Pitching in District 5 AA

SAGINAWFAN

I thought this would be an interesting topic to follow through the season. I will start by saying McMinn Central has a decent staff with 3 seniors and 1 soph that are seeing starting action. A couple of others that have pitched a little and 1 freshman that is seeing alot of relief action. The Chiefs showed up big last evening with #10 ,Allen I beleive was his name, a senior. Great job pitching in a wind storm.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chiefs have three solid starting pitchers.

D. Allen - Senior

Z. Helms - Senior

S. Debity - Junior

Plus four young pitchers that are doing a good job in mid week games and in relief

J. Johnson - Soph

F. McKane - Soph

M. Arp - Soph

G. Dalton - Frsh

This makes a good pitching staff for the Chiefs!

• 2 weeks later...

Moses pitched another great game last night at Knox Carter going 4 innings and Mckinney closing out the 5th for a 14-0 shutout. Looking good guys.

Judah Ward pitched a complete game last night against Harriman. Chargers win 3-1 for final regular season game. Great job Judah, hope you left something in the tank, the Blue will need you next week.

Who is Sequoyah's ace? Allen? RHP or LHP? Good velocity? Breaking Ball?

Allen is thier hardest thrower and their #1. Great velocity and good off speed stuff. He also can chew up the innings. Plus their #2 and #3 aren't bad. And the bullpen is deep with a lot of young guys that can contribute. This is in my opinion why they won the district and why they will be very hard to beat in the region. For most teams if you can get past #1 you can get the hits. But for SQHS they got guys 4 and 5 deep that can keep the team out of trouble....