Red Boilling Springs -vs - Wayne county

catsfan01

47-29 with 2:25 to go. Great season for RBS but they didn't have it today. Tough day for region 4.

That it was ... a tough day for Region 4! Lets hope the Region 4 Clay Co boys can have better luck next week. Maybe Macon Girls will pull out a W for us! At this point you gotta go for the team closest to home!

First of all congrats to the Lady Cats! We came out a little shaky in the first half, the nerves were showing for both teams. After halftime though the Cats turned it on and never looked back.

Next, let me say that I was disappointed at the lack of sportsmanship some in the RBS crowd displayed. It started with a lot of Booing when our girls were being announced, No Class. I guess I expect better at this level. I could have got past that if it were not for one of the signs being held up by RBS students. The sign was derogatory toward one of our players and I'm shocked that RBS parents and/or faculty members didn't put a stop to it. Very disappointed.

Edited by WildcatGrad

First of all congrats to the Lady Cats! We came out a little shaky in the first half, the nerves were showing for both teams. After halftime though the Cats turned it on and never looked back.

Next, let me say that I was disappointed at the lack of sportsmanship some in the RBS crowd displayed. It started with a lot of Booing when our girls were being announced, No Class. I guess I expect better at this level. I could have got past that if it were not for one of the signs being held up by RBS students. The sign was derogatory toward one of our players and I'm shocked that RBS parents and/or faculty members didn't put a stop to it. Very disappointed.

Lol shut the heck up.

Exactly the lack of class and sportsmanship I am talking about.

Well you're on here complaining about a bunch of kids, which is where it was coming from so what else do you expect to be said to you? Granted the sign was probably uncalled for, I wasn't there so I don't know what it said, and probably should have been stopped. However, complaing about booing...really? In the history of all student sections they boo the other team. It's not disrespectful but it's just what they do. I'm sure Wayne County has had a student section do the samething at some point this year, but we never notice anything our team does bad, its always the other team huh :roll:. You're calling RBS fans classless, ok I guess so, but you're on here complaining about what a bunch of kids does, what does that say about you?

Edited by swanson71

Well you're on here complaining about a bunch of kids, which is where it was coming from so what else do you expect to be said to you? Granted the sign was probably uncalled for, I wasn't there so I don't know what it said, and probably should have been stopped. However, complaing about booing...really? In the history of all student sections they boo the other team. It's not disrespectful but it's just what they do. I'm sure Wayne County has had a student section do the samething at some point this year, but we never notice anything our team does bad, its always the other team huh :roll:. You're calling RBS fans classless, ok I guess so, but you're on here complaining about what a bunch of kids does, what does that say about you?

I agree,Swaney.

First let me say that I'm all for letting the students have a good time and enjoy the game. I love seeing a spirited student section cheering together, having shout wars with the opposing students, etc. But I'm looking at this from an overall perspective, the boos were not just an isolated few students. It was a large portion of the crowd, adults included. (Yes we have a few who want to act like idiots from time to time but they don't get a free pass. We had some show up today that hadn't been to a tourney game since districts and they started in booing. All it took was a polite request to stop). My main issue was with the sign, and not even the fact that the kids displayed it, but the fact that no adult told them to stop! The sign was way out of line and since no one took the opportunity to tell these kids then they can assume it was acceptable behavior.

I know that all RBS fans aren't like this and wouldn't approve. If and when one of our students acts this way I hope someone is bold enough to point it out and call it what it is.