Wilson County Round-up

glademom

Careful old bear 71 - you know what they say about opinions....Doubtful MJ will be the "class of Wilson Co". I'm sure MJ will be good but FC will be very strong returning 17-18 starters and a couple of transfers from a team that lost in the last minute to state champ and now 4A Signal Mtn.

I would think LHS should be some better with a large Sr. Class but you have to wonder how long the learning curve on winning will take.

I'm not sure about WC either. They seem to have fallen off quite abit since Alexander & staff's departure. He taught those guys how to win and compete and they seem to have fallen off talent wise in recent years.

Anyway, best of luck to the Bears, you guys better hope Chowbay doesn't give up the pigskin or that offense will get very one-dimensional real quick!!

Now do you really think that Friendship could hang with MJ, Lebanon, or even WC. MJ vs FC would be a beat down. The Bears looked pretty good vs Centenial; better than Lebanon did with them. I heard that Lebanon had another scrimmage...with who? and how did it turn out?

I know that WC scrimmaged someone..who was it? and how did they do? are the Cats still floundering!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now do you really think that Friendship could hang with MJ, Lebanon, or even WC. MJ vs FC would be a beat down. The Bears looked pretty good vs Centenial; better than Lebanon did with them. I heard that Lebanon had another scrimmage...with who? and how did it turn out?

I know that WC scrimmaged someone..who was it? and how did they do? are the Cats still floundering!!

We'll never know if MJ could hang with FC :mrgreen: . FC players have to play that "iron man" football where the majority of them play both ways. While so many of MJ's kids only play either O or D but not both.

I can say that FC called both LHS and WC to schedule football games this year & next and neither could work seem to work it out. :mrgreen:

As for coach Perry he probably remembers a few games versus FC back when he was coaching in their district. I fondly remember one where his boys from Westmoreland were ranked #1 and went down @ home to FC 49-7. Man his temper was up that night!

Heard WC scrimmaged Macon Co last week who FC defeated last year and had mixed results. Also hear that Macon dressed about 85 and Central had about 40.

Very little being said on LHS this spring but they will have a good class of Srs and Freshmen but thin in between. Just glad I'm not a coach over there right now. That "revolving" coaching door seems busy!

We'll never know if MJ could hang with FC :mrgreen: . FC players have to play that "iron man" football where the majority of them play both ways. While so many of MJ's kids only play either O or D but not both.

I can say that FC called both LHS and WC to schedule football games this year & next and neither could work seem to work it out. :mrgreen:

As for coach Perry he probably remembers a few games versus FC back when he was coaching in their district. I fondly remember one where his boys from Westmoreland were ranked #1 and went down @ home to FC 49-7. Man his temper was up that night!

Heard WC scrimmaged Macon Co last week who FC defeated last year and had mixed results. Also hear that Macon dressed about 85 and Central had about 40.

Very little being said on LHS this spring but they will have a good class of Srs and Freshmen but thin in between. Just glad I'm not a coach over there right now. That "revolving" coaching door seems busy!

I can probably tell you why LHS and WCHS wont play FC. The main reason is because those schools dont want there kids recruited by FC. It wouldnt be smart to play a private school inside your own county or honestly any of them. They see a kid and somehow they seem to end up at that school the next year. I am sure you will deny this like most private school people do, but facts are facts. Lebanon has been pick pocketed the last couple of years. I am sure it had nothing to do with a little persuasion from another school. If I were FC I wouldnt worry about LHS, WCHS, or MJ. I would worry about Trousdale.

I don't know where you get your info, but with the 1's and 2's in it was 4-1 WC. It could have been worse but WC threw two interceptions in the red zone. WC completely dominated the line of scrimmage with long drives and several 20yd+ plays. WC is much improved with a lot of speed that we haven't had the last couple of years. Macon County's 3's were better than WC's 3's. I'm not trying to anger the Macon County crowd, but they didn't seem to be as talented as they were last year.

Let's see if we can't exercise that selective memory a little further since you brought up the Friendship vs. Westmoreland games where Coach Perry is concerned. The following year Westmoreland beat Friendship 52-0, and never looked back. Temper or not, Coach Perry dominated Friendship during those years, and did something else Friendship can't do, had a winning record vs. Trousdale. MJ has no business auditioning their talent to Friendship. They sniff around enough as it is. You are right about one thing, it is hard to compare Friendship and MJ...MJ doesn't play any Red Boiling Springs and the little sisters of the poor year after year.

Edited by pressman

I don't know where you get your info, but with the 1's and 2's in it was 4-1 WC. It could have been worse but WC threw two interceptions in the red zone. WC completely dominated the line of scrimmage with long drives and several 20yd+ plays. WC is much improved with a lot of speed that we haven't had the last couple of years. Macon County's 3's were better than WC's 3's. I'm not trying to anger the Macon County crowd, but they didn't seem to be as talented as they were last year.

Do you still have the "man crush" on your former boss? I understand he is looking for coaches; why don't you go help him! I also heard they did not do too well vs MC (LOL). I would consider that a bad sign; MC is no powerhouse. Maybe that "newfound" WC speed was really a lack of MC speed. (LOL)

and MJ would crush Friendship with little or no mercy; they will also whip up on Lebanon and WC; I would have to say they will be one of top teams in our league

go bucs

Edited by rapidjohn

Do you still have the "man crush" on your former boss? I understand he is looking for coaches; why don't you go help him! I also heard they did not do too well vs MC (LOL). I would consider that a bad sign; MC is no powerhouse. Maybe that "newfound" WC speed was really a lack of MC speed. (LOL)

and MJ would crush Friendship with little or no mercy; they will also whip up on Lebanon and WC; I would have to say they will be one of top teams in our league

go bucs

First off, I am not going to be involved in a lengthy, war of words on coacht. All I am going to say is that I was commenting on a scrimmage between Macon County and WC. Portland and Beech were not involved. So if you want to start a "Bashing Traye Aric" thread, then go ahead, but leave this one to people who want to discuss football.

I don't have a clue who you are, nor do I ever want to meet you, but Traye Aric has been gone from Beech since 2004, so your irrational and, at this point, pathetic hatred of him, truly shows that you are a small, small man.

First off, I am not going to be involved in a lengthy, war of words on coacht. All I am going to say is that I was commenting on a scrimmage between Macon County and WC. Portland and Beech were not involved. So if you want to start a "Bashing Traye Aric" thread, then go ahead, but leave this one to people who want to discuss football.

I don't have a clue who you are, nor do I ever want to meet you, but Traye Aric has been gone from Beech since 2004, so your irrational and, at this point, pathetic hatred of him, truly shows that you are a small, small man.

Actually I was trying to pull your chain (LOL). Gotcha!! You got me pretty good a couple of times last year ( *note: previous posts can be reread). By the way......are you still coaching at Wilson Central. Glad to see that ya'll are doing better...... Also, for the record I would never "hate" anyone, and I promise to lay off your friend.

go bucs

This SHOULD be one of the best teams that MJ has ever put on the field if they stay healthy. The "O" should be unstoppable. The "D" OK and the "ST's" improved. I believe this team has a very good chance at facing Maryville in the championship game.

Was unaware that our MLB (Krazan) transferred. This will absolutely hurt our D this upcoming year. Our O is going to have to score ALOT of points. Toning it down from good chance to chance at facing Maryville. Need a few surprises on the D side for this to become a reality.

I don't think that Volzchamp is talking about beating MJ or any other team for that matter. He is referring to success within each teams classifications. There are too many dynamics that play into 6A/5A ball compared to 2A/1A. In the smaller classes it is basically iron man football, which is not the case in the upper classes. Now, don't think for a second that there are not athletes on FC's team that could not go and start for the big public schools in Wilson Co. I have seen all of these teams play in person in recent years and each program has quality athletes. Secondly, FC has sent their share of players to play college football, including 2 Division I in the last several years.

I don't think that Volzchamp is talking about beating MJ or any other team for that matter. He is referring to success within each teams classifications. There are too many dynamics that play into 6A/5A ball compared to 2A/1A. In the smaller classes it is basically iron man football, which is not the case in the upper classes. Now, don't think for a second that there are not athletes on FC's team that could not go and start for the big public schools in Wilson Co. I have seen all of these teams play in person in recent years and each program has quality athletes. Secondly, FC has sent their share of players to play college football, including 2 Division I in the last several years.

There have been a couple who went to play at Cumberland, but who besides Sweeney went DI recently?