South Football

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good scrimmage today at North for both teams.Hope everyone is ok and there were no serious injuries.I think North will be a handful for most of their schedule and South has the size and speed to make some noise in 5A this year.A lot for both to work on but seen a lot of great plays by each team.I thought for the world South was killing the running back with the ball and then seen North's QB sprinting about 60 or seventy yards for the score.South has some speed and got loose with the pass several times.I know both coaches were working in a lot of young guys after the first few series but it was a good scrimmage and both got their shots in today.

Edited by BatmanDB

How would you like it if someone in Johnson City came to you and said: "We closing your schools and busing your kids away from your community. We know what is best for you. And by the way, you'll be getting our bill for $3,500 for our efforts"?

Back when I was in Middle School, there was actually a chance of this happening in Gray. JC wanted to annex Gray, get some tax dollars, but they would have had to take Gray Middle School along with the deal. At the time, JC was ready to go ahead with it, which would have sucked, as Gray would have been in the city and I would have had to head to another one of Washington County's schools. Long story short, you have Gray voting no on annexation and JC went away. JC is creeping into Gray more and more, as Suncrest Dr. is pretty much all city.

I couldn't imagine being in this situation, but I would think it would be pretty interesting all around. The only difference I could see in who goes where is some of the kids in the middle....some will either be at DB or some will end at South. It will be zoned, it won't have open enrollment....not at first. If you look at the updates that DB has had done to classrooms, you will have parents on the South end screaming for equality...and rightly so. If Kingsport takes over South, they can't play favorites with the classroom part of the deal. As far as football goes....it all comes down to Boosters so I would say things will remain the same.

Things will have to be evened up which will mean some updates for South and DB so that both schools have the same in the classroom. As far as football goes....I am betting you will see a higher enrollment at south as far as population goes, some minor jumps on athletes going to one school or another (which already happens) and that'll be the end of it as I see it. Nothing...will...change.

Back when I was in Middle School, there was actually a chance of this happening in Gray. JC wanted to annex Gray, get some tax dollars, but they would have had to take Gray Middle School along with the deal. At the time, JC was ready to go ahead with it, which would have sucked, as Gray would have been in the city and I would have had to head to another one of Washington County's schools. Long story short, you have Gray voting no on annexation and JC went away. JC is creeping into Gray more and more, as Suncrest Dr. is pretty much all city.

I couldn't imagine being in this situation, but I would think it would be pretty interesting all around. The only difference I could see in who goes where is some of the kids in the middle....some will either be at DB or some will end at South. It will be zoned, it won't have open enrollment....not at first. If you look at the updates that DB has had done to classrooms, you will have parents on the South end screaming for equality...and rightly so. If Kingsport takes over South, they can't play favorites with the classroom part of the deal. As far as football goes....it all comes down to Boosters so I would say things will remain the same.

Things will have to be evened up which will mean some updates for South and DB so that both schools have the same in the classroom. As far as football goes....I am betting you will see a higher enrollment at south as far as population goes, some minor jumps on athletes going to one school or another (which already happens) and that'll be the end of it as I see it. Nothing...will...change.

I think you are right on.