State Tournament?

You can go to www.tngirlsbasketball.org and click on the 2011 state tab and find out who won in all age groups, but I will give the ones I know. 5th grade D1: TN Trotters-1st, TN Team Pride-2nd, Nashville Select-3rd, TN Flight Select-4th. I am pretty sure that the Trotters also won the 4th Grade Division.

You can go to www.tngirlsbasketball.org and click on the 2011 state tab and find out who won in all age groups, but I will give the ones I know. 5th grade D1: TN Trotters-1st, TN Team Pride-2nd, Nashville Select-3rd, TN Flight Select-4th. I am pretty sure that the Trotters also won the 4th Grade Division.

Thanks for the results - and yes, I'm familiar with the website. My post was more to point out that there was no mention at all of the State tournament - which is supposed to be a big deal. Normally there is some sort of chatter, updates, comments, SOMETHING. In the past there would be posts about standout players, coaches, programs - anymore this is just a message board to announce tryouts and tournaments. Maybe this is indicative of the general non-interest or decline in AAU girls basketball???

Things have changed after (Peanut) retired. :ph34r: Maybe the new people in charge will learn (with time), just how good of a job, he did and return reginal substate tourneys to the program. :flower:

I'm not completely sold either way on the substate vs qualifiers, but I will say that the State Tournament was extremely well-run and organized. They did a great job of keeping information flowing at all times. My only issue with this year vs. last year was there was no trophy presentation this year for the runner-up team, only medals (guess where my teams finished!).

• 3 weeks later...

Memphis Elite-Daniels edged out Memphis Elite-Little in the Division 1 11th grade Divison to secure the State Title and Southeastern Region #2 National AAU Seed. (92 - 87)

Memphis Elite-Daniels Roster:

Danielle Ballard 5'9" Memphis Central (JR)

Destiny James 5'8" Bartlett (JR)

Kelsey Briggs 6'1" Munford (SO)

Lauren Douglas 6'3" Briarcrest (JR)

Tiara Caldwell 6'3" Millington (SO)

Maddison Luckett 6'0" St. Benedict (SO)

KeKe Patterson 5'7" Columbus,MS (SO)

Teresa Mays 5'7" Woodale (SO)

Alicia Payne 5'7" Whitestation (JR)

Ayanna Muhammad 5'6" Ridgeway (SO)

• 4 weeks later...