Hickman County football

big D

The job has been open for a while now but no news of what is going on. Who wants this job? Any names coming up in Centerville? any one on previous staff interested in the job? What are the expectations of the new coach?

BigD,

The lack of interest and lack of news should speak volumes about this job. Good luck to the very few interested in working at the graveyard that is coaching in Hickman County. The kids deserve support from the top to the bottom. Not just talk, but real support. Good Luck Coach Smithson in finding your man.

I know one Great coach who has applied there. He has no head coaching experience and is in his lower 30's. He is just waiting for someone to give him his first head coaching job and I'm hoping this will be it. He has college experience as a coordinator and has been a coordinator for years at the high school level. He will probably bring in a couple good coaches and they'll get it rolling there at Hickman. He has the blueprint to do it too. He was on a staff that went into a situation that never won and helped build it into a perennial playoff team. There is at least one great candidate, now they just have to hire him!

I know one Great coach who has applied there. He has no head coaching experience and is in his lower 30's. He is just waiting for someone to give him his first head coaching job and I'm hoping this will be it. He has college experience as a coordinator and has been a coordinator for years at the high school level. He will probably bring in a couple good coaches and they'll get it rolling there at Hickman. He has the blueprint to do it too. He was on a staff that went into a situation that never won and helped build it into a perennial playoff team. There is at least one great candidate, now they just have to hire him!

Bigorangefan, good post. I hope it works out for everyone. Now about this great coach you speak of. Do tell? Give name. Promote him.

I will go ahead and be the first to call BS on that post. :roflol: A young experienced College coordinator, who is currently at a successful playoff school, with aspirations of being a coach at a small highschool that will struggle to make the playoffs, like hickman county? c'mon man!

maybe a young coordinator from a small highschool looking to break into head coaching is what you will get.

I bet his screen name for coacht is bigorangefan911 :roflol:

Good luck on getting the job.

Bigorangefan, good post. I hope it works out for everyone. Now about this great coach you speak of. Do tell? Give name. Promote him.

I've struggled with this in my head because I know he'd kill me if he knew I was on here talking him up. However, I would love to see him get this job. I won't go out and say his name on this board, but his initials are KG. The administration there will know who I speak of. And no, for the smarties on this board I am not him. He's a coach and man that I have a ton of respect for and he's destined to be a great head coach for many years to come. Now all Hickman county has to do is have the good sense to give him the job and let him bring in a few coaches with him and I proise you in 3 years you won't recognize this program. I know those are bold words, but I truly believe them. It'll be like nothing Centerville has ever seen.

Edited by bigorangefan911

I've struggled with this in my head because I know he'd kill me if he knew I was on here talking him up. However, I would love to see him get this job. I won't go out and say his name on this board, but his initials are KG. The administration there will know who I speak of. And no, for the smarties on this board I am not him. He's a coach and man that I have a ton of respect for and he's destined to be a great head coach for many years to come. Now all Hickman county has to do is have the good sense to give him the job and let him bring in a few coaches with him and I proise you in 3 years you won't recognize this program. I know those are bold words, but I truly believe them. It'll be like nothing Centerville has ever seen.

so give us the initials of the college where he was coordinator. no way would someone be mad at publicity to get a job. We may agree that he is the man. So, Who is Hickman county's messiah?

• 2 weeks later...