SBEC JOB OPEN PER TSSAA.ORG

BARTLETTHSGRAD04

Southern Baptist Educational Center (SBEC) has an opening for the position of Head Football Coach. School day responsibilities to be determined. Coaching a secondary sport would be expected. If interested please send resumeï¾’ to Mrs. Amy Darby at adarby@sbectrojans.com . For additional information please visit www.sbectrojans.com. (03/15/2011)

Anyone know what happend?

• 2 weeks later...

Heard a rumor this morning that a somewhat wealthier competitor undergoing coaching changes made an offer he couldn't refuse financially to be an assistant...good move for his family all around. If so, then a big congrats to him. Actually, even if not, congrats to anybody making a move they really feel led to make. He did a super job with the kids this past year and really left some nice pieces (and attitudes) in place especially at the skill positions for the next coach. SBEC was really fortunate to have Coach Veazey in place for so long it was easy to feel insulated from the marketplace when it came to football...but it happens. Good luck Coach Carter. Great job, coach.

Normally I'd not feel good about passing on an unconfirmed rumor but there just isn't anything sinister to report and apparently it's not a secret at all.

Edited by Trojan Fan

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What the heck.. I'll copy and paste. Anybody know anything about Sam Pearson?

-----------------------------

Brad Kimberlin has always wanted to be a head football coach, now his dream has come true as he was named the head football coach at Southern Baptist Educational Center on Friday.

Kimberlin who also serves as the Athletic Director at SBEC replaces David Carter who led the Trojans to a 6-6 record and a Division II-A playoff appearance in his only season as head coach.

Carter left SBEC to become the defensive coordinator at St. George’s in February, when he was hired at SBEC last season he replaced Butch Veazey who left SBEC to go to Lewisburg, Mississippi after serving 20 years at SBEC.

Besides hiring Kimberlin, SBEC also announced the hiring of offensive coordinator Sam Pearson who brings over 20 years head coaching experience to the table.

Kimberlin is now in his second stint at SBEC as he was an assistant football coach from 1990 to 1993 before heading into the private securities business until 2003.

He returned to SBEC in 2003 when the Trojans won their only state title in Division II-A and he became Athletic Director for the Trojans in 2005.

“I loved my first stint at SBEC and jumped at the chance to come back,†Kimberlin said. “I’ve always wanted to be a head coach and this is a dream come true.â€

SBEC has made the playoffs 10 consecutive seasons and Kimberlin believes that that success will make it easier for him to adjust to the head coaching job after being both offensive and defensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at the small Southaven, Mississippi private school.

“Since we do have some success and the program is stable that will make for an easier transition for me,†Kimberlin said.

Kimberlin will also have two sons suiting up for him this season as senior Josh will be the Trojans starting quarterback and junior Grant will be a wide receiver for SBEC.