Foul Play

shombody

or let the ref's do there jobs have they been the best no but you have to sorta expect it and not blame them for your teams not playing well

Memphis Central just scored 19 more point at the free throw line than S Hill 9 free ones to 29 can you say ONE sided and The Hill still just lost by 7 :roflolk:

• Upvote 1

I am sure there is more to the story than what you posted here.

I did not see what happenend but is it possible, due to your reference of coming out in 2 lines, that when they entered the court they split into 2 lines around the opposing team's end of the floor? Again, I did not see this but just making an assumtion based on your post.

If they actually did this, it is an automatic technical foul (no judgement).

One line went to the left of Loretto the other went under the basket and down the right side of the court. Then they met at midcourt. I thought it was illegal, I've seen it called once in all the years I've been attending games.

One line went to the left of Loretto the other went under the basket and down the right side of the court. Then they met at midcourt. I thought it was illegal, I've seen it called once in all the years I've been attending games.

It's a technical foul for taunting and has been emphasized by the TSSAA for years. A team can not "circle" the opposing team when entering the court, nor can a team dissect thru the opposing team when entering the court. Doesn't matter if it's in November or March.

Not necessarily a significant problem in Tennessee, but the rule was adapted to prevent taunts during the warm-up period that could escalate to something much worse during the game. :thumb:

Memphis Central just scored 19 more point at the free throw line than S Hill 9 free ones to 29 can you say ONE sided and The Hill still just lost by 7 :roflolk:

What other statistics are supposed to be "equalized" by the refs? Maybe turnovers, field goal attempts, number of substitutions, etc.?

When one team attempts more FT's, it tells me that the overwhelming majority of the time, it's due to one team fouling more than the other. There may be exceptions, but they are few and far in between.

As an innocent bystander at this game.....loretto/north Greene, have got to say the refs were pretty bad. Just my opinion. They did not however cause Loretto to lose. Both teams started slow, then 32 for n greene got hot!

I too was an "innocent bystander"... While the quality of officiating wasn't very good, (especially the older balding gentleman), the quality of the game wasn't near what I expected for a state semifinal game. Not to hurt anyone's feelings, but the game was rough and things seemed out of whack for the entire first half - players and officials.

It appeared that the officials may have been surprised by the poor play and didn't respond well in the first half. The second half was much better by officials and teams.

This "innocent bystander" thinks the officials didn't win or lose the game for either team. N. Greene simply played better at key moments in the 2nd half.

All you have to do is walk up the steps between sections Q & R. They are all right there pattng themselves on the back. Poking and joking with each other as they watch the fine jobs they take turns at on the floor.

Do you really think in this "GOOD OLE BOY" network you could really get an honest evaluation? Can't decide with old addage to thow out here..... three blind mice or blind leading the blind.

I think with the bad economy and so many people without jobs you have alot of refs just doing it to make a little extra money and don't care about the game and don't care about doing a good job. I think they ought to go back to using just 2 refs 2 do just as good as 3 this way they could cull out the bad ones and save the schools a little money. To help grade the refs have each coach after each game grade each ref and turn it into the tssaa. I also think the refs should tell each team how they are going to call the game. Tell them if they are not going to call hand checking, 3 sec, walking, carring the ball, ect. People say refs don't win or lose games but sometimes they do by how they let a game be played.

What other statistics are supposed to be "equalized" by the refs? Maybe turnovers, field goal attempts, number of substitutions, etc.?

When one team attempts more FT's, it tells me that the overwhelming majority of the time, it's due to one team fouling more than the other. There may be exceptions, but they are few and far in between.

Well played game by both teams turn overs was just 8 SH 4 MC I have never seen so many fouls called in a State Tourney before its like there out there to be seen instead of letting

:popcorneater: them play they earn it

That's the usual SH response to losing... Blame the refs

Ill let you know NOW im not blaming no one MC was a very good team but i really dont think no team so shoot over 20 more free throws in a game that has TWO good teams playing.So you DONT know what your talking about barb i guess your team has never been beat so you dont look and see were the game was lost or won at this game was lost at the free throw line were a TEAM shot 25 more free throws in a 7 point game :roflol: