GreenFog

Here's my blind swing at the pinata:

Opening Round

(1) Friendship Christian wins over (4) Jackson County

(2) Gordonsville losses to (3) Clay County

(3) Red Boiling Springs losses to (2) Clarkrange

(4) Watertown losses to (1) Pickett County

Semifinals

(1) Friendship Christian wins over (2) Clarkrange (In a nail biter)

(1) Pickett County losses to (3) Clay County (Revenge is so sweet)

Championship

(1) Friendship Christian losses to (3) Clay County

Obviously, I'm just having fun and it probably won't go down like this. All 8 teams are capable of taking home the gold if they have 3 great games. There are many talented young men in this region, and I look forward to watching them square off. Good luck to everyone!

Well, I'm happier than a pup with two ________, as the old saying goes. My predictions from before Round 1 even started have held true. I couldn't be prouder of the boys in black and gold. They played their hearts out during this region tournament. With each passing game their effort grew, as did the talent of their opponents. They were able to overcome getting into foul trouble tonight by getting some great perfomances from their bench. Not only was it the best "team effort" that the Bulldogs have put together this season, it was the best "individual effort" from each of their players as well. You could see that they hustled and were focused throughout the game.

Friendship Christian is a whale of a ball club, and I'd hate for our boys to have to play them every night because I know that FCS would take their share of the victories. Tonight was just Clay's night.

I wish FCS good luck with CSAS and Clay good luck with Lookout Valley. I hope that both Region 4A teams make it to the state tournament.

Wow, what a great region tournament this has been.

Congrats to Clay Co for a hard fought game last night. These two teams are about as even as it gets. We had several chances to get on top by halftime but the short shots and follow ups just wouldn't fall. And Clay hit their PRESSURE free throws and we didn't. Congrats to Boles for getting MVP, he deserved it.

Clay Co kept its adversity even after getting 3 T's called on them for just showing emotion...its a huge game and these kids get caught up in game situations and show some emotion on the whistle....but Coach Edwards did a good job of keeping them in control.

Clay gets Lookout Valley at their place and we will travel to CSAS for another HARD game and place to win. Good luck to both teams!