Foul Play

shombody

Ill let you know NOW im not blaming no one MC was a very good team but i really dont think no team so shoot over 20 more free throws in a game that has TWO good teams playing.So you DONT know what your talking about barb i guess your team has never been beat so you dont look and see were the game was lost or won at this game was lost at the free throw line were a TEAM shot 25 more free throws in a 7 point game :roflol:

been on the losing end of a couple of games against those slap-happy Lady Hilltoppers.....

I think with the bad economy and so many people without jobs you have alot of refs just doing it to make a little extra money and don't care about the game and don't care about doing a good job. I think they ought to go back to using just 2 refs 2 do just as good as 3 this way they could cull out the bad ones and save the schools a little money. To help grade the refs have each coach after each game grade each ref and turn it into the tssaa. I also think the refs should tell each team how they are going to call the game. Tell them if they are not going to call hand checking, 3 sec, walking, carring the ball, ect. People say refs don't win or lose games but sometimes they do by how they let a game be played.

I will respectfully disagree with you...#1 I do think they like the extra money but ido think they care about doing a good job even more...you can get extra money doing middle school and JV games with less headache...I just think that being a ref is probably the HARDEST of all officials in TSSAA...LOTS OF QUICK JUDGEMENT CALLS and one side is gonna agree and another is gonna disagree

I think with the bad economy and so many people without jobs you have alot of refs just doing it to make a little extra money and don't care about the game and don't care about doing a good job. I think they ought to go back to using just 2 refs 2 do just as good as 3 this way they could cull out the bad ones and save the schools a little money. To help grade the refs have each coach after each game grade each ref and turn it into the tssaa. I also think the refs should tell each team how they are going to call the game. Tell them if they are not going to call hand checking, 3 sec, walking, carring the ball, ect. People say refs don't win or lose games but sometimes they do by how they let a game be played.

Does anybody call walking, 3 seconds and carrying the ball anymore? Seems like those violations have become somewhat subjective.

Yes and yes. Unfortunately, you are seeing the highest rated ones.

Watching the STATE AA FINALS yesterday I could not believe whom was refing. The ref has to be one of the worst of all time, we had him multiple times this year, could not call a 3 second count, let players actually come over the backs (no calls) and then make picky touch touch fouls, MR INCONSISTANT, if this ref was one of the highest rated the whole system in TSSAA is a :roflol:

Edited by mtnman80

Years ago, when I was a naive fan, I thought that the refs invited to the State Tournament were the "Best of the Best".

However, after watching both girls and boys State Tournament games over the past 25 years, I have come to the conclusion that the refs on Wednesday thru Friday are only those who are either retired or able to take off work during the week. Then, on Saturday, they pick the worst from the prior 3 days and ask them back for the Championship games. With the T$$AA jumping the admission to $10/$12 per person, you would think that they could afford competent officials. Once again, they are making a joke of the entire system.

Watching the STATE AA FINALS yesterday I could not believe whom was refing. The ref has to be one of the worst of all time, we had him multiple times this year, could not call a 3 second count, let players actually come over the backs (no calls) and then make picky touch touch fouls, MR INCONSISTANT, if this ref was one of the highest rated the whole system in TSSAA is a :roflol:

Who the white haired ref? Yes you are right he is one of the worst. I saw him region 4 AAA and couldn't beleive how bad he was and I hoping that would be his last games of the year but someone must think he is good but they are wrong.