36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win District 11?

• FHS
    • BHS
    • CHS
    • RHS
    • HHS
    • IHS

With spring practice starting up, what is everyone's early predictions for next fall? Here are my very, very early projections:

1a. Franklin- Rebels return many starters on defense along with a top quarterback prospect entering his 3rd year as a starter. FHS also gets their top 2 running backs back after missing last season with torn ACL's.

1b. Brentwood- Brentwood is always good, and this year will be no different. Probably even talent-wise with Franklin but after losing a strong senior class it will be interesting to see who steps up as their playmakers, especially on offense.

* Their annual matchup in week 10 will decide the district title again, they are head and shoulders above the rest.

3. Centennial- My surprise pick this year. Centennial has continued to improve in recent years, and look for them to challenge the top two teams for at least 3 quarters.

4. Ravenwood- Many questions regarding the coaching situation, but still have enough talent to beat Indy and Hilsboro.

5. Hilsboro- What happened to the team that beat Maryville in state 3 years ago? Lots of athletes, but not used to their potential.

6. Indy- This program is in shambles after going to state just a few years ago. Maybe they will surprise me, but too much drama over there right now for me to put them any higher.

Edited by TheAnswer21

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With spring practice starting up, what is everyone's early predictions for next fall? Here are my very, very early projections:

1a. Franklin- Rebels return many starters on defense along with a top quarterback prospect entering his 3rd year as a starter. FHS also gets their top 2 running backs back after missing last season with torn ACL's.

1b. Brentwood- Brentwood is always good, and this year will be no different. Probably even talent-wise with Franklin but after losing a strong senior class it will be interesting to see who steps up as their playmakers, especially on offense.

* Their annual matchup in week 10 will decide the district title again, they are head and shoulders above the rest.

3. Centennial- My surprise pick this year. Centennial has continued to improve in recent years, and look for them to challenge the top two teams for at least 3 quarters.

4. Ravenwood- Many questions regarding the coaching situation, but still have enough talent to beat Indy and Hilsboro.

5. Hilsboro- What happened to the team that beat Maryville in state 3 years ago? Lots of athletes, but not used to their potential.

6. Indy- This program is in shambles after going to state just a few years ago. Maybe they will surprise me, but too much drama over there right now for me to put them any higher.

Looks pretty good. I agree with Franklin having the edge over Brentood with a 3 yr starter at QB. After one and two just flip a coin.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I understand that Brentwood is "always good" and has "great depth", but how are they THAT much into the discussion. What or excuse me, who does Brentwood have? They lose a MASSIVE amount of starters, and really good ones at that: Clay Webber, Tyson Ashcraft, Ethan Stanley, several linemen including big 77 going to duke, Josh Killet. I know they still have Chudi and Nick Coffee, but honestly, this rising senior class has had their butts handed to them freshman and jv years; even by independence. They were blown out of the water by Independence 27-2, I believe either 2012's freshman year or one of the past two years in jv. I know jv doesn't mean much, but the games were completely out of hand, and I'm not saying Independence will beat Brentwood but it's just something to bring up. Brentwood is losing a ton of their secondary, their district player of the year QB, and their line? IDK how they are supposed to replace all of that and still dominate...

• 3 weeks later...

What a weak division.

I hope that Franklin rating of #1 is due to a much improved defense.

Or is the same one that managed to hold Blackman to just over FORTY points last year in the playoffs.

That offense score a Goose Egg. Would have been worse if the clock was not left running in the 2nd half. What a ###### group you have in Billyson County.