23 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes it?

• Macon Co.
    • Manassas

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Macon Co (28-3) takesn on Manassas (27-7) in the first round of the AA State tourney ...who takes it and why???

I will take Macon. They have a good post game as well as guard play. The bracket is as favorable as you could hope for so take advantage.

I will take Macon. They have a good post game as well as guard play. The bracket is as favorable as you could hope for so take advantage.

Beware any of the Memphis teams who advance this far,regardless of their record.Memphis is unusual in the fact that they pretty much all play each other down there and the smaller A and AA schools play up rather than travel.Memphis also has serveral state calibre teams within the city,so a not so great record does not necessairaly mean a not so great team.I've not seen them play,but to have made it to the 'Boro they had to have knocked out one of the rural West Tn. teams,and there were some very good ones this season.Not making a prediction because I know very little about either team,just my two cents worth.

If you guys can handle there press, you will be fine. They have some height and quickness but they don't shoot the ball well. I don't see them doing well with a good officating crew. (You can call it sour grapes on my part, but we didn't shoot our 1st FT until the end of the 3rd quarter compared to their 16. We got outshot 25-5 at the FT line for the game. We pretty much gave up going into the lane in the 3rd quarter because we couldn't get a foul called. We still should have overcome that but we missed some shots we usually hit and we had breakdowns in the 4th qtr on defense to lose the lead.) They are very aggresive. They do alot of handchecking and banging around on defense. They crash the boards really hard on both ends, if you block out, you should get alot of over the back calls. There offense is based on driving it to the basket or throwing it up and getting the rebound for the put back. They have some athletism but if you guys play fundamental basketball, or don't get rattled by their physical play, you should do well.

Macon has played two very close games to win sectional and region title. This could be a great benefit if it comes down to crunch time and game is on the line. Macon has multiple options to go to if comes to this. And I would almost bet the farm that Macon will be the team that brings the most fans. Go Tigerettes!!!!!

Macon has played two very close games to win sectional and region title. This could be a great benefit if it comes down to crunch time and game is on the line. Macon has multiple options to go to if comes to this. And I would almost bet the farm that Macon will be the team that brings the most fans. Go Tigerettes!!!!!

Yeah, this is a great group of girls. Any one player can get hot at anytime. I just hope they don't go into this game feeling a little too confident. This side of the bracket seems to be a big advantage, but any of these teams are capable of pulling out a win at this point.

Oh, and when did you become such a betting man, teachervol?

Congrats to Macon County on making it to the tournament. Macon County, as an actual county, will be taking 2 high school girls teams to the state tournament, Macon County Tigers and RBS Bulldogs...how many county's can say they did that?

Macon County got a favorable match up to make a run at the state championship...good luck to these girls and hope they can bring home gold to their school!

Congrats to Macon County on making it to the tournament. Macon County, as an actual county, will be taking 2 high school girls teams to the state tournament, Macon County Tigers and RBS Bulldogs...how many county's can say they did that?

Macon County got a favorable match up to make a run at the state championship...good luck to these girls and hope they can bring home gold to their school!

You are right, swanson! And if they CAN say that....how many can say ALL their HS girls teams made it to state? Seeing how we only have two High Schools, I think thats a pretty good average!

Good Luck to RBS. I'm glad we have back to back games. Hopefully this county will pull together and show some AWESOME support for BOTH these teams!

Edited by Tennesseefanatic

Rutherford County has 2 in AAA, Riverdale and Blackman.