LINCOLN COUNTY FANS

FALCON4

HEY FELLOWS IT IS GOOD TO KNOW SOMEONE CARES ABOUT THE LC FOOTBALL PROGRAM. WE CAN LOOK AT THINGS ANYWAY WE WANT, MY OPINION IS THIS LC FOOTBALL SHOULD BE DOMINATING THEIR OPPONENTS. TO THIS POINT, THE FALCONS SHOULD BE 7-0 AND I AM FOR REAL NO JOKES. LOUIS CAN FIND A WAY TO WIN AND I HOPE HE DOES. I TRULY BELIEVE THERE ARE KIDS ON THE TEAM THAT ARE OUT OF POSITION. ALL AROUND THE STATE OUR LC PROGRAM IS BEING CRITICIZED THAT WE DO NOT PLAY OUR BEST ATHLETES AND THIS IS TRUE AND WE KNOW IT. WE HAVE KIDS THAT DON'T PLAY BECAUSE THEY FEEL THEY WILL NEVER GET A CHANCE (POLITICAL ISSUES IN FAYETTEVILLE) OUR PROGRAM WAS NOT LIKE THIS YEARS AGO AND WHY SHOULD IT BE THAT WAY NOW YOU FELLOWS THINK ABOUT IT AND THINK HARD!!!!!

GO FALCONS THE SEASON IS NOT OVER YET AND YOU STILL HAVE PLAY-OFF HOPES; REMEMBER THE BEST NEVER REST AND LC MADE HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL IN MIDDLE TENNESSEE ;):D:);)

Guest VOLCOWBOY

I know of a certain Jr at LCHS that should've been starting but was benched because the ad's kid wanted to play. Now, I haven't been to a Falcon game in 7 years for geographical reason (I live 800 miles away), but I have followed the Falcons very closely and have supported them up to this season. Not being able to see the Falcons play does mean that my knowledge of the team is strictly hearsay, but it comes from several sources. The SS spot was handed to a 5'6 130-140 pound sophomore BEFORE they ever put on pads. There was a Junior that had sat the bench his So. year due to injury and worked his butt off in spring to actually earn the position. He was named the #1 safety and then the first day back from summer he was benched for no reason. I think that EVERYONE knows who I'm talking about. How can this kid be considered one of the top 3 Jr High players in the County 2 years straight and then be limited to special teams at LCHS? I do not blame him for quitting. He had too much pride to stand by and watch someone that had half the talent get the play because of his dad's job. This is why I have decided to stop supporting Coach Thompson, not the Falcons. They are a talented team, but young. Even though I have made some discouraging remarks against the Falcons--which was wrong because I was doing it out of anger from Thompson's choices, I still support the boys and wish them luck the rest of the season. But I will say this, one day there will be a game that the Falcons are going to need # 15 back and he will be in the stands, or at home doing something else and Louis is going to regret not doing the right thing and playing the kid that EARNED the spot. This could be a bias post due to the fact that I am related to 15, but it is the truth in my opinion and anybody else that had the privilege to see him play the game as #12 at Flintville.

It's pretty easy to see that #28 should be the tailback. No I don't go to any practices. Sometimes players play better than they practice. It's easy to see that #28 is by far a better running back. #11 has a tendency to fumble. Franklin would have a loss on their record if #11 had not fumbled on the goal line late in the game. #11 likes to stop and dance while carrying the ball. #28 will run over people and I haven't seen him fumble yet. #28 has more yards per carry. #11 has way more carries. Yea I sit up in the stands and I cheer for the team. I don't critisize. I don't blame it all on Coach Thompson because he gets his recomendations from his assistant coaches. I think Coach Thompson is still a good coach and Lincoln County can still win State Championships under his leadership. All coaches just like players have bad years. Just ask Phil Fulmer and Jeff Fisher. It doesn't mean they can't coach. Sometimes it seems they just can't see the forrest for the trees.

Guest wolf69
Posted by VOLCOWBOY:

I know of a certain Jr at LCHS that should've been starting but was benched because the ad's kid wanted to play. Now, I haven't been to a Falcon game in 7 years for geographical reason (I live 800 miles away), but I have followed the Falcons very closely and have supported them up to this season. Not being able to see the Falcons play does mean that my knowledge of the team is strictly hearsay, but it comes from several sources. The SS spot was handed to a 5'6 130-140 pound sophomore BEFORE they ever put on pads. There was a Junior that had sat the bench his So. year due to injury and worked his butt off in spring to actually earn the position. He was named the #1 safety and then the first day back from summer he was benched for no reason. I think that EVERYONE knows who I'm talking about. How can this kid be considered one of the top 3 Jr High players in the County 2 years straight and then be limited to special teams at LCHS? I do not blame him for quitting. He had too much pride to stand by and watch someone that had half the talent get the play because of his dad's job. This is why I have decided to stop supporting Coach Thompson, not the Falcons. They are a talented team, but young. Even though I have made some discouraging remarks against the Falcons--which was wrong because I was doing it out of anger from Thompson's choices, I still support the boys and wish them luck the rest of the season. But I will say this, one day there will be a game that the Falcons are going to need # 15 back and he will be in the stands, or at home doing something else and Louis is going to regret not doing the right thing and playing the kid that EARNED the spot. This could be a bias post due to the fact that I am related to 15, but it is the truth in my opinion and anybody else that had the privilege to see him play the game as #12 at Flintville.

i know the situation your are you referring to and i agree with you. but if u want to know the whole truth there was a sr startin over # 15 that had knee surgery. well he came back two wks into the season and ad's boy is still startin over him. he played half the defensive snaps last yr because the startin ss was the quarterback half the season and they didnt want to get him hurt. and he still isnt gettin the playin time he deserves either. im not sayin as soon as he came off an injury he should automatically be startin again but he isnt even gettin a chance to earn it back. it is set in stone that the other boy is going to play and that is all there is to it.just how long are they going to let that boy juke his self out of the play?????

Guest VOLCOWBOY
Posted by wolf69:
Posted by VOLCOWBOY:

i know the situation your are you referring to and i agree with you. but if u want to know the whole truth there was a sr startin over # 15 that had knee surgery. well he came back two wks into the season and ad's boy is still startin over him. he played half the defensive snaps last yr because the startin ss was the quarterback half the season and they didnt want to get him hurt. and he still isnt gettin the playin time he deserves either. im not sayin as soon as he came off an injury he should automatically be startin again but he isnt even gettin a chance to earn it back. it is set in stone that the other boy is going to play and that is all there is to it.just how long are they going to let that boy juke his self out of the play?????

That just goes to show you wolf, that money has its ways in LC. Thompson isn't a football coach anymore. He's a hired puppet dancing and jumping when the powers to be say. He has lost his edge. What was once considered to be the greatest coach in LCHS history has become not only a joke of a coach, but a disgrace to the game. He talked about all the lessons he learned at Bama under Bryant in his article. Well, I know that Bear Bryant would be ashamed of him now. Shame on you Louie! Maybe one day AD's kid aka Deion Sanders Jr will get his chest caved in by a 230 lb FB en route to a TD in a close game and Louie T will consider playing someone who has earned it. I did not know that other kid came back and was benched from the start too. Thanks for the info.

The senior is still trying to recover from knee surgery. He still does not have all his range of motion. #15 I do not think he really wanted to play. Quiters never win and Winners never quit. You will always have some great players that come from the junior highs that never really develop into a good high school player. Size and strenth have alot to do with it.

i had sworn off this topic but some will not let it die.guru you are a bit misinformed.the senior in question is and has been ready to play for weeks and is very unhappy with the situation.all 15 has ever wanted to do since pee-wee football was play for the falcons.sure his shoulder was hurt all his soph. year but he still managed to qb the jv team to 4 wins.after last season he had surgery to repair the damage by burton elrod the titans team dr.in spring practice he never got a snap at qb but was playing first defense at strong safety.edmiston was and rightfully the qb but 15 should have been given a look at backup spot.as for size and strength he worked hard in the weight room all last winter and summer thinking he was going to get to play.then fall comes around and again never a snap at qb,thompson told his jr. high coaches his shoulder was still messed up and could not throw which was an out and out lie.he did tell them he was doing great on defense at strong safety and led them to believe he would be the starter.thompson told the kids dad that he was doing great and would gets lots of playing time also just a week before the franklin game.really dont think kickoff and punt team is considered a lot of playing time.after the franklin game 15 went to thompson to talk about the situation.he was told he could watch tapes from camp to see why he wasnt played more and 15 asked why not watch the franklin tape and see how the strong safety played that night.he should at least have been given an opportunity to prove himself that night as the ss was in on maybe two plays at the most.the tapes dont lie.number 15 is not nor will he ever be a quitter there was not any opportunity for him at lincoln county to get to play.he has always been and will continue to be a winner in all he does sometimes you just need the chance to prove it.and guru since you all know who i am i dont have to say that 15 is my son and im still very proud of him and the decisions he has made.now for the last time lets let this rest as it does nobody any good to continue.

Posted by FALCON4:

HEY FELLOWS IT IS GOOD TO KNOW SOMEONE CARES ABOUT THE LC FOOTBALL PROGRAM. WE CAN LOOK AT THINGS ANYWAY WE WANT, MY OPINION IS THIS LC FOOTBALL SHOULD BE DOMINATING THEIR OPPONENTS. TO THIS POINT, THE FALCONS SHOULD BE 7-0 AND I AM FOR REAL NO JOKES. LOUIS CAN FIND A WAY TO WIN AND I HOPE HE DOES. I TRULY BELIEVE THERE ARE KIDS ON THE TEAM THAT ARE OUT OF POSITION. ALL AROUND THE STATE OUR LC PROGRAM IS BEING CRITICIZED THAT WE DO NOT PLAY OUR BEST ATHLETES AND THIS IS TRUE AND WE KNOW IT. WE HAVE KIDS THAT DON'T PLAY BECAUSE THEY FEEL THEY WILL NEVER GET A CHANCE (POLITICAL ISSUES IN FAYETTEVILLE) OUR PROGRAM WAS NOT LIKE THIS YEARS AGO AND WHY SHOULD IT BE THAT WAY NOW YOU FELLOWS THINK ABOUT IT AND THINK HARD!!!!!

GO FALCONS THE SEASON IS NOT OVER YET AND YOU STILL HAVE PLAY-OFF HOPES; REMEMBER THE BEST NEVER REST AND LC MADE HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL IN MIDDLE TENNESSEE :D:o:o:D

listen guys we have all had our say on this subject.its a dead horse so let it go.everyone on this thread needs to just drop it and move on to other topics.this is a great site that we all enjoy coming to and we need to keep it that way.i would like to know who guru is though since he knows so much about the team.anyway ive enjoyed the comments everyone has put on here whether good or bad but it is time to move on to new topics.everyone have a great rest of the week!