Signal Mountain Annual 7 on 7 Competition

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know where or if all of the scores will be posted. Although winning is important in any competition, I really wish there was some way these 7 on 7's, scrimmages, and jamborees could be more about the practice than the competition. JMO.

I thought Bradley Central, North Jackson, Soddy,Signal, and Ridgeland all had their moments where things were clicking. South Pitt also looked suprisingly good, given that passing is not really their style of football.

North Jackson vs. South Pitt would be a good game.:thumb:

Edited by MountainTroll

Don't know where or if all of the scores will be posted. Although winning is important in any competition, I really wish there was some way these 7 on 7's, scrimmages, and jamborees could be more about the practice than the competition. JMO.

I thought Bradley Central, North Jackson, Soddy,Signal, and Ridgeland all had their moments where things were clicking. South Pitt also looked suprisingly good, given that passing is not really their style of football.

North Jackson vs. South Pitt would be a good game.:thumb:

Well why not just a play a complete round robin then? Whats the point of the tournament if winning shouldn't matter? Just asking, its yalls event.

I’ve been told about very serious and extremely unfortunate accident that happened during one of the games today. Apparently during one of the Bradley games a family member was sitting along the sideline on one of the lower fields watching. I was told a Bradley player went to make a catch on the side she was sitting on and his attempt to make a play ran him into her. Apparently his helmet collided with her head causing a much more serious injury than anyone anticipated. I was told they (not sure who they is, assume people around or family) decided to driver her to hospital instead of waiting for an ambulance. Apparently by the time she got to the car she was vomiting, which isn’t a good sign. I was also told she went into cardiac arrest before they got down the mountain but the people driving her we able resuscitate her. As of the end of the tournament I heard she was in an induced coma on life support. Now I have heard all of this second/third hand but no matter it sounds like it's very serious and my prayers are with her and her family. I hope someone can post more information and give an update on her condition and correct anything that might not be correct with what I have heard/posted.

I hate to hear this. Prayers sent her way.

The article said Ridgeland got good performances by a transfer quarterback from Red Bank and a transfer quarterback from Chattanooga Central, for the person wondering how Ridgeland did.

Interesting that Bridges was just a RB at Red Bank and is now excelling at QB so quickly, also Poetic justice that a central player leaves John Allen for Coach Mariakis. Cant blame him on that one.

Edited by ridgelandpanthers07

The ambulance is a good idea. Hopefully, we are learning as our program grows.:thumb:

I agreed with your statement about scrimmages and jamborees should be played for practice rather than keeping score, WOW we agree on something!!!!!!!!!!!!! However, having an ambulance on site is not only a good idea it's a necessity; especially since SM field is a ways out of town. And no matter how young a program is one shouldn't have to learn that. Seq has always had someone at all our gatherings even at a lot of the practices, but Seq field is not that far from emergency personnel either.

I agreed with your statement about scrimmages and jamborees should be played for practice rather than keeping score, WOW we agree on something!!!!!!!!!!!!! However, having an ambulance on site is not only a good idea it's a necessity; especially since SM field is a ways out of town. And no matter how young a program is one shouldn't have to learn that. Seq has always had someone at all our gatherings even at a lot of the practices, but Seq field is not that far from emergency personnel either.

Ain't seen you in a while, bratt. Figgered somethin like this would wake you up. I would have expected a little more vitriol, though. :roflolk:

Don't know anybody that has ambulances at practice, but should be at all competitions, including scrimmages. Don't know how it works in this screwed-up county of ours, but I suspect we have to pay to get the ambulance there. Suspect in small communities, the ambulance crew is happy to come hangout for free to get a good seat. Guess we will be finding out.

Ain't seen you in a while, bratt. Figgered somethin like this would wake you up. I would have expected a little more vitriol, though. :roflolk:

Don't know anybody that has ambulances at practice, but should be at all competitions, including scrimmages. Don't know how it works in this screwed-up county of ours, but I suspect we have to pay to get the ambulance there. Suspect in small communities, the ambulance crew is happy to come hangout for free to get a good seat. Guess we will be finding out.

Haven't been on here much been spending all my time looking for a job. My son graduated so I will not be bashing to much. Good luck this season except for well you know.