why is there not enough freestyle tournaments in TN?

lebanon3

I don't understand why freestyle is not a big deal here in Tn it would make kids a lot better and help this sport grow in this state if we had more interest. someone want to please help me out here?

I really have to ask what your definition of enough is. According to the TWF website there is a tournament scheduled somewhere in the state every weekend from this weekend until May 21st. And Southeast Regions is the next weekend so that is why there is no tournament then. Until you can define exactly what "enough freestyle tournaments" is in your opinion then it is going to be hard to answer your question.

Now if you are asking why freestyle and Greco-Roman aren't more popular in this state then I could probably rattle off a large number of reasons why. However, if you want to dig it down to a few root causes the most glaring, from my perspective, is the inability of the high school coaches to work with their wrestlers in the off-season.

There was a tournament at David Lipscomb this weekend (Lions Pride Iron Man)...I don't recall seeing anyone from the Lebanon area there...

I would have to agree with Ghouse, The coaches being unable to work with the kids in the off-season really hurts big time. I am fortunate that i have some kids who have really bought into my program and are working hard this spring to better themselves. Here in knoxville, we have been really trying to drum it up, 50 kids have been working out the past couple of weeks with TEAM WOLFPACK. Hope to continue growing!!!! Anyway, keep pluggin away. Keep getting the word out.

I don't understand why freestyle is not a big deal here in Tn it would make kids a lot better and help this sport grow in this state if we had more interest. someone want to please help me out here?

These tournaments have good different competion out of Ga,SC ,Bama and Florida

the heritage tournament is only 15 minutes south of Chattanooga and the Chatooga 45 min south of Chattanooga

Soddy and Team Tornado both have attended the Ga Freestyle\Greco tournaments in the past

Team Georgia USA Wrestling

2011 Freestyle / Greco Tournament Schedule

FS/GR Alexander Freestyle/Greco Saturday, April 09, 2011 Alexander High School

NE Forsyth FS/GR Lambert Freestyle/Greco Saturday, April 16, 2011 Lambert High School

FS/GR Alexander Freestyle/Greco Saturday ,April 09,2011, Alexander High Scool

FS/GR East Paulding Freestyle/Greco Saturday, April 23, 2011 East Paulding High School

FS/GR Battle at the Little Big Horn Freestyle/Greco Saturday, April 30, 2011 Chattooga High School

FS/GR Harrison Freestyle/Greco Saturday, May 07, 2011 Harrison High School

FS/GR Heritage Border Battle Freestyle/Greco Saturday, May 14, 2011 Heritage Catoosa High School

FK/FS/GR Georgia Games Saturday, May 21, 2011 Cherokee High School

FS/GR Southeast Regional Championships Friâ€Sun, May 27â€29, 2011 Gwinnett Center

The Smoky Mountain Stampede

Freestyle and Greco Tournament

April 23, 2011

at

Pigeon Forge High School

Event Schedule is as follows:

TIMES ARE EASTERN STANDARD TIMES

Saturday Weigh-ins: 8-9 AM Wrestling: 10 AM

Entry Fee: $15.00 (pre-registration) Walk-ups: $25.00

Divisions are as follows:

BANTAM Age: Born 2003-2004 Time periods: 1-1-1

INTERMEDIATE Age: Born 2001-2002 Time periods: 1-1-1

NOVICE Age: Born 1999-2000 Time periods: 1:30 - 1:30 - 1:30

SCHOOLBOY Age: Born 1997-1998 Time periods: 1:30 - 1:30 - 1:30

CADET Age: Born 1995-1996 Time periods: 2:00 - 2:00 - 2:00

JUNIOR Age: Born 9/1/91 and Time periods: 2:00 - 2:00 - 2:00

after plus currently enrolled

in grades 9-12

Entry: email entries to: seaauwrestling@gmail.com

Entries are due by friday, April 22nd by 9 am (PLEASE).

Include: Name, DOB, USA Membership #, Coach’s name, emergency contact cell number and email address.

• Weight Classes will not be used. Wrestlers will be placed in Round Robin Brackets of 3, 4 ,or 5 wrestlers based on their actual weight.

Medals: 1st through 3rd place finishers in each division. .

Admission: $ 6.00