District 7a

swanson71

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think JC has a legitimate shot of upsetting the Wildcats this year. They return 7 of the 9 starters, however the bench isn't as deep as in years past. That could be the Achilles heel down the stretch with possible injuries. I predict JC and Monterey split in the season, and JC upsets Monterey in the District Championship. We are still going to be looking for Collier, a Columbia State signee, to send people back to the bench. Good luck to all teams.

I agree with you JC has a very good chance to give Coach King his first district championship! Coach Looper will not let that be done easily though. . I can only hope I will be able to make it to a few more games this year! :popcorneater: I hope HAMMER has the boys in blue ready for a good season! JC baseball has come a very long way from years ago! Glad I got to be a part of it! Good luck to the young men in the boro and the rest of the district!

What about Clay County, Pickett County, and Clarkrange...anything good coming out of these 3 teams?

Pickett County and Clarkrange could sneak up on JC or Monterey, but I don't see that happening. Coach King and Coach Looper both are great coaches and teach their boys not to overlook anyone. As for Clay Co., may have 1 win in the district this season. There was talk last year of there being no baseball in Clay Co. Luckily they found a coach, but still have a very weak team. Jordan Raines, who was in the rotation for JC last year, made the move to Clay Co. and quite possibly will be their best player. The kid hits good and throws hard, but if you get in his head and get a couple hits on him he is done. Good luck to all teams! Looking for a great season. :popcorneater:

Pickett County and Clarkrange could sneak up on JC or Monterey, but I don't see that happening. Coach King and Coach Looper both are great coaches and teach their boys not to overlook anyone. As for Clay Co., may have 1 win in the district this season. There was talk last year of there being no baseball in Clay Co. Luckily they found a coach, but still have a very weak team. Jordan Raines, who was in the rotation for JC last year, made the move to Clay Co. and quite possibly will be their best player. The kid hits good and throws hard, but if you get in his head and get a couple hits on him he is done. Good luck to all teams! Looking for a great season. :popcorneater:

Jackson County has the athletes to do it, but it's just so tough beating Monterey. Since Upperman left this district Monterey has only been beaten out 1 time for the district championship, so they've started and kept the tradition of winning this district for over a decade now...Monterey is the king of the hill and it'll be tough to de-thrown them.

Edited by swanson71

• 2 weeks later...

Got a chance to see JC in a scrimmage tonight . . They looked pretty good. . Got a lot of talented players . . Looks like they have a legitimate shot this year!

In the 2 scrimmage games JC has played they beat RBS 13-1, and Van Buren Co. 12-3 was the score I believe. 3 different players have done put the ball over the fence hitting it 350 feet plus each. Someone may correct me but 3 HR in 2 games is pretty impressive. In the past 5 or 6 years there has probably been less than 10 HR hit, and most of those were hit at smaller parks. These boys are killing the ball.

Van Buren had some pitchers that were throwin pretty hard as well. . Had some control issues but when they were there JC was puttin it in play . . 3 hr's in 2 games is really good for the baseball around this area. . Saw Driver and Broyles go deep against VB . . All these young men looked loose and Coach King seemed as excited as I'd ever seen him. . I think with the addition of Mr. Bush as an assistant JC has a bright bright future! He's a very respectful young man and knows the game of baseball as well as anyone! And NO Cookeville you can't have Coach Bush he bleeds blue now! Lol

Well if anyone in this district wants to make it to sub-state it's they're going to have to win it. I knew JC was returning a lot from last year, including their best pitcher. I figured they would give Monterey a run for their money, what I do not know is how Monterey is fairing this year!

Van Buren had some pitchers that were throwin pretty hard as well. . Had some control issues but when they were there JC was puttin it in play . . 3 hr's in 2 games is really good for the baseball around this area. . Saw Driver and Broyles go deep against VB . . All these young men looked loose and Coach King seemed as excited as I'd ever seen him. . I think with the addition of Mr. Bush as an assistant JC has a bright bright future! He's a very respectful young man and knows the game of baseball as well as anyone! And NO Cookeville you can't have Coach Bush he bleeds blue now! Lol

What exactly is Coach Bush's coaching specialty? I have heard he played ball at Freed-Hardeman. Anyway it is great to see someone closer to the boy's age here. He seems to provide a great coaching mentality, as well as someone the boys can connect with. Good luck to JC in their upcoming tournament in Athens, TN. Let's start the season 3-0