Division II-A Basketball (Small School Division) East/Middle Tournament

dgeeman

Help me out here...with 11 teams in the Division...how does the Region Tournament work?

Predictions

DCA 11-0

FRA or EZELL 10-1

FRA oR EZELL 9-2

USN 8-3

MJCA 7-4

KNOX WEBB 6-5

WEBB 5-6

DAVIDSON 3-8

SAS 3-8

ZION 3-8

RIVERSIDE 0-11

I know the 1-4 Host a game to get the privelege to go to Knox Webb. So 5 plays 11 to see who plays USN

Does 6 play 10 to see who plays the loser FRA or Ezell at #3? Then does 7 play 9 to see plays the winner of the FRA or Ezell game and the big question does #8 get a bye and plays DCA?

Help me if you can.

Gman

WaReAgLe3...I have no affiliation with any team in this division but have seen quite of few of these teams play. If DCA plays like the are capable they will win the tournament. Why do you think FRA is a easy lock to win it? Were you at the game where DCA dominated FRA in their own gym?

While I'm not sure FRA will roll through the tournament I am certain DCA did not "dominate FRA in their own gym". That was a close game all the way. DCA played well, made their FT's and FRA struggled to score in the half court. I would say FRA was MUCH more dominant in DCA's gym when they held them to 28 points and beat them by 14 earlier in the season. Regardless, this should be a good tournament and a rubber-match between DCA and FRA would be exciting.

Also gman Kings Academy is the 12th team. The 1-4 seeds will get byes in rd1 and play the winners of the 5-12 games. I think the winners of the rd2 games all go to Knoxville for the tourney and reach sub-state. Not sure though.

Edited by BoDawgs

While I'm not sure FRA will roll through the tournament I am certain DCA did not "dominate FRA in their own gym". That was a close game all the way. DCA played well, made their FT's and FRA struggled to score in the half court. I would say FRA was MUCH more dominant in DCA's gym when they held them to 28 points and beat them by 14 earlier in the season. Regardless, this should be a good tournament and a rubber-match between DCA and FRA would be exciting.

Also gman Kings Academy is the 12th team. The 1-4 seeds will get byes in rd1 and play the winners of the 5-12 games. I think the winners of the rd2 games all go to Knoxville for the tourney and reach sub-state. Not sure though.

The last match up between DCA and FRA was a good game. The first match up(in NOV) was not even the entire DCA basketball team DCA was missing a big guy and DCA football players had just returned from football the team had only 1 practice before that game .DCA only had 2 players not on the football team. So that was why FRA held DCA to 28 points. Should be a good tourny. I think if DCA continues to play the way they are at this point they will be fine.I am interested in the FRA vs Ezell game ,Any thoughts. Will Ray be back?

The last match up between DCA and FRA was a good game. The first match up(in NOV) was not even the entire DCA basketball team DCA was missing a big guy and DCA football players had just returned from football the team had only 1 practice before that game .DCA only had 2 players not on the football team. So that was why FRA held DCA to 28 points. Should be a good tourny. I think if DCA continues to play the way they are at this point they will be fine.I am interested in the FRA vs Ezell game ,Any thoughts. Will Ray be back?

I was told Ray will be back for the FRA game. It would be hard to say that he would be 100% but having him back will be a big plus. Don't count out Ezell just yet. They still will be a team to deal with. At least they didn't shy away from playing MBA or BA unlike FRA not playing Ensworth when their girls did. :roflol:

I was told Ray will be back for the FRA game. It would be hard to say that he would be 100% but having him back will be a big plus. Don't count out Ezell just yet. They still will be a team to deal with. At least they didn't shy away from playing MBA or BA unlike FRA not playing Ensworth when their girls did. :roflol:

Check your facts 9aa. FRA did play MBA, the also played Father Ryan, BGA, JPII and scrimmaged BA. Not to mention games against Lipscomb and CPA. By any measure their schedule was much harder than Ezell. Also, from my understanding the FRA boys and girls had scheduled Nashville Central Christian (very strong boys team) this season then NCC's girls backed out. Ensworth filled that spot, not the other way around.

By the way I don't see Ensworth on Ezell's schedule either. I do see Pleasant View and Aaron Academy though.

Thanks BoDawgs! Having 12 teams then makes it a little more simpler and easier to understand...while I would like to get into the mix of selecting teams to advance...as with Ezell's games any team can play up or down to their potential. The potential for upset is too strong going into this year's Regions at Knox Webb. While Ezell has only 1 loss going into the finale vs FRA the fact is our one loss to this point in our Division includes comeback wins against Knox Webb, USN, Webb, and MJCA. Any game can be turned by bad officiating, sickness, etc. At this point all the records are out the window! In a few days the pairings will be out...and with a little luck, hot shooting, and crazy officiating...anyone could be found in Knoxville in a couple of weeks. Personally...I would like to see Ezell there.

Good luck to all the teams and may the best teams advance!

Gman

Game time decision.

Seems right and makes sense.