BATTERS BOX

NewellHartbaseball

Okay so ppl are still talking about the terrible call last season in the district 13AAA championship game between Ja

ckson Northside & Dyer County. The district

Tournament is at Jackson Northside this year........should the batters box be required at this tournament? I KNOW I WOULD PREFER THEM! I think they should because

Some fans don't realize that even if you raise your arm & the ball hits you.....if you are in that box you get your base!

Okay so ppl are still talking about the terrible call last season in the district 13AAA championship game between Ja

ckson Northside & Dyer County. The district

Tournament is at Jackson Northside this year........should the batters box be required at this tournament? I KNOW I WOULD PREFER THEM! I think they should because

Some fans don't realize that even if you raise your arm & the ball hits you.....if you are in that box you get your base!

The highlighted portion of your post is not true.

The highlighted portion of your post is not true.

Ok, I was going to delete this one b/c it's duplicate (accident) but I'm interested to know why you think that portion is not true? Our batter was not hugging the plate; therefore, I'm stating he was in the imaginary box. Wild pitch, batter attempts to get out of the way, but in doing so he raised his elbow/arm & it hits him. Umpire gave him his base & the opposing team went balistic stating he was out of batters box. ??????? there was NO BATTER'S BOX. How would you not get your base if you were hit by pitch while standing in the batter's box?

I'm not being ugly, just really trying to understand. IF there are rules set regarding this issue, why is there any question as to whether to draw the box or not?