Media Coverage

hoosierdad

Did anybody notice the terrible coverage in Nashille for the wrestling this weekend. It appeared they only covered Williamson County. I know there is more wrestling than Williamson County than what was covered. Even the picture was from B'boro. Chattanooga covers everbody and we have, even news coverage of the event. The local paper was a disgrace. It appears they only cover the county and not the whole event.

Should we get the local paper in touch with B.B. and Ward so they know how to cover a wrestling event? Their coverage was far greater than the local paper at the tournament.

The local coverage was terrible!

Did anybody notice the terrible coverage in Nashille for the wrestling this weekend. It appeared they only covered Williamson County. I know there is more wrestling than Williamson County than what was covered. Even the picture was from B'boro. Chattanooga covers everbody and we have, even news coverage of the event. The local paper was a disgrace. It appears they only cover the county and not the whole event.

Should we get the local paper in touch with B.B. and Ward so they know how to cover a wrestling event? Their coverage was far greater than the local paper at the tournament.

Totally agree. Up here in Louisville we at least get the box score with a better story.

Based on the small turnout from the local schools, the coverage seems about right. I did see a video today, on CNN's web page that had Josue Brown, his parents and a nice story of his adoption and state championship. So...it did have a "national coverage" component to the event. Not sure who did the interview, but it was at the Cow Barn.

one would think that a story would surface about metro nashville's first 2 time state medalist in the girls division, but no. the local coverage all around was sadly lacking, but i dont think anyone in nashville really cares (which is the scariest part).

Based on the small turnout from the local schools, the coverage seems about right.

Small turnout from local schools? Do you think The Tennessean just serves the franklin area? I believe it is sold in Mt. Juliet, Cookeville, Clarksville, Madison, Spring Hill, Houston County, Murfreesboro, Tullahoma, and Franklin. All of these areas had kids in the D1 Finals, not to mention kids who were in D2.I would say coverage should have been better.

Maybe you guys who are complaining should all get together and cover the tourney, interview every single wrestler there and put pictures of each and every wrestler in the tourney in the paper then make sure it gets to every house in the state of tennessee, because it looks like, unless that happens, you wont be satisfied with the coverage it got. Oh yeah i forgot, you guys dont work for a newspaper, i forgot you guys dont work for the news. Maybe Mr. Patton from the Tennessean (who, mind you, keeps wrestling on the map by CONSTANTLY covering wrestling in the middle tn area, by the way his son is a pretty good 112 for Centennial i may add) and he can say you arent doing YOUR job good enough. Maybe he could publicly say you arent doing a good enough job at what you do. No? Then dont do it to him.

Personally Id like to say thanks to Mr. Patton and the Tennessean and the news stations for all of the coverage our state tourney got. We got a lot more coverage than we could have gotten, we could have walked out of that arena with people not knowing what happened there. Instead they decided to tell people.

Thanks guys.

Small turnout from local schools? Do you think The Tennessean just serves the franklin area? I believe it is sold in Mt. Juliet, Cookeville, Clarksville, Madison, Spring Hill, Houston County, Murfreesboro, Tullahoma, and Franklin. All of these areas had kids in the D1 Finals, not to mention kids who were in D2.I would say coverage should have been better.

NO, I do not think that the Tennessean just serves the Franklin area. I actually used Franklin as an example of a lack of fan support based on attendance at the Finals. But based on the support of those in attendance ( or even better, those not in attendance), then the coverage seems about right.

I was disappointed in the turnout at the barn. I just remember the discussions from last year about the local support and how wonderful it was going to be. I saw lots of empty seats and a small turnout for a state championship,,,,plus mice running around the ladies from Memphis. I wish they would have covered the rodent issues in the local papers, that would have been great!

NO, I do not think that the Tennessean just serves the Franklin area. I actually used Franklin as an example of a lack of fan support based on attendance at the Finals. But based on the support of those in attendance ( or even better, those not in attendance), then the coverage seems about right.

I was disappointed in the turnout at the barn. I just remember the discussions from last year about the local support and how wonderful it was going to be. I saw lots of empty seats and a small turnout for a state championship,,,,plus mice running around the ladies from Memphis. I wish they would have covered the rodent issues in the local papers, that would have been great!

I would ve liked to of watched it here in Chattanooga on T.V since i could nt go!!!!

Maybe you guys who are complaining should all get together and cover the tourney, interview every single wrestler there and put pictures of each and every wrestler in the tourney in the paper then make sure it gets to every house in the state of tennessee, because it looks like, unless that happens, you wont be satisfied with the coverage it got. Oh yeah i forgot, you guys dont work for a newspaper, i forgot you guys dont work for the news. Maybe Mr. Patton from the Tennessean (who, mind you, keeps wrestling on the map by CONSTANTLY covering wrestling in the middle tn area, by the way his son is a pretty good 112 for Centennial i may add) and he can say you arent doing YOUR job good enough. Maybe he could publicly say you arent doing a good enough job at what you do. No? Then dont do it to him.

Personally Id like to say thanks to Mr. Patton and the Tennessean and the news stations for all of the coverage our state tourney got. We got a lot more coverage than we could have gotten, we could have walked out of that arena with people not knowing what happened there. Instead they decided to tell people.

Thanks guys.

Were the state qualifiers ever listed in the paper??? I know region 6 and 7 were but thats all I saw. There could have been better coverage. I am not blaming anyone but it has been better in the past.

Thanks guys.

Are you serious? Put the Kool-aid down. The coverage has been horrible. I am embarrassed by it and have complained many times to the newspaper. If it is not the Titans or the Preds, forget it. However, reading your comment, you would think the coverage was great. IT IS/WAS NOT! I don't know who you are trying to smooze here, it is not working. You can thank Mr. Patton all you want; however, it does not change the truth.

Coverage? What Coverage? There was more coverage for the McCallie invitational and the Bradley tournament then there was the state traditional. If it wasn't for BBB and silverpie we would have been completely clueless.

Team Scores not updated, no coverage, tssaa website is from the Al Gore interweb days, a slow coacht, etc......... I know the TV coverage issue, but is a webcast out of the question or is the tssaa still say it will hurt the attendance?

Lets join the current age and make 2011/2012 a great year.