,I belive thats why you play the game.NOBODY knows if S hill can play with Bearden or Melrose untill they meet on the floor i hope that we get 2 play them that would mean we made it 2 state.And like i said before its a Honor for ant team to get there and iceing on the cake if you win it .I really dont think Melrose will make it there any way.And by the way next year is S hills year anyway if you keep up with east tenn basketball you should know that DB with 7 sr was suppose to win it not SH that plays 2sr 2 jrs 4 soph

I keep up with east tenn basketball and nobody was picking DB to "win it". Everybody picked Science Hill.

I keep up with east tenn basketball and nobody was picking DB to "win it". Everybody picked Science Hill.

Then you need to go back to the first of the year the JC PRESS said IF the S Hill team over comes DB 7 sr leardership the Could win the Big 8.And thats what they did.And like i said NOBODY knows if S Hil can play with the teams from Knox Co and beyond untill they get a chance to play and yes tourney play is not the same as reg season they might not make it out of the region but if they do i hope we play sub state at home because its hard 2 win on the road no matter who you are

Edited by jeffs

Then you need to go back to the first of the year the JC PRESS said IF the S Hill team over comes DB 7 sr leardership the Could win the Big 8.And thats what they did.And like i said NOBODY knows if S Hil can play with the teams from Knox Co and beyond untill they get a chance to play and yes tourney play is not the same as reg season they might not make it out of the region but if they do i hope we play sub state at home because its hard 2 win on the road no matter who you are

Everybody that could talk was picking Science Hill to win the conference. The JC PRESS is no better than the Kingsport Times News. Their both lame excuses for a newspaper. And I would hardly say that your example is them picking DB to win it. More like they didn't want to go out on a limb and pick the Hilltoppers. I truly would like to see a team from upper east tn. do well but it ain't gonna' happen with the coaching we have in this area. Their good coaches by upper east tn. standards but can't compete on the state level. Pitts and Van Huss were the last ones capable of doing that.

Basically what I want to know is...can anyone beat Science Hill in the area. Yes tn high beat them in the arbys...but on a tues/fri night, is anyone capable of beating them? DB has come up just short twice. Obviously if the toppers play bad on any given night anyone can win. But, if they are clicking can, anyone this side of Nashville handle them? Also...is it me or are the officials worse this year than ever? For everyone...not just sh...they seem to be bad on both sides...every night.

a team from our conference beat yall, Morristown East.