Good wrestlers without a medal?

Afro

Good wrestlers get left off the podium every year. Here are some notable wrestlers that very well could have been standing on the podium.

I'm gonna disagree with you on this one. With double elimination now in place, no one got LEFT off the podium. Those that weren't there, didn't earn their way there. I can see the arguement with the past method of elimination, but not with double elimination now in place.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna disagree with you on this one. With double elimination now in place, no one got LEFT off the podium. Those that weren't there, didn't earn their way there. I can see the arguement with the past method of elimination, but not with double elimination now in place.

I agree the best 6 are the best 6 and medalist earned there way there and should be extremeley proud of their accomplishments. They are the best in the state and hopefully no one is thinking otherwise. i don't see any problem with pointing out some wrestlers that we may see in the future standing on that podium from what was seen during the tournament. Maybe that is what some are doing. There were quite a few impressive underclassman that i saw.

yeah maybe the riverdale boy but the 135 didnt impress me at all

Didn't relize he was supposed to. Didn't relize they were there to impress YOU!!!!!!!!!! I don't think he cares whether or not he was suppose to impress you.... I'm sure the kids there that desearved to be there that walked away empty handed and gave it there best really don't give a rats A** whether or not they impressed YOU!!!!!!!!!! As a parent of two wrestlers I have watched several of the REGION 5 wrestlers and I personally watched the 135 from WILSON CENTRAL and he is an outstanding wrestler and he has a great BIG HEART.. I also know that he gives back to the AAU club with his little brother and the middle school kids.. so if your not impressed with a wrestler who could probly kick you BUTT all day long and TWICE on sunday... I don't think these BOYS CARE!!!! I also know that the 112 from Wilson Central should also should be added. 135 from Harpeth and Beach. I know that the 125 from Blackman was one of the best wrestlers there this weekend... Glad to see TANNER BATES from MJ win is weight class and finish a perfect 50-0 season.. But I'm sure he would be worried of he impressed you or not.

Agree,,,If you didn't place you didn't earn it!,,,I can see the argument where Woods may have finished 2nd in stead of 3rd if we seeded,,,,that being said,,,Seaman came on strong at the end of the season,,very impressed with how he wrestled/finished,,,he could very well beat Woods,,,but either way the top six did place. Now theres some kids that had the potential to place if they really brought it (Mullins for example I felt was a top 4),,,but its clear with double elimination,,,if you didn't bring it,,,where you could have placed / should have placed,,, is a moot point. When you have loaded weight classes 10 deep with studs,,,all the studs can't place,,,that is,,unless The Fockers take over and we start giving 9th & 10th place ribbons. I couldn't be more proud of my son who by the way didn't place,,,he wrestled tough,,,and thats all I really care about.

CC,,,sends

Agree,,,If you didn't place you didn't earn it!,,,I can see the argument where Woods may have finished 2nd in stead of 3rd if we seeded,,,,that being said,,,Seaman came on strong at the end of the season,,very impressed with how he wrestled/finished,,,he could very well beat Woods,,,but either way the top six did place. Now theres some kids that had the potential to place if they really brought it (Mullins for example I felt was a top 4),,,but its clear with double elimination,,,if you didn't bring it,,,where you could have placed / should have placed,,, is a moot point. When you have loaded weight classes 10 deep with studs,,,all the studs can't place,,,that is,,unless The Fockers take over and we start giving 9th & 10th place ribbons. I couldn't be more proud of my son who by the way didn't place,,,he wrestled tough,,,and thats all I really care about.

CC,,,sends

I completely agree, if a wrestler doesn't have a medal it's no one's fault but his. But never the less it's tough seeing a kid get knocked out of the constellations by 1 or 2 points to an eventual placer who dominates his opponent in a the finals. But like they say if it was easy everybody would place.

Didn't relize he was supposed to. Didn't relize they were there to impress YOU!!!!!!!!!! I don't think he cares whether or not he was suppose to impress you.... I'm sure the kids there that desearved to be there that walked away empty handed and gave it there best really don't give a rats A** whether or not they impressed YOU!!!!!!!!!! As a parent of two wrestlers I have watched several of the REGION 5 wrestlers and I personally watched the 135 from WILSON CENTRAL and he is an outstanding wrestler and he has a great BIG HEART.. I also know that he gives back to the AAU club with his little brother and the middle school kids.. so if your not impressed with a wrestler who could probly kick you BUTT all day long and TWICE on sunday... I don't think these BOYS CARE!!!! I also know that the 112 from Wilson Central should also should be added. 135 from Harpeth and Beach. I know that the 125 from Blackman was one of the best wrestlers there this weekend... Glad to see TANNER BATES from MJ win is weight class and finish a perfect 50-0 season.. But I'm sure he would be worried of he impressed you or not.

Good point and i really dont care what you think either tssaa made this tournament double elimination so there would be less good wrestlers getting left out he just wasnt good enough to place thats that and you get on here an awful lot talking about belcher witch leads me to belive your him and trying to make yourself feel better on here or your associated with him but if you dont care what i think the why the hostility?

Good point and i really dont care what you think either tssaa made this tournament double elimination so there would be less good wrestlers getting left out he just wasnt good enough to place thats that and you get on here an awful lot talking about belcher witch leads me to belive your him and trying to make yourself feel better on here or your associated with him but if you dont care what i think the why the hostility?

I'm not Belcher, The hositlity comes in when you disrespect any wrestler who has put in all summer and winter to a sport and give it your all and then tell them you were not impressed... This sport is not impressing you but putting it all out on the mat.. I know this is his senior year and this was a hard tournament to leave. I'm sure you will understand when its your senior year or your child'd senior year and someone gets on here and says things like NOT IMPRESSED. I know he is a Great wrestler and his was very impressive. I also know he has respect from other wrestlers in other regions as well as he respected him. All I am saying is you should not get on here and disprect someone who puts everything in a sport.

Grant Jones the 152 from Ravenwood probably should have medaled, questionable officiating cost him a spot on the stand

Nope I saw that match it was the right call. Not questionable at all don't get on here and complain when your wrestler gave up and got taken down and put to his back in less that 5 seconds that Heritage kid wrestled the whole six minutes.

Nope I saw that match it was the right call. Not questionable at all don't get on here and complain when your wrestler gave up and got taken down and put to his back in less that 5 seconds that Heritage kid wrestled the whole six minutes.

I saw that match too. It was truly amazing. A tuff one to swallow. I agree that it was a 2 point near fall. HOWEVER, I didn't see the referee count twice. Though he should have counted twice, he only counted once. I can see how the coach could have a gripe. Tuff one to lose.

Edited by russianbear