Hillcrest Disqualified

btownbasketball

Tennessee is going to stand by Bruce even if he is suspended for a year from coaching. This is what Brett Hubbs is posting.

Brett Hubbs also said MJ Brown was going to UT as a walk on...LOL just messing with you

Trust me, other people in the know and close to this whole thing are saying Bruce Pearl is gone. Good chance he gets a two year show cause handed down against him. This is an NCAA deal and they are going to force UT's hand on this. The big Boosters will have ZERO say when this is all said and done.

I was just telling somebody today the only people that think Pearl will survive are UT fans. Pearl himself said a couple of weeks ago he didn't know if he would survive this or not. The man has worked all season without a contract, even though UT has had one available for him to sign since early November. The reason he won't sign the deal is because it gives UT an out because of the language. This is a legal deal between Pearl and the University and several million dollars at stake. It's very complicated. Their also seems to be two factions as far as boosters, one that wants to ride it out and another that wants him gone.

Again, this is an NCAA deal. Recruiting sites and fan sites have no information whatsoever. They know what is being told to them by insiders. But, this is beyond the reach of what insiders know.

What you said could be true about them sticking beside him. But, like I said this is bigger than what the boosters and Pearl supporters can control. The University will probably cut the cord before the appeal in hopes of the NCAA taking it easy on them.

Lying to the NCAA and giving them the middle finger while doing so is a big deal.

Attempting to influence the testimony of a recruits parents the same day that they have to answer questions before the NCAA is a big deal.

A charge of failure to monitor the programs is a MAJOR VIOLATION.

Excessive phone calls to recruits is a big NO NO because every coach in the country was put on notice with that, after what happened to Kelvin Sampson.

There is more too.

This is going to be bad for UT. I think the next coach cold be Greg Marshall.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tthe other players on this team had to have known what was going on also. It sounds as if this team went Calipari!!!!! I think the coach should be held accountable, though. The athletic director, too. You can't tell me these guys didn't know what they were doing. It is the same as what is going on at UT--Bruce Pearl should be gone as well as Mike Hamilton. Bruce Pearl in tears crying about openly lying and breaking rules, no matter how minor, and then going out 4 days later and making impermissable contact AGAIN is ludicrous. If we start holding these AD's and coaches accountable this kind of stuff wont keep happening.

What brings Calipari into this?

• 2 weeks later...

Tennessee is going to stand by Bruce even if he is suspended for a year from coaching. This is what Brett Hubbs is posting.

Tell Brett Hubbs he is a day late and a dollar short on the Bruce Pearl situation and his inside baseball information is and has been off the mark for months now as far as Pearl goes. You can't always trust the fan sites. Sometimes they have good information and other times they can't see things as they truly are because of to much KOOL AID. Pearl is gone....time to start a search for the next head coach.

Rumor around here is Pearl has been making overtures, behind the scenes, to Gleason. He thinks he can build them boys from Tater Town into a state High School Power.

Edited by yankees8589

Tell Brett Hubbs he is a day late and a dollar short on the Bruce Pearl situation and his inside baseball information is and has been off the mark for months now as far as Pearl goes. You can't always trust the fan sites. Sometimes they have good information and other times they can't see things as they truly are because of to much KOOL AID. Pearl is gone....time to start a search for the next head coach.

Rumor around here is Pearl has been making overtures, behind the scenes, to Gleason. He thinks he can build them boys from Tater Town into a state High School Power.

I will have to agree,Pearl is gone and he knows it,he has no one to blame but himself.