Embattled Knoxville Central football coach Joel Helton resigns

Jet Pride

Believe that's what I said Einstein! Also..it's woe not wo and its Brute' not Bretu.

Just thought I would write like most everyone else on here does. Did not want to seem like someone one who tries to use proper grammer. Thought I would not be accepted as a real Coach T poster. Hey Einstein, do you know who is trying to get Coach Helton's job. Since you were into making spelling corrections, you might also be a visionary into who will be the next Central head coach. I promise to try not and not offend the coach T posters who cringe at gramatical errors.

I am from Blount County and don't know a lot about this situation, but from the oustside looking in, this situation doesn't add up. If a man has the tendency to hit kids in the way the media is portraying it, how does he coach 26 years at the same place without being reprimanded? Sounds like some parents are upset that someone made their kid sit down and shut up and have gotten the media involved and from there it has become a major travesty. Most parents today will not raise their kids, their kids rule them, and then they send them to school and expect a teacher to educate them or a coach to coach them. If a kid is not raised to respect their own parents, how can they ever respect any other authority, whether it be a teacher, coach, policeman, boss, etc... Just another indicator of how soft our decaying society has become.

I agree, you do not coach and teach for that many years, wake up one day and start hitting kids.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When did central get a coach ? i know they forced a coaching genius to give it up. he had the whole team coming back. you know fulton beat central in 1984. joel has whipped them ever since. i have no doubt , that whenever coach black wants, it will be a while before central can play with teams as well coached as fulton. I heard the guys they are looking at are from halls old coaches? tell me that i heard wrong.It was not long ago, when halls was lucky if they crossed the 50 yard line against central. Now we have those coaches in fountain city. who ever the next coach is, do not get too comfortable because you will only be there 3 to 4 years, top. The athletic director is to blame for sinking centrals ship. i just cannot comprehend a school letting a coaching legend go, for the ego of some guy from georgia. the a.d just wanted the football team, he just does not want to deal with the day to day, his puppets from halls will do that he will coach on friday night.

When did central get a coach ? i know they forced a coaching genius to give it up. he had the whole team coming back. you know fulton beat central in 1984. joel has whipped them ever since. i have no doubt , that whenever coach black wants, it will be a while before central can play with teams as well coached as fulton. I heard the guys they are looking at are from halls old coaches? tell me that i heard wrong.It was not long ago, when halls was lucky if they crossed the 50 yard line against central. Now we have those coaches in fountain city. who ever the next coach is, do not get too comfortable because you will only be there 3 to 4 years, top. The athletic director is to blame for sinking centrals ship. i just cannot comprehend a school letting a coaching legend go, for the ego of some guy from georgia. the a.d just wanted the football team, he just does not want to deal with the day to day, his puppets from halls will do that he will coach on friday night.

All I can say is :P :!:

Just thought I would write like most everyone else on here does. Did not want to seem like someone one who tries to use proper grammer. Thought I would not be accepted as a real Coach T poster. Hey Einstein, do you know who is trying to get Coach Helton's job. Since you were into making spelling corrections, you might also be a visionary into who will be the next Central head coach. I promise to try not and not offend the coach T posters who cringe at gramatical errors.

Funny !