Rhea County Eagles

kampkiffen

I am here to share facts regarding the posts of "Unslient" against Coach Cameron and myself.

FACT #1- I am Wes Caldwell and have the guts not to hide behind a screen name.

I am not here to discredit anyone, argue about my job, or any of that. I lost my coaching job, worked on a year-to-year contract and that is part of this business. So is people liking and disliking you. I have thick enough skin for that. Unslient, you are not the first to judge me as a baseball coach and won't be the last. I've got no problem with that, but your "facts" Walt and I as people are not all warranted. It may take me a few posts to "inform" you of the facts, but sorry folks, this will be my first and last posts on coacht. Plus, this guy has a lot of "facts" wrong.

Section 1- My friend Walt Cameron: "How he can still stay and teach is beyond me."

FACT #2- Unsilent, have you ever heard of a concept in Tennessee's educational system called TENURE? If not, check it out sometime. Walt cameron has it.

"He doesn,t have a college degree." FACT #3- Coach Cameron DOES have a degree to teach. I personally watched him work thirds to support his family, coach our kids, and take his classes at night and throughout the offseason. HE EARNED IT!

Your next quote: "inform me please." Everytime someone does, you respond as if your only comments about me deal with wins and losses. They haven't been and here is your request.

"Maybe winning had something to do with his departure." FACT #4- I was told directly by my supervisors that wins and losses played no role in my dismissal.

See you next post, its titled "My Wallet"

Unsilent appears to have some kind of agenda that has nothing to do with helping Rhea County athletes. He is very poorly informed about a ton of issues and should be ashamed of the accusations he makes while hidden from view. I would like to see this guy walk up to some of the coaches he has trashed and say those things to their face. Then, we could sell tickets to that event and fund the entire Rhea County athetic program. Shucks, I'll buy a block of tickets. One thing that was not mentioned about Wes Caldwell was the fact that he bought the Gator for the baseball field out of his own money. When he was dismissed the school ended up buying their own gator,also adding the cost of field maintenance, outside the field maintenace, you name it.

It's hard to know the facts and have to listen to some idiot like Unsilent run his big mouth about a coach that is not even there anymore. When you think about, several of the coaches this chicken bashes online are now gone. So what is he so mad about? He is either very uninformed or he is lying.

I am here to share facts regarding the posts of "Unslient" against Coach Cameron and myself.

FACT #1- I am Wes Caldwell and have the guts not to hide behind a screen name.

I am not here to discredit anyone, argue about my job, or any of that. I lost my coaching job, worked on a year-to-year contract and that is part of this business. So is people liking and disliking you. I have thick enough skin for that. Unslient, you are not the first to judge me as a baseball coach and won't be the last. I've got no problem with that, but your "facts" Walt and I as people are not all warranted. It may take me a few posts to "inform" you of the facts, but sorry folks, this will be my first and last posts on coacht. Plus, this guy has a lot of "facts" wrong.

Section 1- My friend Walt Cameron: "How he can still stay and teach is beyond me."

FACT #2- Unsilent, have you ever heard of a concept in Tennessee's educational system called TENURE? If not, check it out sometime. Walt cameron has it.

"He doesn,t have a college degree." FACT #3- Coach Cameron DOES have a degree to teach. I personally watched him work thirds to support his family, coach our kids, and take his classes at night and throughout the offseason. HE EARNED IT!

Your next quote: "inform me please." Everytime someone does, you respond as if your only comments about me deal with wins and losses. They haven't been and here is your request.

"Maybe winning had something to do with his departure." FACT #4- I was told directly by my supervisors that wins and losses played no role in my dismissal.

See you next post, its titled "My Wallet"

Thanks, Coach Caldwell. You have more guts and truth than Unsilent and the Rhea County aministration combined.

You did more kids in your time there than any number of coaches who come through and leave the first time they get a chance. That is my definition of dedication. Thanks too for sticking up for Coach Cameron, a fine man who loves the kids.The yoyo making these unfounded claims should either step up and tell us who he is, or stick to the facts, or shut up. You or Coach Cameron must have cut his kid or cut his PT.Or he's kin to his favorite coach. Or maybe he is in love with his favorite coach.

Thanks, Coach Caldwell. You have more guts and truth than Unsilent and the Rhea County aministration combined.

You did more kids in your time there than any number of coaches who come through and leave the first time they get a chance. That is my definition of dedication. Thanks too for sticking up for Coach Cameron, a fine man who loves the kids.The yoyo making these unfounded claims should either step up and tell us who he is, or stick to the facts, or shut up. You or Coach Cameron must have cut his kid or cut his PT.Or he's kin to his favorite coach. Or maybe he is in love with his favorite coach.

AMEN

AMEN

I think message boards like this one are good, but when people use them to slander innocent people that is just going too far. It's fine to disagree with coaches strategies but these unfounded personal attacks are a bad thing. I hope Unsilent Majority makes himself known. I would like to see him prove some of his accusations in court. He is stepping way over the line but must not have enough brains to know it.

"My Wallet: The Education of Unsilent Majority"

Quote: "the "team" bank account was his personal wallet." "the team had to come up with a few hundred dollars to cover bills because it disappeared."

FACT #5- Each sports' budget is $0. It is the responsibility of each head coach to fundraise the money needed to cover team expenses. If his/her account is negative, then it becomes their personal responsibility to balance their budget.

FACT #6- We spent an average of $20,000 per year on baseball and i balanced 15 out of 15 budgets with zero bailouts.

FACT #7- In June 2004, our account needed $4600 to balance our books. On the June payday, we get our checks for the next 3 months. That year, I gave up 2 months of PERSONAL wages to balance out our account.

By the way, FACT #8- I made $1900 that season for baseball like always, and FACT #9- that is HALF of what my region counterparts made and less than all of their assistants.

FACT #10- When we had no maintenace equipment for the on-campus field that WE constructed in 1997, I purchased an infield mower, outfield mower, rakes, shovels, and hoses to get the job done to the tune of approximately $4000 of my personal funds.

FACT #11- When we had nothing to drag the infield with, I took personal funds and purchased a Cub Cadet utility vehicle for $5600.

FACT #12- We also faced a time when we needed to replace the roll-a-way cage that I personally provided, and do some other upgrades and 2 parents and I obtained a personal note for $10,000 which I made the payments on for the first 2 years of the note out of personal funds.

FACT #13- As head baseball coach for 15 years, I made less than $30,000 and spent over $50,000 on major purchases alone out of my "personal wallet."

FACT #14- Every dime that I received or spent in my time as head baseball coach is a matter of public record and can be accounted for. If you would like to contact me and request the folks needed to justify this for you, please feel free to ask.

"My Wallet: The Education of Unsilent Majority"

Quote: "the "team" bank account was his personal wallet." "the team had to come up with a few hundred dollars to cover bills because it disappeared."

FACT #5- Each sports' budget is $0. It is the responsibility of each head coach to fundraise the money needed to cover team expenses. If his/her account is negative, then it becomes their personal responsibility to balance their budget.

FACT #6- We spent an average of $20,000 per year on baseball and i balanced 15 out of 15 budgets with zero bailouts.

FACT #7- In June 2004, our account needed $4600 to balance our books. On the June payday, we get our checks for the next 3 months. That year, I gave up 2 months of PERSONAL wages to balance out our account.

By the way, FACT #8- I made $1900 that season for baseball like always, and FACT #9- that is HALF of what my region counterparts made and less than all of their assistants.

FACT #10- When we had no maintenace equipment for the on-campus field that WE constructed in 1997, I purchased an infield mower, outfield mower, rakes, shovels, and hoses to get the job done to the tune of approximately $4000 of my personal funds.

FACT #11- When we had nothing to drag the infield with, I took personal funds and purchased a Cub Cadet utility vehicle for $5600.

FACT #12- We also faced a time when we needed to replace the roll-a-way cage that I personally provided, and do some other upgrades and 2 parents and I obtained a personal note for $10,000 which I made the payments on for the first 2 years of the note out of personal funds.

FACT #13- As head baseball coach for 15 years, I made less than $30,000 and spent over $50,000 on major purchases alone out of my "personal wallet."

FACT #14- Every dime that I received or spent in my time as head baseball coach is a matter of public record and can be accounted for. If you would like to contact me and request the folks needed to justify this for you, please feel free to ask.

Thanks for the report, Coach Caldwell. My Sunday School teacher always says, "Right will prevail and wrong will fail." Some of the so-called Rhea County Christians should think about that. Certainly, Unsilent should think about it.If Unsilent is a Rhea County supporter I would hate to see what a Rhea County enemy looks like.