South Football

Im not judging any schools academics.You said you didnt care if south's academic's suffered.And i thought it was pretty funny.You do know its just games they play and theres more important stuff to worry about?And yall can write all about my spelling,I can care less.But i do get my point across.Hey J fixs this one for me.LMAO :thumb:

I don't have enough time to fix that mess. It's not about spelling. It is about being able to put a coherent sentence together.

You did judge academics. I said it would be no big deal if some db athletes came to South. Probably wouldn't lower South's academic standing in a discernible way. That's OK.

Let me give you a few facts.

1. There is no difference in db and South's academic performance over the last 10 years.

2. Median income and education in Colonial Heights exceeds the cities.

3. The vast majority of county residents do not want to be annexed. They have no choice, no vote, no voice.

4. There is absolutely no chance db can absorb all of South's students.

5. As was admitted, by a city employee, on another thread that the annexations are all about money. They don't want North. Why is that? Where's the concern for those poor county schools?

How would you like it if someone in Johnson City came to you and said: "We closing your schools and busing your kids away from your community. We know what is best for you. And by the way, you'll be getting our bill for $3,500 for our efforts"?

This post is really not directed to db NC, as he won't understand it. Just don't want others, from other parts of the state, to misunderstand the situation.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have enough time to fix that mess. It's not about spelling. It is about being able to put a coherent sentence together.

You did judge academics. I said it would be no big deal if some db athletes came to South. Probably wouldn't lower South's academic standing in a discernible way. That's OK.

Let me give you a few facts.

1. There is no difference in db and South's academic performance over the last 10 years.

2. Median income and education in Colonial Heights exceeds the cities.

3. The vast majority of county residents do not want to be annexed. They have no choice, no vote, no voice.

4. There is absolutely no chance db can absorb all of South's students.

5. As was admitted, by a city employee, on another thread that the annexations are all about money. They don't want North. Why is that? Where's the concern for those poor county schools?

How would you like it if someone in Johnson City came to you and said: "We closing your schools and busing your kids away from your community. We know what is best for you. And by the way, you'll be getting our bill for $3,500 for our efforts"?

This post is really not directed to db NC, as he won't understand it. Just don't want others, from other parts of the state, to misunderstand the situation.

All i understand is people and fans of south{the school itself}keeps sayin how bad it would be if they had to go to D-B.And most of it is because they HATE D-B.And thats the stupid part of it.And just like in knoxville the bigger schools get more attn from colleges in sports and academics than the smaller ones.And i know this aint knoxville,but im tryin to explain with another area because when the City of KPT is brought up everyone goes into HATER MODE. :thumb:

Otis, that hater mentality that you speak of is not a one way street. It's the Hatfields and the McCoys and it will always be. Whether we are under one roof or not. And you can make DB the largest school in the state, which by your method it would be by a large margin, but nothing would change. If DB couldn't win a state championship with the group they had last year then it ain't going to happen. Everyone thinks it's a numbers game, but the most successful schools in the state, athletically speaking, are not the largest. In fact, the largest schools in the state are the worst. It's much more complicated than just numbers. Take the Memphis area for example. Some of the worst football schools in the state but more scholarships and more professional athletes come from that area than many others. The Knoxville area schools and the Rutherford county schools are the most competitive in the state...period. And where are the highest paid coaches in the state? Meanwhile, where are the lowest paid coaches in the state? DB has 2000 students and they get the cream of the crop of the local football talent. South is bordering on a reduction in classification and has been since Stacy Carter first came to South. South's claim to fame is not numbers it is their in your face attitude. They do more with less...in spite of coaching staffs that don't give a hoot and administrators that allow it to breed. Football, of course, being the exception...and maybe Soccer. Why do South people not want to go to DB? Because they don't feel it is trading up. They know what they bring to the table and they feel the city needs us...not that we need them. DB is just not Maryville. I mean, starting salary for a teacher in the city is 12K higher than in the county. What's up with that? I mean, the city and the county are in the same country...correct? I could go on and on about the unequalities but the bottom line is the South people do what they have to do to be successful and even though we are jealous of all your facilities and nice things we choose to continue to fight our age old battles the old fashioned way. We were born the underdog and it keeps us hungry. And every year we think is our year and you city people always laugh...but the difference between us and you is...we don't give up.

COMP,I'll give it to you buddy.You're alot smarter than i thought.LOL,You can have all the heart in the world {Refer to Central}But it still takes talent.Im not sayin 3000 kids will make D-B a top team.That don't matter cause everyone dont play sports.You said we need yall more than yall need us.LMAO,TRUST me D-B dont need South players to win,we've done proved that.When was the last time South won?We got more talent.Not sayin south dont have any.But think of what would have happened with the likes of TJ and Heath and some others along side ChrisS,SeanS,MaC and others.C.Heights is slowly becoming KPT anyway.Having two schools want do nothin but maybe make them avg.Bristol and Johnson City has just 1 school.The city of KPT including the south area will fall behind.And its just not about sports.But this is a sports site so thats all im going to talk about.Rather you want to face it or not.The city is coming over into C.heights area so why not try to join them.Not being RUDE,But before South becomes another North.Not sayin they arn't talented.Theres not any top county schools around.Maybe a few.But not around here. :thumb:

Im not judging any schools academics.You said you didnt care if south's academic's suffered.And i thought it was pretty funny.You do know its just games they play and theres more important stuff to worry about?And yall can write all about my spelling,I can care less.But i do get my point across.Hey J fixs this one for me.LMAO :thumb:

Duh!!! Let me say it so you'll understand. Ya got da wrong dude, Jack.