The Pirates from South Pittsburg

OLD PIRATE

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UncleDave here is kin to that young man....don't much like someone or anyone running that jaw that does not know anything about that situation. He did not have a choice in the matter...his parents made him go up there in 6th grade...for what reason, I don't know. I went to SP elementary and graduated from SPHS and am proud to be a Pirate, but I have tried my best to support him. He has made a decision after graduation that few young men have the courage to do....the Marines are calling and he is going. Those two state titles and a possible baseball title won't mean jack squat to him or any of these kids 10 years down the road.

1st congrats to him for choosing a challenging post high school career in service of the country! :thumb:

his parents made him go up there in 6th grade...Old Pirate ain't never blamed youngons for mistakes that parents make neither. OP never figured it to be a youngons fault when changes in schools or communities in which they live are made. Fact is... parents see... or think they see greener pastures somewhere else and attempt to find a better enviroment often times finding out it ain't always greener! Dad burnit UD, recon all us coacht fellers knows yous a true skillet head nows.......recon any feller that won a state championship or lost one ain't ritely goin to agree with that last statement! :popcorneater:

Edited by OLD PIRATE