Signal Mountain Annual 7 on 7 Competition

Well that was certainly entertaining today Congrats to Bradley on beating North Jackson for the title. North Jackson was very impressive, I had never seen them before today , they put on a show with Ridgeland in the second round. I didn't get to see the Soddy Signal scrap , but alot of people took off running to see it . I guess they were just continuing what they started back in the spring. Overall lots of good match ups and some surprises.

Check the post I started. The film is comming soon. You can't hide from the film. Class 5 and 6th thread.

Yeah we started it, just keeping being delusional. Give me break and pray your not one of the ones in the video.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check the post I started. The film is comming soon. You can't hide from the film. Class 5 and 6th thread.

Yeah we started it, just keeping being delusional. Give me break and pray your not one of the ones in the video.

Hold up now, I'm not a supporter of Soddy or Signal and was no where near the field when this event happened. So take it easy geez.

Hold up now, I'm not a supporter of Soddy or Signal and was no where near the field when this event happened. So take it easy geez.

LOL you even said you didn't see it. He is apparently an angry parent that wants to blame someone. Neither team was innocent and both deserve equal blame. But at the end of the game both teams shook hands and went on, guess he can't.

You are right there were some good match ups. Obviously Bradley looked good. I also thought Soddy had a couple of very good DB's, I really can't believe North Jackson beat them. But in that game they didn't play with any emotion, guess after the game with SM they lost it. North Jackson looked okay but I was surprised they made the finals, guess it was luck of the draw. I was also surprised Red Bank didn't preform better. I didn't see McCallie but I was told they didn't look that good.

LOL you even said you didn't see it. He is apparently an angry parent that wants to blame someone. Neither team was innocent and both deserve equal blame. But at the end of the game both teams shook hands and went on, guess he can't.

You are right there were some good match ups. Obviously Bradley looked good. I also thought Soddy had a couple of very good DB's, I really can't believe North Jackson beat them. But in that game they didn't play with any emotion, guess after the game with SM they lost it. North Jackson looked okay but I was surprised they made the finals, guess it was luck of the draw. I was also surprised Red Bank didn't preform better. I didn't see McCallie but I was told they didn't look that good.

I am sure it would be easy for you if it was our parents physically attacking your kids, maybe thats the way you roll. Last I checked thats a Felony Brother! Other than that I was I was pleased with our performance considering our D1 saftey/wide reciever who is being looked at by 4 SEC schools wasn't even there. But we are a 6A school and your a 4A school (even with kids who don't live on the mountain) so I really don't get to excited beating schools with less enrollment than we have. But some teams would consider that state championship material.

Edited by foozballman

Now unless anyone else wants to share a different scenario of the events that transpired I am going to drop this subject. The way I see it nobody won. But if your interested I have the great video of the man who commited this because after I ran to the field I left my video camera running and it stays on him for over 5 minutes. I don't mean to bash the program but when stuff like what happen to day occurs it becomes a black eye on your program.

Now unless anyone else wants to share a different scenario of the events that transpired I am going to drop this subject. The way I see it nobody won. But if your interested I have the great video of the man who commited this because after I ran to the field I left my video camera running and it stays on him for over 5 minutes. I don't mean to bash the program but when stuff like what happen to day occurs it becomes a black eye on your program.

Well if one of the adults on our side actually hit a kid I can say I wish it was caught on video. Because I can assure you none of the people I know would condone it.

Things like what happened today become a black eye on both programs. I can say people on the SM side expected this to happen just like the people on the SD side did. I will also say the SM people say it's SD and I'm sure the SD people say it's SM and the truth is that's its both.

We will meet again in the jamboree and I predict you will see a spirited game without the fighting. If I'm wrong I guess there will be some kids sitting out for a couple of games.

I am sure it would be easy for you if it was our parents physically attacking your kids, maybe thats the way you roll. Last I checked thats a Felony Brother! Other than that I was I was pleased with our performance considering our D1 saftey/wide reciever who is being looked at by 4 SEC schools wasn't even there. But we are a 6A school and your a 4A school (even with kids who don't live on the mountain) so I really don't get to excited beating schools with less enrollment than we have. But some teams would consider that state championship material.

You guys have had articles in the paper about all your D1 prospects. You have a good group of kids but from my discussions with media people there is no D1 SEC guys happening. You need to move on off this subject. Just like smeagle1 said the kids shook hands and went about there way. The parents are the ones that keep pushing the subject!!!

I’ve been told about very serious and extremely unfortunate accident that happened during one of the games today. Apparently during one of the Bradley games a family member was sitting along the sideline on one of the lower fields watching. I was told a Bradley player went to make a catch on the side she was sitting on and his attempt to make a play ran him into her. Apparently his helmet collided with her head causing a much more serious injury than anyone anticipated. I was told they (not sure who they is, assume people around or family) decided to driver her to hospital instead of waiting for an ambulance. Apparently by the time she got to the car she was vomiting, which isn’t a good sign. I was also told she went into cardiac arrest before they got down the mountain but the people driving her we able resuscitate her. As of the end of the tournament I heard she was in an induced coma on life support. Now I have heard all of this second/third hand but no matter it sounds like it's very serious and my prayers are with her and her family. I hope someone can post more information and give an update on her condition and correct anything that might not be correct with what I have heard/posted.

does nobody remember the thrashing signal mountain has given soddy the last 2 seasons in scrimmages?

Really, we have to go through this again. OUR BEST PLAYER WERE STILL PLAYING STATE TOURNAMENT BASEBALL. HERE IS A NOVEL IDEA. YOU TRY PLAYING A SEASON WITH ONLY KIDS THAT LIVE ON THE MOUNTAIN. MAYBE IF YOU WOULD STOP BUSSING KIDS FROM THE VALLEY YOU COULD AFFORD RESTROOMS AT YOUR SCHOOL. AGAING FOR A FINAL TIME WHEN WE SCRIMMAGE OUR BEST PLAYERS ARE PLAYING BASEBALL, ARE IN THE STATE TOURNAMENT AND CANNOT BE THERE FOR THE SCRIMMAGE. I NOW STUFF TRAVELS UP THE MOUNTAIN SLOW BUT MAN.

I’ve been told about very serious and extremely unfortunate accident that happened during one of the games today. Apparently during one of the Bradley games a family member was sitting along the sideline on one of the lower fields watching. I was told a Bradley player went to make a catch on the side she was sitting on and his attempt to make a play ran him into her. Apparently his helmet collided with her head causing a much more serious injury than anyone anticipated. I was told they (not sure who they is, assume people around or family) decided to driver her to hospital instead of waiting for an ambulance. Apparently by the time she got to the car she was vomiting, which isn’t a good sign. I was also told she went into cardiac arrest before they got down the mountain but the people driving her we able resuscitate her. As of the end of the tournament I heard she was in an induced coma on life support. Now I have heard all of this second/third hand but no matter it sounds like it's very serious and my prayers are with her and her family. I hope someone can post more information and give an update on her condition and correct anything that might not be correct with what I have heard/posted.

This is far worse than any brawl that happened yesterday. At no time did I hear of this story but my prayers are with her.

There are things that need to change to keep incidents like these from happening. There needs to be rules in place during tournaments like these that need to be inforced. There HAS TO BE OFFICIALS AT THESE GAMES so that they can inforce if not just rules but seating. These have become more than just practices, they are treated more like games. Fans do not need to be sitting anywhere near the action. When a kid comes flying throught the crowd it is nothing like what happens in basketball. This kid becomes a weapon in hard shelled reinforced helmet. I know that would be harder to do on the soccer field where this incident occurred. Again praying for the girl and hope to hear an improving status.