Jackson County Vs Clay County

midtensportsfan

Jackson County rolls into Celina on Tuesday for a showdown against Clay County. If JC wins they win the district outright with a 7-1 record in the district. If Clay wins they will have to win against Clarkrange to force a coin flip otherwise JC would still win based on a 6-2 record vs 5-3. Clay will try to pack it in against Godwin and try to keep him from getting going and JC will put alot of pressure on Clay's guards to get some easy baskets off of their vaunted full court pressure they put on teams for the entire game. JC got off to a slow against Monterey but Godwin's slam dunk over Monterey's players seemed to rip the roof off of the building and JC went on to win easily. It was the sickest dunk i've seen in a long time, should be on youtube before long i'm sure! Clay played a tight game against Gordonsville going into overtime to win so this game is setting up as a classic battle between two very good teams. I got JC winning a nail biter 71-67. Who you got?

Edited by midtensportsfan

Jackson County rolls into Celina on Tuesday for a showdown against Clay County. If JC wins they win the district outright with a 7-1 record in the district. If Clay wins they will have to win against Clarkrange to force a coin flip otherwise JC would still win based on a 6-2 record vs 5-3. Clay will try to pack it in against Godwin and try to keep him from getting going and JC will put alot of pressure on Clay's guards to get some easy baskets off of their vaunted full court pressure they put on teams for the entire game. JC got off to a slow against Monterey but Godwin's slam dunk over Monterey's players seemed to rip the roof off of the building and JC went on to win easily. It was the sickest dunk i've seen in a long time, should be on youtube before long i'm sure! Clay played a tight game against Gordonsville going into overtime to win so this game is setting up as a classic battle between two very good teams. I got JC winning a nail biter 71-67. Who you got?

This is a very tough game to pick. Clay County has the best outside game of any team in the region and Jackson County is probaly one of the top 2 most well rounded team in the region, the other being FCS. Though I think Jackson County is a hair bit more talented, it will be a tough test for the Blue Devils going into to Clay County to win especially after the last game being so close and Clay County just slipping up at the end. Clay will be ready to play as they know what is on the line as does Jackson County. As i'm typing i'm in a flip flop of who i'm going to pick but at home i'll give Clay the edge but really this game could go either way. Should be a fun game to watch!

This is a very tough game to pick. Clay County has the best outside game of any team in the region and Jackson County is probaly one of the top 2 most well rounded team in the region, the other being FCS. Though I think Jackson County is a hair bit more talented, it will be a tough test for the Blue Devils going into to Clay County to win especially after the last game being so close and Clay County just slipping up at the end. Clay will be ready to play as they know what is on the line as does Jackson County. As i'm typing i'm in a flip flop of who i'm going to pick but at home i'll give Clay the edge but really this game could go either way. Should be a fun game to watch!

Your right about Clay County being a tough place to play. Their fans really get into the game but JC's fans travel well we usually have more at the game than our opponents. This will be a packed house which makes it a great atmosphere. The key in this game is going to be how JC's other players step up. Clay will have to focus so much attention trying to stop Godwin from getting the ball that JC's other players will have open look after open look. DMac always plays great against Clay and he is again the x factor like i said the last time. If he brings it and JC's roll players (P Ragland, J. McDowell, J. Goad, H. Leonard, T. Jackson) have good games then JC will be tough to beat. Clay County cannot matchup one on one against him so i'm sure they will play zone thats all they can play. but clay always plays well at home and no matter what they will be very tough to beat and wouldn't surprise me if they win the game. Trent Boles is as good as they get at the point guard position and is very deadly from behind the arc so JC will have to step it up and keep him from beating them. I think these two teams will play atleast one more time in the district championship and have a good chance of playing in the region championship as well. FCS is the one team especially if this new recruit is any good that will be starting play in the region tournament, that can play with these two teams. Because they recruit so heavily year after year they are loaded with talent which gives them a definite chance to win. I still think JC wins the district because i don't think Clay can go into Clarkrange and win but if JC plays like they did against LA then it won't matter. That team beats anyone in Class A now the one that played the 1st half against Monterey gets beat by just about everyone in Class A. If Godwin gets another monster dunk to ignite JC then it could get ugly fast but i still say its a close one till the end.

Clay County girls and boys both ended with a W. Great games!

Good gracious........what happened to the "close" matchup last night? Looks like Boles outplayed Godwin and the other players of JC didn't show up? If Clay continues this they will be headed to the Big Dance!

And even the CC girls won big over undefeated JC????

• Upvote 1