District 7a

swanson71

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Years ago the top 3 teams in the district were Clarkrange, RBS, and Monterey and was like that for 3 or 4 year. Then Clarkrange fell completely off the radar and finished last each and every year nearly. I'm glad they've come along and started competing well again, I saw were they beat Monterey so that's a big improvement in itself right there...

JC improved to 5-0 in the district and 10-4 overall after scoring 11 runs in the 7th inning Tuesday night at Clarkrange. The games first pitch was supposed to be thrown at 4 o'clock, however the umpires must've not gotten the memo and did not show up until 6. Clarkrange again held the game close throughout but again seemed to give up in the later innings. JC travels to Monterey Monday night where they will show they are the team to beat in District 7A. Good Luck Blue Devils. Hoping to see some more balls leave the yard. :popcorneater:

JC improves to 6-0 and cliches #1 Seed in District 7-A tournament. I also got my wish to see more balls leave the yard, Stewart hit his first career HR tonight in the top of the 5th to make the final score, JC 14 - Monterey 0.

Congrats to JC on the win and clinching the #1 seed in 7a. I have never seen Monterey struggle this much and I don't think i've ever seen them lose more than 2 district games during the season. The district is as down as i've ever seen it and Jackson County has a pretty good team and Jackson County is bullying everyone around. However, after looking at everything I do not think they'll make it out of the region. Jackson County is cruising with the district with ease and bearing some huge pick up, probably won't be challenged for this district. Not playing any meaningful challenging games hurts a team. Close games are good against non district opponents, but cruising through an easy district only hurts a team rather than preparing them to advance come tournament time. However, again congrats and I hope Jackson County wins this district because I can't think of a coach more deserving than Coach King.

JC beat Watertown tonight 6-2, so it looks like they are doing fine in Region 4, they have already split with Gordonsville, beat Watertown twice, and lost to FCS in a game where JC pitched 2 kids who had never stepped foot on a mound before. So it obviously seems they can compete in this Region. They will have one more test in Trousdale Co. right before tournament time.

JC beat Watertown tonight 6-2, so it looks like they are doing fine in Region 4, they have already split with Gordonsville, beat Watertown twice, and lost to FCS in a game where JC pitched 2 kids who had never stepped foot on a mound before. So it obviously seems they can compete in this Region. They will have one more test in Trousdale Co. right before tournament time.

They are able to compete in the region, but playing in an easy district doesn't help them come region tournament time. The game will be a completely different atmosphere when they meet up with Gordonsville or Trousdale in the region tournament. But good luck and I hope you guys go far...

They are able to compete in the region, but playing in an easy district doesn't help them come region tournament time. The game will be a completely different atmosphere when they meet up with Gordonsville or Trousdale in the region tournament. But good luck and I hope you guys go far...

So, are you saying that everyone else will pump it up a notch and JC won't? Because honestly, only one team has came into JC and got a win this year. That was Gordonsville, and the game was played with one umpire. JC is going to bring it come tournament time. Great group of kids that love to play baseball. Drive by the field on the weekends, you'll see some of the boys down there working and getting better.

So, are you saying that everyone else will pump it up a notch and JC won't? Because honestly, only one team has came into JC and got a win this year. That was Gordonsville, and the game was played with one umpire. JC is going to bring it come tournament time. Great group of kids that love to play baseball. Drive by the field on the weekends, you'll see some of the boys down there working and getting better.

I never said JC wouldn't pump it up and play good in the tournament. But how many other teams in the district are the caliber of Friendship, Trousdale, and Gordsonville? There isn't one team other than JC that would beat any of those 3 teams, in my opinion anyway. Jackson County plays them during the season and that is good, but it is not the same or means as much as it would be if it was a district game or a tournament game. Trousdale County and Gordonsville will be the more prepared because of the level of competition they've faced during the season in the district and in the tournament. 7 of the last 11 years 8a's 2nd place team has beatn 7a's 1st place team. It isn't because they're just better, but the level of competition in the district, year in and year out, is at a better level which prepares to face the 7a champion coming out. I have seen enough, and even played little, to know what I say is true. Jackson County has a very good team this year, but playing in a weak district like 7a is this year doesn't help them.

Edited by swanson71

I never said JC wouldn't pump it up and play good in the tournament. But how many other teams in the district are the caliber of Friendship, Trousdale, and Gordsonville? There isn't one team other than JC that would beat any of those 3 teams, in my opinion anyway. Jackson County plays them during the season and that is good, but it is not the same or means as much as it would be if it was a district game or a tournament game. Trousdale County and Gordonsville will be the more prepared because of the level of competition they've faced during the season in the district and in the tournament. 7 of the last 11 years 8a's 2nd place team has beatn 7a's 1st place team. It isn't because they're just better, but the level of competition in the district, year in and year out, is at a better level which prepares to face the 7a champion coming out. I have seen enough, and even played little, to know what I say is true. Jackson County has a very good team this year, but playing in a weak district like 7a is this year doesn't help them.

Have you seen the rest of their schedule? Outside of their district, JC has not really played any slack teams. They have played and beaten Livingston. Lost a 2 run game to McMinn Central, (may be wrong on number of runs, but i know that game went 7 innings.) They still have to play Smith Co. The point is just because they are in a weak district, doesn't mean they won't compete against 8A. If JC was in 8A they would shake things up there and could compete for the championship there as well. Don't ever count a small team like JC out, they have a lot of heart, and a lot of times the heart of a team can beat talent of another.

I've watched and studied Jackson Co throughout their season, and I have to agree that they will be a tough team to beat when it comes down to it. I think that Columbia State signee, Jordan Collier, will be a huge force on the mound. He was having some control issues early in the season, but I think that he has settled down and with his 85+ FB and all his offspeed will shine through when it comes down to it. He seems like a really tough kid. Hobie Leonard and Peyton Broyles also offer strong relief. Most of all, JC has also been hitting the ball very well this year, something they haven't done in a long time. These tools could lead them out of regions, but I have one suggestion for Coach King. He needs to not let these kids throw so many innings, the Gordonsville game was lost by doing this. Change it up some. But other than that I wish them the best.

I've watched and studied Jackson Co throughout their season, and I have to agree that they will be a tough team to beat when it comes down to it. I think that Columbia State signee, Jordan Collier, will be a huge force on the mound. He was having some control issues early in the season, but I think that he has settled down and with his 85+ FB and all his offspeed will shine through when it comes down to it. He seems like a really tough kid. Hobie Leonard and Peyton Broyles also offer strong relief. Most of all, JC has also been hitting the ball very well this year, something they haven't done in a long time. These tools could lead them out of regions, but I have one suggestion for Coach King. He needs to not let these kids throw so many innings, the Gordonsville game was lost by doing this. Change it up some. But other than that I wish them the best.

Coach Bush was a HUGE pick up for JC. He played at Freed and has been working with the boys in the cages. Jackson Co. can get a hit at any point in their line-up. This is the best I have seen them 1-9 in the line-up. The biggest point of improvement has to be the hitting of Justin Stewart. He lead the team in strikeouts last year with 76, but this year he is quite possibly leading the team in batting average. As long as they keep hitting the ball and stay solid in the field, they could still be playing after graduation.