Pettitt Claims Title

Duckbutterbandit

Pettitt Claims Title at UGA Invitational

The 2002 Autotrader.com U.G.A.Invitational was held on October 5-6, 2002 at the University of Georgia Golf Course in Athens, Georgia. Ninety players were invited to compete in this exclusive event, which is a nationally ranked event by Golfweek. From this strong field, one player emerged on top. Philip Pettitt Jr. fired rounds of 69 and 68 to win the overall title by 5 shots. Pettitt of Murfreesboro, Tennessee held the lead after round one by 2 shots. He added to that lead during the second round by making three birdies on his last three holes, including an approach shot on the long par-4 18th hole, which he almost holed!

• 5 months later...

I agree. I have know Phillip for several years now. I don't follow junior golf as whole as much as I used to when I WAS a junior golfer in Tennessee, but I do keep ut with Pettit. I certainly wish him the best. So, duckbetterbandit, do you play? do you coach? Just curious. I still play in alot of state sanctioned amateur events, and I coached a couple of years ago at Central Middle School in Murfreesboro, TN. That's where I met Phillip. He won a state title, as did our team (mostly thanks to Phillip). Good luck to Phillip and to you, duckbutterbandit. I've enjoyed our limited banter on coacht. :)