Lions Pride Grappling Open Registration

trickk

teampages_background._banner_800.jpg

Lions Pride Grappling is your premier training club for Freestyle, Greco-Roman, and Folkstyle Wrestling throughout Nashville and Middle Tennessee.

2011 Freestyle & Greco Roman Season

March 1st – May 30th

WWW.LIONSPRIDEGRAPPLING.COM

71% of TSSAA State Champions are Freestyle and Greco Wrestlers*

52% of TSSAA Top 6 State Placers are Freestyle and Greco Wrestlers**

Knowing that if you wrestle Freestyle you improve your odds by a minimum of 52% to get on the podium, shouldn’t you start immediately!

Season Details:

Team Reservations (Open Now) – Only 100 spots available reserve_button_smaller.png

1. Preseason Preregistration Meeting – Feb. 22nd 6:00 – 7:30 PM at the David Lipscomb Wrestling Room

2. 3 practices a week – Mon., Tues., Thurs., 6:00 – 7:30 PM

3. 6-8 Tournaments click to see the schedule

4. Top level training with exceptional results from a proven coaching staff

5. Centralized location for all of Middle TN with COLLEGE LEVEL FACILITY at David Lipscomb HS wrestling room

Fees:

1. COACHES TRAIN FOR FREE - must have USAW athletes card $41 (see USAW membership link below to register)

2. USA Wrestling Athletes Card $41 and must be purchased online only at www.usawmembership.com (must be purchased prior to stepping on a mat)

3. Lions Pride Grappling 3 Month Membership $200 (must be paid prior to stepping on the matt)

Coach Stephen Petricca (Coach Trick)

Coach@lionspridegrappling.com

615-498-0700

Lion_bullseye_large.gif

* Based on TSSAA 2009-10 D1 State Placers and 2010 TWF USAW Members I *43% of TSSAA 2009-10 D2 State Placers are 2010 TWF USAW Members I *36% of TSSAA 2009-10 D2 State Champions are 2010 TWF Members

www.lionspridegrappling.com

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reservation Open

only 70 spots left after 3 days of reservation being open..

After seeing what happen this weekend at the state duals. I think I might want

a refund because I am going to Chattanooga. The Chattanooga teams showed that

freestyle and greco in middle tn cannot compete with the wrestling in Chattanooga.

I hear they have camps there for free and that the camps in middle tn are all about the

money. If you have attended any of the camps in Chattanooga please post any info

you have. thanks

Edited by armbar

freestyle and greco in middle tn cannot compete with the wrestling in Chattanooga.

I hear they have camps there for free and that the camps in middle tn are all about the

money. If you have attended any of the camps in Chattanooga please post any info

you have. thanks

not sure what you heard but I have been involved in FS and GR in this state for 5 years and I have never heard of FREE camps, when you come across them let me know, I will send my kids there as well. More importantly we have just as good of camps here in Middle TN with just as good of coaching. Its unfortunate that you haven't done enough investigation of the talent in this area to determine that.

You dont build winning organizations overnight and the issue with Middle TN has been the lack of promoting year round wrestling. Chattanooga embraces year round wrestling though various organizations and USA Wrestling being one of those for the older kids. If more schools and parents worked with local clubs like mine then we can change what the duals results look like. I for one applaud the Chattanooga area for sticking with the program and inviting and encouraging its wrestlers to do more than show up on November one and wrestle for 2.5 months.

So rather than take your kids to an area where the wrestling instruction is the same, support your local clubs that work their tails off with those kids that want to be successful. This year you will see a multitude of wrestlers that come out of the Middle TN area that are FS and GR wrestlers who train locally. I can tell you that you will see more that 30 out of 84 in D1 alone, that is a prediction but I'm sure i will be pretty close..

you have. thanks

and what are you referring to a refund.... Did you train with me or my club or any of the coaches that were involved? just trying to figure out why you feel my club wouldn't offer top level training??

and what are you referring to a refund.... Did you train with me or my club or any of the coaches that were involved? just trying to figure out why you feel my club wouldn't offer top level training??

What has your club accomplished? Who are your coaches? What top level training do you offer? What percentage of state champions and placers were from your club?

Edited by bozo

What has your club accomplished? Who are your coaches? What top level training do you offer? What percentage of state champions and placers were from your club?

I can say that Coach Trick, Smith, and Seaman helped my son when

he was in high school. There have been many kids in Middle Tn

who have placed and who will place this year who have been helped

by Lions Pride. Who's the best coach in TN???? I don't know??

Did Trick help my son?? You BET !!! If my son was still in high

school, would he still roll with Trick? YES !!!

NOW, Are you saying that you are going to run free camps in

middle TN?? I did not think so.

I can say that Coach Trick, Smith, and Seaman helped my son when

he was in high school. There have been many kids in Middle Tn

who have placed and who will place this year who have been helped

by Lions Pride. Who's the best coach in TN???? I don't know??

Did Trick help my son?? You BET !!! If my son was still in high

school, would he still roll with Trick? YES !!!

NOW, Are you saying that you are going to run free camps in

middle TN?? I did not think so.

I think that the kids that are doing a lot better in middle tn are the ones with the money such as Ravenwood,

Independence, Franklin, Brentwood, and sometimes Hendersonville. The teams in the Clarksville area were doing

real good a few years back but now have only one powerhouse being the wildcats. The Nashville metro area schools have always been at a disadvantage bacause of most are from single family homes and cannot participate in a lot of after school activities. The other side with Blackman, Mt Juliet, Siegel, Tullahoma, Wilson Central, Cookeville are some real tough kids and seem to be improving each year. I don't think we will ever be able to be as good as Bradley and some of the other Chattanooga teams. If you looked at how bad they beat the teams that they faced in the state duals, its wasn't even close. I would say if you really want to be a champion, instead of going to these high dollar camps go to Chattanooga and see how its done.

I think that the kids that are doing a lot better in middle tn are the ones with the money such as Ravenwood,

Independence, Franklin, Brentwood, and sometimes Hendersonville. The teams in the Clarksville area were doing

real good a few years back but now have only one powerhouse being the wildcats. The Nashville metro area schools have always been at a disadvantage bacause of most are from single family homes and cannot participate in a lot of after school activities. The other side with Blackman, Mt Juliet, Siegel, Tullahoma, Wilson Central, Cookeville are some real tough kids and seem to be improving each year. I don't think we will ever be able to be as good as Bradley and some of the other Chattanooga teams. If you looked at how bad they beat the teams that they faced in the state duals, its wasn't even close. I would say if you really want to be a champion, instead of going to these high dollar camps go to Chattanooga and see how its done.

There is a cost no matter how or who funds it. If they do train for

free in Chatt., what will you spend driving there and back for practice?

What is your time worth? If you live in middle TN, it is cheaper to

join a program here. The boys who are studs from middle TN got to be

studs because of programs outside of their school season. Can wrestlers

from middle Tn beat the boys from Bradley? Sure, but you can't find

enough boys with potential to commit to a single team.

I am not aware of any high dollar camps in middle TN. I am aware of

what you would spend to drive to Chatt. for practice and staying in

middle TN is way cheaper per practice. Time is money. Im sure the boys

from Chatt also attend camps that are not free.

To excel, you must train with someone who pushes you outside your

comfort level. You can find these coaches throughout the entire state.

you have. thanks

We do not have camps in Chattanooga, we just have great coaches and kids with a lot of heart and most do not do any off season wrestling. Either you got or you don't. Money will not make you any better. It takes working hard at practices and good coaching. The guy that keeps posting percentages that place at state from doing greco and freestyle is full of crap.

We do not have camps in Chattanooga, we just have great coaches and kids with a lot of heart and most do not do any off season wrestling. Either you got or you don't. Money will not make you any better. It takes working hard at practices and good coaching. The guy that keeps posting percentages that place at state from doing greco and freestyle is full of crap.

The statistics are not crap, they are the actual 2010 state placers in top 6 at the TSSAA that were references against the 2010 USA wrestling membership base for the Tennessee Wrestling Federation, which I am the Vice Chairman of. I can assure you that the percentages are in fact 100% accurate and I also referenced my materials for information in all my advertisements. I have also received AUTHORIZATION from USA Wrestling to release this information on ALL of our advertisements as they went though the same information and VERIFIED it. If you would like the data that I scowered over for 5 hours, you are more than welcome to it. Additionally Les Gutches (1997 World Champion and 1999 World Bronze Medalist) and USA Wrestlings State representative went over this info. He will be at the TSSAA state championships on Friday evening and Saturday as the guest of myself and the TWF. You are more than welcome to stop by the USA Wrestling Table and let him know the statistics are crap. I'm sure he will have a few other stats that you might be interested in that show that Freestyle and Greco Wrestling drastically improves your wrestling skills and by default greatly improving your chances of placing higher in folkstyle competitions.

This is not a profit game for anyone, its a passion to improve the wrestling in the STATE of TN. As the Junior National Coach I can tell you that although we argue about who is the best in the state, we forget we have to make sure our best can compete at a national level. We are behind and years away from "truely" competing and its our responsibility to improve wrestling in this state through off season programs with volunteers and clubs that host camps or season (for a fee or not).

Simply throwing out a thoughtless comment like "he is full of crap" doesn't help anyone anywhere. As they say, If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.

Incidentally there is a large number of Chattanooga area wrestlers that are OFF season wrestlers, you would have to be connected into the community to know that so you lack of knowledge here is understandable. The Chattanooga freestyle programs produce around 150-200 off season wrestlers every season, without fail.

Coach Trick

Lions Pride Grappling

Vice Chairman

Tennessee Wrestling Federation