Region 4A

GreenFog

So the 8 teams in Region 4 will go at it starting Saturday Feb 26th @ 4 different locations weeding out 4 teams and the winners of those 4 games will advance to Watertown next week.

7A teams have Clarkrange vs Pickett Co (championship game) and Clay Co vs Jackson Co (consolation game)

8A teams have Gordonsville vs FCS (championship game) and Watertown vs RBS (consolation game)

All 4 teams in the championship games will play at home Saturday with the other 4 teams in the consolation games having to travel.

Regardless of the outcome on Tuesday night FCS will be hosting Clay Co or Jackson Co Saturday which will send one of us home for good. I would have thought that this match up would have been in Watertown for the semi's or finals. But you got to face them sooner or later.......

Any thoughts? We know what Clay Co has but haven't played Jackson Co yet and as for me I haven't seen them play. I think I read where one FCS supporter went and watched them play.

Should be some good Saturday night match ups.

So the 8 teams in Region 4 will go at it starting Saturday Feb 26th @ 4 different locations weeding out 4 teams and the winners of those 4 games will advance to Watertown next week.

7A teams have Clarkrange vs Pickett Co (championship game) and Clay Co vs Jackson Co (consolation game)

8A teams have Gordonsville vs FCS (championship game) and Watertown vs RBS (consolation game)

All 4 teams in the championship games will play at home Saturday with the other 4 teams in the consolation games having to travel.

Regardless of the outcome on Tuesday night FCS will be hosting Clay Co or Jackson Co Saturday which will send one of us home for good. I would have thought that this match up would have been in Watertown for the semi's or finals. But you got to face them sooner or later.......

Any thoughts? We know what Clay Co has but haven't played Jackson Co yet and as for me I haven't seen them play. I think I read where one FCS supporter went and watched them play.

Should be some good Saturday night match ups.

I expect FCS to have no problems with either of these teams. Jackson Co. relies heavily on Godwin and he will be tough to guard man to man. Clarkrange was pretty successful playing zone all night.

7A

1. Pickett Co

2. Clarkrange

3. Clay Co

4. Jackson Co

8A

1. FCS

2. Gordonsville

3. RBS

4. Watertown

Match ups:

Watertown travels to Pickett Co

RBS travels to Clarkrange

Clay Co travels to Gordonsville

Jackson Co travels to FCS

Any thoughts?

7A

1. Pickett Co

2. Clarkrange

3. Clay Co

4. Jackson Co

8A

1. FCS

2. Gordonsville

3. RBS

4. Watertown

Match ups:

Watertown travels to Pickett Co

RBS travels to Clarkrange

Clay Co travels to Gordonsville

Jackson Co travels to FCS

Any thoughts?

Going to be some good basketball in the Region tournament would be my prediction. I am thinking that a District 7A sweep may be in order this year. PC over Watertown by 11. Clarkrange over RBS in a close one...possibly being decided by free throws at the end. Clay County over Gordonsville by 7 at Gordonsville. Jackson County pulling the upset in Lebanon over FCS by 3. Jackson County being healthy will determine the outcome of this game. They were obviously sick last night, and several of their players did not look too good...trying to gut it out and play but it was obvious they were feeling under the weather. I think all 4 of these games will produce some good basketball..too bad they all play on the same night and we must choose one. Good luck to all the district 7A teams..hopefully we can break out the brooms Saturday night....

Going to be some good basketball in the Region tournament would be my prediction. I am thinking that a District 7A sweep may be in order this year. PC over Watertown by 11. Clarkrange over RBS in a close one...possibly being decided by free throws at the end. Clay County over Gordonsville by 7 at Gordonsville. Jackson County pulling the upset in Lebanon over FCS by 3. Jackson County being healthy will determine the outcome of this game. They were obviously sick last night, and several of their players did not look too good...trying to gut it out and play but it was obvious they were feeling under the weather. I think all 4 of these games will produce some good basketball..too bad they all play on the same night and we must choose one. Good luck to all the district 7A teams..hopefully we can break out the brooms Saturday night....

You sound like a district 8 homer, no way does your district sweep ours. You must be on crack.

You sound like a district 8 homer, no way does your district sweep ours. You must be on crack.

No broom will be needed Saturday night. Awful confident aren't you? JC better get healthly. FCS will be ready for this game. JC was healthy the night I went and watched them lose to Clarkrange. The key is to slow down Godwin with good defense. We will be ready and all other 7A teams better not be over confident on our district either.

No broom will be needed Saturday night. Awful confident aren't you? JC better get healthly. FCS will be ready for this game. JC was healthy the night I went and watched them lose to Clarkrange. The key is to slow down Godwin with good defense. We will be ready and all other 7A teams better not be over confident on our district either.

I'm thinking it will probably be a split. I think Jackson County may upset FC but the other 2 upsets I look to happen is Gordonsville to beat Clay County and RBS to beat Clarkrange...

Here's my blind swing at the pinata:

Opening Round

(1) Friendship Christian wins over (4) Jackson County

(2) Gordonsville losses to (3) Clay County

(3) Red Boiling Springs losses to (2) Clarkrange

(4) Watertown losses to (1) Pickett County

Semifinals

(1) Friendship Christian wins over (2) Clarkrange (In a nail biter)

(1) Pickett County losses to (3) Clay County (Revenge is so sweet)

Championship

(1) Friendship Christian losses to (3) Clay County

Obviously, I'm just having fun and it probably won't go down like this. All 8 teams are capable of taking home the gold if they have 3 great games. There are many talented young men in this region, and I look forward to watching them square off. Good luck to everyone!

Heard Godwin and McMillan still have the flu and haven't been to school. If they cant go it won't be close :popcorneater:

You are most definately right...of all the teams it seems FCS and PC is playing the best ball, but just a couple of weeks ago Clay County was red hot and then they get crushed by FCS and lose to PC in the tournament, so who knows what's going to happen...

McMillian with the flu and had 19 pts the other night vs Clay......Maybe he ought to forget the meds and let it linger.

evidently you don't know he didn't play but a few minutes and don't think he scored but Mcdowell scored 19 Godwin going half speed had 13 and Ragland like Mcmillan played only a few minutes in the last half. JC had to go with two starters that were not effected and roll fill with the subs who played hard but Clay co is a good team that can beat any team in this region full speed if you fail to bring your A game.

Edited by senator