District 3AAA

softy11

District tournamnet time is closing in, who will be in the top spots for 3AAA in East Tn? I had the opportunity to watch a couple of games with Maryville and they are looking tough, seem to be the top of district for now. They have a couple of tough games with Farragut and and William Blount coming up. William Blount should have been the favorite this year but looks like their coach has blown it as most expected she would. She has the most talent any coach would die to have and is so consumed with herself she don't know how to coach that must talent. Erica Tuck is a great pitcher going to Tn Tech and I have yet to see her throw a Drop ball or a change up. Any team can sit back and catch up to a fastball or curve and yet that is all she wants to call. Hear theres lots of problems at WB with that coach. Good luck to the girls that are moving on to college. You are all very deserving and I hate to see you go down like this but keep in mind high school softball is just practice for your travel season and college.

We hear you softy11. Heard WB has lots of coaching problems this year. Funny how the word travels through the state. Had the opportunity to see you play in Hendersonville. You have the talent to make a run at state but lack the coaching. Pitch calling in the games we saw was terrible. We've seen Tuck pitch for Fury18 Gold and was very impressed. Didn't see anything but fastballs and curves. Just goes to show you High School softball with a bad coach can be very frustrating. Good Luck to you.

I Can't believe we have 3 more years of this, it has been an eye opener. The seniors on this team have been a really good influence and my daughter has been blessed to be able to play with such talent. I hate to see them go out under the stupidity of this coach. We didn't think it could get worse than little league but it did.

I Can't believe we have 3 more years of this, it has been an eye opener. The seniors on this team have been a really good influence and my daughter has been blessed to be able to play with such talent. I hate to see them go out under the stupidity of this coach. We didn't think it could get worse than little league but it did.

My Karns Beavers will win the district. Central and us will probably meet Maryville and Farragut in the regional and with an outside shot going to Powell and William Blount. William Blount is not playing well and Powell has lost their senior pitcher for a couple of weeks. Karns, Farragut, Central, and Maryville are playing the best right now, but that might change.

District tournamnet time is closing in, who will be in the top spots for 3AAA in East Tn? I had the opportunity to watch a couple of games with Maryville and they are looking tough, seem to be the top of district for now. They have a couple of tough games with Farragut and and William Blount coming up. William Blount should have been the favorite this year but looks like their coach has blown it as most expected she would. She has the most talent any coach would die to have and is so consumed with herself she don't know how to coach that must talent. Erica Tuck is a great pitcher going to Tn Tech and I have yet to see her throw a Drop ball or a change up. Any team can sit back and catch up to a fastball or curve and yet that is all she wants to call. Hear theres lots of problems at WB with that coach. Good luck to the girls that are moving on to college. You are all very deserving and I hate to see you go down like this but keep in mind high school softball is just practice for your travel season and college.

Wasn't the WBHS coach the District coach of the year in 2010? Is it possible that the competition in D4 has improved this year? Sounds like some Pollyanna's and their moms/dads have some hurt feelings at WB! As for your last comment re HS being "practice" for travel teams---yeah, we should just do away with HS minor sports and let the travel teams play year round because that is how our girls can get the big $$$ for scholarships at East Dakota State College.

Wasn't the WBHS coach the District coach of the year in 2010? Is it possible that the competition in D4 has improved this year? Sounds like some Pollyanna's and their moms/dads have some hurt feelings at WB! As for your last comment re HS being "practice" for travel teams---yeah, we should just do away with HS minor sports and let the travel teams play year round because that is how our girls can get the big $$$ for scholarships at East Dakota State College.

Yes, the WB coach was coach of the year last year. Lets face it, anyone who would have stepped into that position could have gotten that, she walked into a very talented team. Those players got her that award and by the way this year is going it is obvious. The competition in 3AAA has improved tremendously as well as the competition in 4AAA and 2AAA and it will make better players out of all them. I don't have a player on the WB team but have many friends, I have not heard any Mom/Dads saying much of anything. They are a class act and always have been. As far as the travel team issue, we all know it is true. You may not like it but as long as I have been around high school softball you don't see college coaches out recruiting and watching players. If you don't believe it go watch a ASA tournament with these girls playing and you will see those coaches all day long. Do you think Georgia recruited Blanco out of Maryville high school? I don't think so... High school softball has its place and it is a good thing for lots of girls. Some schools take it to a much higher level than others. But congrats to the girls who are dedicated and competitive enough to want more and achieve their goal by getting scholarships for a great education.

Showing pride and respect for their schools, teammates, coaches, communities and themselves, that's what high school sports are about. I feel bad for any players who think high school sports are just inbetween time for ASA/AAU play. Good players should be able to take them both seriously, and the ones who constantly hear from parents how it's unimportant are likely the ones who come up short in school ball despite great ability.

If you think it's that unimportant and useless, just pull them off the high school team. <_<

Showing pride and respect for their schools, teammates, coaches, communities and themselves, that's what high school sports are about. I feel bad for any players who think high school sports are just inbetween time for ASA/AAU play. Good players should be able to take them both seriously, and the ones who constantly hear from parents how it's unimportant are likely the ones who come up short in school ball despite great ability.

If you think it's that unimportant and useless, just pull them off the high school team. <_<

Very well stated, I agree with you 100%.

That's how it was in the good ole days but things have changed. It's not even rec ball level any more it's bad rec ball level. Good players get grumpy because they go backward in school season. People who don't know that haven't experienced good ball yet and htink it's all good. The only reason a lot still play is because there isn't anything else to do. Got to be a record this year for players quitting before the season is over. Got to be a record for players saying they don't want to play and probably wont play next year. Look at signing classes for a lot of colleges this year and see their signees didn't play hschool ball this year. The are starting to pull them off like you ask. Heard a rumor about one alternative might be coming up next year and then they won't have to play any more.